• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thought of another question. I know during Spring Break and other holidays you usually work longer hours because it's more crowded- If I applied for Spring Advantage (2012 hopeful) would I be working long hours like that the entire summer? I'm thinking the answer is yes, but I'd like to know for sure.

I haven't done a spring season, but I know that I worked a lot more during holidays , but it's only because the parks are open later.

Hello everyone!

I just have a question about vacation time during the programs. Is there a time period (like a week or so) that the CP gives off? I'm thinking specifically for the Fall 2011 program (I'm calling tomorrow to set up my interview. Ahhh so nervous). Or is it sort of like only weekends or 2 days a week off?

I'm not sure if I'm going to answer this right, but i'm giving it a shot. When they mentioned full availability, they meant it. CP's work the worst hours, but what's worse to someone at one location is great from someone else. You'll get two days off a week. It's likely you'll get them in a row if you are taking a class. But those are regular days off. If you want a vacation, you can simply request it off like any other day

Hello everyone!

I just have a question about vacation time during the programs. Is there a time period (like a week or so) that the CP gives off? I'm thinking specifically for the Fall 2011 program (I'm calling tomorrow to set up my interview. Ahhh so nervous). Or is it sort of like only weekends or 2 days a week off?

You don't get any kind of vacation time at all aside from your 2 days off a week. They are normally back to back days off but not Sat and Sun. they are called weekends because they are your weekend. My weekend was almost always Teusday Wednesday. But I also had a week where I got Thursday and Saturday off. So it's not always back to back days.

Edit: You can request time off but normally if it's a week you won't get it what I've seen people do is request Friday Sat Sun and Mon off. Since Sunday starts the new week you would only be missing 2 days of the week in both weeks and you would have 4 days off in a row enough time to go home unless you have to drive a long ways.

I've been reading about the CM tours on the previous page. Does anyone know if they have ever done one for pirates? I would love to go on that one! Also, what is the price range for the cm tours, and what discount have you received for regular tours like Segway, kttk etc?

1. Well...like someone said, I don't think any of us know for sure, but I applied around April 10 a year ago and heard back within 9 days. I applied the very first day I could this year and heard back 27 days later...:scared1: So...that is MY experience, yes haha.
2. This I would also say yes to, as one of my roommates didn't even put merch as one of her choices, but worked retail back home...and that's what she got. But then again, my friend has worked so many restaurants & clothing stores...and she just got accepted for custodial. A role they added to her list DURING her interview.:confused3
3. If your school has any requirements regarding the classes, they may not let you take one of the exploration series...but that is what I took last semester and I loved it. (No homework/tests...just show up and be ready to talk!:goodvibes) I took Exploring Guest Services and I intend to take either Exploring HR or Exploring Disney Heritage this fall...the latter was filled when I went to sign up.:guilty:

Thank you that was really helpful! I hope I get in and get to do merch I have a lot of experience in it and it's my first choice! Fingers crossed! Thanks for the helpful comments and suggestion!

Anyone know what the most/least requested roles are?
I hear Attractions is the most and QSFB/Custodial is the least.

But I'm mostly trying to figure out how often Hospitality, Character Attendant, and FSFB are requested as compared to the other roles.

I applied for Spring '11 in October and didn't pass the web interview. I've done a lot of research and I'm now ready to try again. My six-months isn't up until April 7th so my question is should I apply for fall '11 then?

Basically, I'm worried that applying later in the process will hurt my chances. Will I have the same chance as everybody else or should I just wait to apply in August for Spring '12?

I applied for Spring '11 in October and didn't pass the web interview. I've done a lot of research and I'm now ready to try again. My six-months isn't up until April 7th so my question is should I apply for fall '11 then?

Basically, I'm worried that applying later in the process will hurt my chances. Will I have the same chance as everybody else or should I just wait to apply in August for Spring '12?

Being late isn't supposed to hurt you...but its a total judgement call. If you fail in April you could apply again in October which isn't that far into the Spring 12 apps so I say the risk is worth the reward.:thumbsup2

In other words yes apply haha

Apply!! It's worth the risk. You can still apply for spring if you don't get accepted.

Anyone know what the most/least requested roles are?
I hear Attractions is the most and QSFB/Custodial is the least.

But I'm mostly trying to figure out how often Hospitality, Character Attendant, and FSFB are requested as compared to the other roles.

All 3 are pretty requested (especially character attendant of those 3).

I've been reading about the CM tours on the previous page. Does anyone know if they have ever done one for pirates? I would love to go on that one! Also, what is the price range for the cm tours, and what discount have you received for regular tours like Segway, kttk etc?

I've never seen one offered for Pirates. The CM tours are free. As for the regular tours, there is a wide range of prices. They go from about $20 (the Behind the Seeds tour) to over $200 (Backstage Magic). The discounts range from 20% (I think) to 50% off. I don't believe any others besides the new AK tour have no discount

Aww I'm so sorry!! That happened to me when I applied for spring. :( I'm retaking it today(my application finally reopened!) and I'm so nervous. Are you going to try again for next spring?

I am ABSOLUTELY going to try again! :D I want this SO bad and I am going to keep on trying! I love Disney so much, this is my dreammm!

Hi I'm back with another question haha

Does anyone know when Disney stops accepting applications for the Fall 2011 CP? I already submitted mine and had my phone interview yesterday morning (wish me luck!). I'm just curious, perhaps thinking about telling a friend to apply as well (but I sort of want to make sure I get in first lol).

Hi I'm back with another question haha

Does anyone know when Disney stops accepting applications for the Fall 2011 CP? I already submitted mine and had my phone interview yesterday morning (wish me luck!). I'm just curious, perhaps thinking about telling a friend to apply as well (but I sort of want to make sure I get in first lol).

The DCP website lists campus presentations all the way up through late April, so I'm assuming one could still apply pretty late into April

One of the roles I've been considering is Housekeeping,
& Just curious, is Housekeeping a tipped role for CPs? I know not everyone leaves tips, but I always do and just thought about that. I checked the DCP site and it doesn't say anything about it.

I have also heard that if you have a tipped role they take more out of your paycheck..

Can anyone clear this up for me?
If anyone has worked in Housekeeping during their CP, please shed some light on this for me. Thanks!

This thread and people's responses to it have been so helpful! But it seems like I come up with new questions every day. Here's a few more:

1. I know that candles are not allowed in the apartments, but what about incense? I really like to use it (provided my roommates don't mind of course).

2. How do the discounts for hotels work? If I use my discount, do I have to stay in the room? For example, I have a very close friend who has a four year old and very limited funds and I would love to use my discount to get them a room. Is that possible? What about for family members? Actually, any insight on discounts is helpful, lol.

3. What are the rules about drinking? Obviously underage drinking is not allowed, but is there any scenario where people who are all over the age of 21 would get in trouble/termed for it?

That's all for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter