College Program Practice Application

majorbsquared

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

With my major in college, there's really only one opportunity for me to be able to attend the CP. Not having the opportunity to apply again and again kinda scares me...I read that if you are accepted into the CP and turn it down it won't hurt you if you apply again in the future.

Would it then make sense to apply at some point as sort of a "practice run" to ensure I get the flow of things down, helping my chances when I apply in the future, or is that frowned upon? :confused:

Thanks!

You could always apply for the semester after you graduate. You only need to be enrolled during the time of the application to be accepted. And the only thing you would need to practice, would be the phone interview. Honestly, the rest of it is common sense (So is the phone interview though.)

Exactly. It is common sense. Nothing really to practice. If you do research on interviews in general, you'll be fine.

Disney interview is more like a conversation, but they cover the same stuff like "why do you want to work here?"

Plus they have given a ton of tips and stuff on their blog.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?tag=phone-interview

If you add all of that info together, you can get a pretty good idea as to what it is all about.

Outside of it not really being necessary and that you would just be wasting time (their time and your time- my opinion), you need to look at it like this:
What happens if you get an offer? That means you were extended a spot that could have been given to someone who actually intended to participate. Yes, they compensate in the number of people they extend offers to and all of that, but still... you just took a spot that someone else would have readily accepted.

It's not as difficult as you would believe. The most important thing is to sound happy and cheerful and smile on the phone, and have lots of energy. That's what they're really looking for. Any more detailed info is for specific roles that may require past experience.

I applied two years before I applied again this time around. I was accepted the first time but had to turn it down. But I applied again and now I move down for my CP on August 8! Having had the other interview before I ha my most recent helped me a lot. It definatly will calm your nerves even though the interview isn't too bad! If you're a worrier like me, I would suggest applying once before you're ready to go. But apply early on when they first open up the applications do that you can quickly decline and they can fill your spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter