Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

Love the Flight of Wonder update! We have not been in a very long time, maybe we should put it on our list for the summer. :thumbsup2

Plus, you picked some nice bribes! Love me some EE and some Disney icy treats! :goodvibes

Ok I checked, I have the ebags "mother lode mini". I have the e-tech version but there are a couple, the non e-tech looks pretty cool too (there was only one option when I got it). They've updated it since mine and I actually like the changes even better. The boys have a great one that's a bit more simple but it doesn't look like they offer that size any more (carryon) the one they have now is too large for carryon. They have something super similar to the boys, the TLS mini but it doesn't look like you can buy that by itself, only as part of a value set with a larger bag.

I also have a hardsided spinner that I use for work tradeshow stuff from them and it is the bomb!

Thanks for checking, I'll take a look...zippers are getting worn out on the ones we have, so time to start shopping :thumbsup2

AND I am doing a :cool1::cool1: 2 week dance for Aualni!

:cool1::woohoo:

Can't wait to read the report! I may or may not be plagiarizing ideas.

This one looked like he had something to say…or was missing the Tiki Room.

:lmao::rotfl2:

Don't look now, there is an owl above your head.

I have to admit, I would be nervous through this whole show about something unwanted coming from above my head. :crazy2:

Now, as any good parent will do, I rewarded my children for putting up with the Flights of Wonder.

And here I thought being at Disney World was the reward! :rotfl:

Yep, a third trip to the mountain. I didn't say we didn't GET fast passes, just said we weren't going to wait that long to ride it. Then. Now they were due!

:woohoo:

This time...no camera...and it would appear...no glasses. Eric looks less terrified but…the hand grip may indicate otherwise. Evan’s face cracks me up!

Me too! :rotfl2:

Page 73 of our report - there are Rainforest cafe mugs for your boys. Tell them not to run with them. They will break. ;)

Kay and I saw Flights of Wonder in March. It had been quite a while since I had seen it. I don't think we've seen it since Bella would have been old enough to remember, so we need to get back there with her. December will probably be a good time to do it, since it will be crowded, and we'll be looking for things we can get into without a lot of trouble.

I'd say you have every right to be dancing for an 'almost here' Aulani trip! :dance3:

Such fun Flights of Wonder photos!!! I have only seen it once, but I really liked it. I feel like every time I have been there since, I walk up right as they are closing to start the show...figures! :rotfl::rotfl:

We always used to get frozen bananas, but once I got one that tasted funny and never have tried again...:confused3 I am a fan of the Mickey Bars...but what about the Mickey IC Sandwich?! Now those are good!:thumbsup2

I have eaten at Flame tree the last 2 trips and really liked it. I had the BBQ Chicken Salad, which was really good, I thought. I think they have changed it, though, so I don't know how it is now. I thought the desserts were OK, nothing spectacular, but I'm not that picky when it comes to desserts. They did remind me of a pudding cup, but I like those.

I love flights of wonder and its great that they use different birds for the same story line. That blue parrot is so amazing. And that bird with the stuff on his head - very cool. Glad the boys enjoyed it. I would say that bribing them worked out well because (1) you got to ride EE again and (2) you got a frozen banana. :rotfl:

Two weeks to Aulani - NICE! :thumbsup2 I hope you have an awesome time. It really looks like an amazing place.

We did Flights of Wonder for this first time on this last trip. :thumbsup2 And looks like we had the same tour guide (scared of birds guy). I thought he was fantastic. Very entertaining.

Excited for your upcoming trip! :cool1:

I love a good bird show. Don't think we went last trip though and I know on our wedding trip we tried to go but it was rained off so may not have been since 2008. Sometimes a show is good just for a sit down for a little while to relax after running around the park in the heat. Glad to see a little bit of rain didn't stop you getting an ice cream.

You know... I have the tiki room song in my head now!! Darn! :lmao: Some of your photos looked like they were right out of the story line for Tiki Room anyway so I guess it had to happen.

Bribery - it's just a mom showing love in a Mickey bar kinda way! ;)

Now tick tock girl, time for shopping for your Hawaii trip! :hourglass :upsidedow

All caught up!

What a great afternoon at AK!

I love the photopass picture of you and the boys, such a nice shot.

Your pictures of EE are great too. I am always holding on for dear life trying not to cry so I have no pictures of the ride :rotfl2:

Thanks! Eric's squinting but overall I still really like the picture.

It was my first time attempting pictures on EE, definitely interesting and more of a take shots approach and look at them later. LOL!

I am officially jealous.

I am SO ready!

Well, almost. I just remembered to order sunscreen a couple of days ago and a nasty head cold/allergies need to clear up first.

I've never been, but I actually really want to see it sometime.

I am glad we went

I think the biggest tell tale sign that they escaped from the Tiki Room would be if you heard a South American bird speaking in a French or German accent. :rotfl2:

Good point

I'm excited for your Aulani visit....are you going to visit any other islands while you're in the neighborhood?

No, we are doing this one on the cheap. We typically don't hop even though generally speaking I'd recommend it. It used to be such an easy fast thing to hop but now it's like changing planes anywhere, same security delays etc. Still easy enough but not quite as cheap as it used to be. We did think about it but cash for a room elsewhere versus points at Aulani...points won. One super cheap flight with points...versus adding a leg...that won too. So far the whole trip is a whopping $400 out of pocket. :thumbsup2 AND I've gotten the rental car down to $137. I do wish we were in a 1B, then our dining costs would be even less. While dinner out of a studio is doable, it's not nearly as easy or nice. If we were though, Kauai would be our first choice as we've never been, probably followed by the Big Island and then Maui. Only as we've been to Maui by far the most. Next trip, assuming we take the kids would likely be an Oahu/Big Island combo but we will see...that may be our 2015 trip.

Flights of Wonder is a good show. You don't need to see it every visit, but every so often it's good to catch.

Another ride on EE; sounds good! :thumbsup2

Another ride on EE is always good! I really enjoyed FOW and I think the E's did too. Very glad we did it.

Love the Flight of Wonder update! We have not been in a very long time, maybe we should put it on our list for the summer. :thumbsup2

Plus, you picked some nice bribes! Love me some EE and some Disney icy treats! :goodvibes

It was a lovely afternoon stop, see a show, another great ride with no wait and treats. Doesn't get much better than that (other than the rain and blisters lol).

Thanks for checking, I'll take a look...zippers are getting worn out on the ones we have, so time to start shopping :thumbsup2

I know how that goes, that's how I ended up with all of them! Nothing worse than being paranoid it is going to burst while you are on your trip or as security beats it up

Fun update, Cynthia. We've never done the bird show (maybe we will give that a whirle in December; not so sure I want to sit through it in the heat of August). I think bribery is a good thing at times at Disney. And the kids seemed to enjoy both of their rewards immensely. :goodvibes

3 Times on the mountain and some fine feathered friends. Sounds like you are putting your time with the boys to good use.

I have not done the Flights of Wonder show in a while and it may not happen this time either. I will get it in sometime again.

I do agree that it needs to be cool so sit an outdoor theater. I just need a breeze or a feel like I am suffocating. :crazy2:

:cool1::woohoo:

Can't wait to read the report! I may or may not be plagiarizing ideas.

Fair enough! I am plagiarizing away myself.

I have to admit, I would be nervous through this whole show about something unwanted coming from above my head. :crazy2:

Or landing on your head. That happened to me once. YUCK.

And here I thought being at Disney World was the reward! :rotfl:

You would think, huh?

reward or bribe is stretching it a bit... I allowed them to use the snack credits they knew they had :rotfl2:

Page 73 of our report - there are Rainforest cafe mugs for your boys. Tell them not to run with them. They will break. ;)

So cute! How fun was that picture to see :goodvibes

Kay and I saw Flights of Wonder in March. It had been quite a while since I had seen it. I don't think we've seen it since Bella would have been old enough to remember, so we need to get back there with her. December will probably be a good time to do it, since it will be crowded, and we'll be looking for things we can get into without a lot of trouble.

I'd say you have every right to be dancing for an 'almost here' Aulani trip! :dance3:

December would be good heatwise for it as well. I don't know if the boys will be up for it again but you never know. I think our trip may be largely dictated by the nephews who haven't been to the World as much. They have us beat at DLR but not at WDW.

I am so ready for Aulani! Well not really, just mentally but so excited.

I'm more concerned about keeping the volume down in the villa with them...Evan mentioned pillow fights and bouncing on beds....but in all likelihood is pushing my buttons on purpose (though darn it he fakes it really well).

Such fun Flights of Wonder photos!!! I have only seen it once, but I really liked it. I feel like every time I have been there since, I walk up right as they are closing to start the show...figures! :rotfl::rotfl:

That has happened to me more than once with more than one show

We always used to get frozen bananas, but once I got one that tasted funny and never have tried again...:confused3 I am a fan of the Mickey Bars...but what about the Mickey IC Sandwich?! Now those are good!:thumbsup2

Jeff is a big fan of the sandwhich. I like them, just like the bars better. Banana freezer burn is no bueno.

I have eaten at Flame tree the last 2 trips and really liked it. I had the BBQ Chicken Salad, which was really good, I thought. I think they have changed it, though, so I don't know how it is now. I thought the desserts were OK, nothing spectacular, but I'm not that picky when it comes to desserts. They did remind me of a pudding cup, but I like those.

I do love a good pudding cup although if it isn't cold, it's kind of icky on a hot day and it seems to be these were more on the room temp side.

I love flights of wonder and its great that they use different birds for the same story line. That blue parrot is so amazing. And that bird with the stuff on his head - very cool. Glad the boys enjoyed it. I would say that bribing them worked out well because (1) you got to ride EE again and (2) you got a frozen banana. :rotfl:

Well....it wasn't a ll that much of a bribe or reward. It was more a matter of allowing them to use the snack credits they knew they had. The downfalls of kids who "get" the DDP. :rotfl2:

I don't remotely remember the story line, sad huh.

Two weeks to Aulani - NICE! :thumbsup2 I hope you have an awesome time. It really looks like an amazing place.

SO READY!

Fun update, Cynthia. We've never done the bird show (maybe we will give that a whirle in December; not so sure I want to sit through it in the heat of August). I think bribery is a good thing at times at Disney. And the kids seemed to enjoy both of their rewards immensely. :goodvibes

December would be a much better time I'd think. Ah I guess technically it wasn't really a bribe. We were using snack credits they knew they had...but the idea hadn't quite occurred to them yet. It would have...but possibly too late and running into dinner so I just steered the timing.

3 Times on the mountain and some fine feathered friends. Sounds like you are putting your time with the boys to good use.

I have not done the Flights of Wonder show in a while and it may not happen this time either. I will get it in sometime again.

I do agree that it needs to be cool so sit an outdoor theater. I just need a breeze or a feel like I am suffocating. :crazy2:

We had a lovely time with just the 3 of us! It really wasn't that bad heat wise, at least not that I recall. We had a miserable time at F! once, thought I was going to die! UGH.

Pretty birds at the FOW show! We've not sat and watched the whole thing that I can remember.

Less than 2 weeks to Aulani! I am very jealous! You HAVE to do a TR for that you know! I'm hoping to go in the next couple years - probably March 2015 is most likely the soonest, but I trust your information and expertise, so I will need to hear about it from you!

Pretty birds at the FOW show! We've not sat and watched the whole thing that I can remember.

There were pretty birds and some of the flying action was great...but of course I didn't capture that part well at all :rotfl2: glad we went!

Less than 2 weeks to Aulani! I am very jealous! You HAVE to do a TR for that you know! I'm hoping to go in the next couple years - probably March 2015 is most likely the soonest, but I trust your information and expertise, so I will need to hear about it from you!

I would really like to go as a family in 2015 as well...probably Feb. I don't like the idea that we are getting on a winter break/mid winter/spring vacation cycle versus summer but that may well we happening. I think we'd appreciate it more in Feb but then will be dying come July and August if we aren't going anywhere!

I do plan to do a TR so will be trying to wrap this one up before we leave. We will see if I pull that off!

its been forver since i have seen flights of wonder, i am thinking maybe 10 years..i bet the kids would really enjoy it, will have to squeeze it in next trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter