Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

You. Are. Crazy! You took photos during EE? And you kept your glasses on? It took me a beer to even take my phone out of pocket. :rotfl:

We really like Flame Tree and always share. Always. The portions are huge. I am not a huge soda drinker and I especially don't enjoy soda at AK. The who;e no lid/straw thing turns me off. The soda always seems flat.

Love the update and all of the pictures. The boys look very happy and I;m glad K got to go on her tour. :thumbsup2

That is such a great idea for your next trip! I try to take the boys pictures in the same spots when we go, so you can do that kind of comparison. It's a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

I do too and have several with the castle but since we didn't hit anything but AK it's a big gap for castle pics, will be 2010 to 2013! I do like the 4 parks concept though so need to get a SE one. I have one from 2009 but it's all 6 of us.

What is PEMCO? Is that a DIS acronym?

LOL! No, it's a local insurance company that has a whole ad campaign called "we're a lot like you, a little different" and it does all these NW personalities that are HYSTERICAL!

Northwest Profile #56 is Sandals and Socks Guy
"There are places in the world where you need to wear wool socks. There are places where you need to wear sandals. Around here, you can't trust the weather to be so decisive. Thus, this ingenious hybrid was born."

Some of the funnier ones are

50 degree shirts off Guy
The super long coffee orderer
Ghostlike Used bookstore waif
Accidental Tech Millionaire
Confused East Coast Transplant

and my favorite

4 way stop, you go, no you go, no you go, guy.

:lmao:

OK, 10 pairs is a lot...not judging, I'm impressed! :) I used to take a lot more clothes and shoes before we started doing carry-ons, but then I typically ended up not wearing everything anyway...it sounds like you wear what you take. Especially for a cruise, it's hard to pack light! What carry-on do you use??

Well for the cruise we did check 2 bags overall I have to admit. I have a great ebags roller that I love. The boys have a slightly different version and both just hold a ton, I just like the layout of mine better. I'll check on the model name. It seriously is magical.

You. Are. Crazy! You took photos during EE? And you kept your glasses on? It took me a beer to even take my phone out of pocket. :rotfl:

I don't think I kept my glasses on, on EE. Not positive but I typcially wouldn't.

We really like Flame Tree and always share. Always. The portions are huge. I am not a huge soda drinker and I especially don't enjoy soda at AK. The who;e no lid/straw thing turns me off. The soda always seems flat.

I don't do soda but I did get an iced tea. Which wasn't all that good or cold, should have gotten a water. I get the paper straw thing, I do, but I don't like it.

Love the update and all of the pictures. The boys look very happy and I;m glad K got to go on her tour. :thumbsup2

They were VERY happy. It was a perfect day.

I must be losing my marbles.:rotfl2:I swear I saw your glasses on you in the EE photo. :upsidedow

Too funny, you are right, I guess I did. Apparently I wasn't worried about it. :rotfl:

Now that you mention it I am surprised I did, that would have been awful if I'd lost them...they are prescription.

Living on the edge...that's me!

Ok, I got so behind! :scared:

Finally with the semester over, I am ready to buckle down and catch up!! :thumbsup2

Well, it's sad the cruise is over, but yay for park days!! AK is such a photogenic park! So fun! I wish we had time in June to visit AK, but we just don't!

Too funny, you are right, I guess I did. Apparently I wasn't worried about it. :rotfl:

Now that you mention it I am surprised I did, that would have been awful if I'd lost them...they are prescription.

Living on the edge...that's me!

I feel better! Dementia runs on my mother's side so I'm acutely aware of my mental status at all times. :lmao:

You are a daredevil!

I have to say I have kept my packing to a minimum for the cruise, 1 suitcase is all I am taking and a carry on for everyone's meds , Of course my Disney Cruise Bag is going too!!:cool1:

Ok, I got so behind! :scared:

Finally with the semester over, I am ready to buckle down and catch up!! :thumbsup2

So do you get to relax and enjoy the summer now? :cool1::cool1:

Well, it's sad the cruise is over, but yay for park days!! AK is such a photogenic park! So fun! I wish we had time in June to visit AK, but we just don't![/QUOTE]

Well...yay for park day anyway. days would have been lovely but one is better than none that's for sure!

We are always shortchanging AK which is how it ended up our only park for the trip and I have to say it really let us focus on it, enjoy it, but not stress about a thing. It was wonderful.

I feel better! Dementia runs on my mother's side so I'm acutely aware of my mental status at all times. :lmao:

You are a daredevil!

Well clearly I had a moment of it (dementia) at least...I mean I posted the picture and didn't even notice that aspect

:rotfl2:

I have to say I have kept my packing to a minimum for the cruise, 1 suitcase is all I am taking and a carry on for everyone's meds , Of course my Disney Cruise Bag is going too!!:cool1:

I only had one bag for the cruise and it was carry on size but Jeff did bring one larger suitcase. We all each had one bag, plus a carry on. When it's just me that seems manageable but times 5 and bleh, it's a lot of bags! Add in leftover groceries and all the beverages we brought on board and we really looked like bag people. BUT all my shoes fit in the luggage.

:rotfl2:

OK, 10 pairs is a lot...not judging, I'm impressed! :) I used to take a lot more clothes and shoes before we started doing carry-ons, but then I typically ended up not wearing everything anyway...it sounds like you wear what you take. Especially for a cruise, it's hard to pack light! What carry-on do you use??

Ok I checked, I have the ebags "mother lode mini". I have the e-tech version but there are a couple, the non e-tech looks pretty cool too (there was only one option when I got it). They've updated it since mine and I actually like the changes even better. The boys have a great one that's a bit more simple but it doesn't look like they offer that size any more (carryon) the one they have now is too large for carryon. They have something super similar to the boys, the TLS mini but it doesn't look like you can buy that by itself, only as part of a value set with a larger bag.

I also have a hardsided spinner that I use for work tradeshow stuff from them and it is the bomb!

Once again, find myself digging out of a hole!

We have never seen the Flights of Wonder show. Heck, I can barely drag my tribe to see Lion King or Nemo, so I have very little hope that will be remedied soon. :sad2:

Loved your update and awesome pictures from the Maharajah trek. We missed it the first time or two we visited AK. It is such a well-themed area and the animals are supremely cool. Even the bats. :goodvibes

I can't help thinking of the Matthew Broderick/Marlon Brando movie "The Freshman" every time I see a Komodo Dragon. Wicked funny movie.

:worship: on the tiger pictures. "THEY'RE GRRRREEEATTTT!"

And, I'm caught up! (For now)

We have had our Flame Tree issues. I insisted on eating there during one of our first family trips, it was August and hot and damp and we could not find it. I swear we walked back and forth between Asia and Africa at least twice (D'OH! It's on Discovery Island)

The only other time I have been is with the class trip.

Food is ok, but my ribs were really fatty the last time I tried them. Never heard from anyone who liked the key lime stuff. But at least the portions are huge!

Really nice afternoon with the boys! I love your pictures on EE. Haven't noticed that yak head with God's Eyes before! I have a really nice zoomed picture of the EPCOT resorts and Space Ship Earth from my last ride on EE.

Good pictures of the Tree of Life, but it is disappointing that some of the close-up trail is closed (yes, I think it was the fallen tree branch incident that is keeping it roped off)

Nice necklace! Hope it is sturdy!

Once again, find myself digging out of a hole!

Story of my life!

We have never seen the Flights of Wonder show. Heck, I can barely drag my tribe to see Lion King or Nemo, so I have very little hope that will be remedied soon. :sad2:

Dee needs a girls trip..Dee needs a girls trip....

just sayin....

Loved your update and awesome pictures from the Maharajah trek. We missed it the first time or two we visited AK. It is such a well-themed area and the animals are supremely cool. Even the bats. :goodvibes

I like the bats, I might be in the minority but there is a weird cuddly aspect to them combined with the eeriness that is compelling to me. The misunderstood bad boy. :rotfl2:

I can't help thinking of the Matthew Broderick/Marlon Brando movie "The Freshman" every time I see a Komodo Dragon. Wicked funny movie.

:worship: on the tiger pictures. "THEY'RE GRRRREEEATTTT!"

:rotfl2: Tony! I should see the Freshman again, it's been forever.

And, I'm caught up! (For now)

We have had our Flame Tree issues. I insisted on eating there during one of our first family trips, it was August and hot and damp and we could not find it. I swear we walked back and forth between Asia and Africa at least twice (D'OH! It's on Discovery Island)

The only other time I have been is with the class trip.

Food is ok, but my ribs were really fatty the last time I tried them. Never heard from anyone who liked the key lime stuff. But at least the portions are huge!

Portions are huge so that's something for sure.

Really nice afternoon with the boys! I love your pictures on EE. Haven't noticed that yak head with God's Eyes before! I have a really nice zoomed picture of the EPCOT resorts and Space Ship Earth from my last ride on EE.

Good pictures of the Tree of Life, but it is disappointing that some of the close-up trail is closed (yes, I think it was the fallen tree branch incident that is keeping it roped off)

Well between you, Mary Ellen and Glenn mine are lame but...it was fun to try! As my camera is a micro 4/3, with the lenses I have...I can't zoom that far. I may look into another lens but for now it's been enough...

Nice necklace! Hope it is sturdy!

well I think you already know the answer to that one. :lmao:

We've eaten at Flame Tree a couple of times (including this last trip) and agree that it's okay, but not great.

Cool turtle! :thumbsup2

We've eaten at Flame Tree a couple of times (including this last trip) and agree that it's okay, but not great.

Cool turtle! :thumbsup2

I thought the turtle was cool too. Yeah, Flame Tree was just ok. Not horrible but not earth shattering either.

Apologies in advance. I am hideously behind everywhere! I really hope to get caught up on all my TR and PTR subscriptions this week. We've been busy moving into the end of state cup soccer for Kendall, scout stuff for Eric and an ensemble music festival for Evan where he competed as botha trio and a quartet. Fun times but busy! In other exciting news we had bark blown in (ok exciting to me!) AND I am doing a :cool1::cool1: 2 week dance for Aualni! Which has meant some shopping (like DOH I needed to stock up on sunscreen) and a rather sad exercise of weeding through my summer shoes..some of which I'm now allergic to and need to be replaced. I will say researching the components that make up the various footbeds of shoes was not my idea of fun but was necessary. With Hawaii literally around the corner I do need to get moving over here so, let's have an update!

Two rides on EE, some boy bling, some blister bling, and some big ugly fish later we were about half way into the “Mom and E’s” portion of our afternoon. We decided to do a never done…

Flights of Wonder!

Frankly I was a bit shocked the boys agreed to this but there may or may not have been bribes involved. If you've not been, it’s a neat setting.

Little guys hanging out waiting for the show too I guess

Stretching their wings

This one looked like he had something to say…or was missing the Tiki Room.

And...our host!

No, sorry, the human is the host

Bird eating, cute kid doing something part of the show

Bird on a wire?

Don't look now, there is an owl above your head.

Stand up straight!

Hmmn…not what I had in mind

Guess he’d rather eat

Or something (I really remember the story line don’t I?)

20 bribes later (or it looks that way according to my pictures

It’s…a closeup of eating! Actually I think he was breaking something open, I have a memory of some horrible whacking sound

He is kind a cute though, even if he is blurry

Host dude is pretty excited about it, whatever it is

Enough of that. Birds in the back, birds in the back!

Continued in next post

continued from previous

Guess he didn't like it there...Birds in the front!

It's bird ping pong! Hes back!

And over my head! (really I swear its the same bird, trust me)

New host, and a new bird! Hey...that looks like my neighbor back at the villa!

Or her sister

Look up!

Polly want a cracker?

Oh look, it's the pretend I'm scared of birds dude from the audience who really isn't...scared...or from the audience.

Bird in the wild! The wild grasses so nicely planted by the stage that is

Poser!

Ah, the king

Who had NO interest in looking my way

Side shot

Fake fraidy cat is back

Love the color of this one (though he really doesn't look real&I think he escaped the Tiki Room as well)

Look ma, no hands!

Continued in next post

Continued from previous
Why do I imagine them all singing at this point?

Nice glare huh, it was STEAMY!

Cue the doves! Or whatever cool white bird...

Say buh bye now...

Buh bye now!

Now, as any good parent will do, I rewarded my children for putting up with the Flights of Wonder. Which actually, despite my horrendous story telling and commentary, we really really enjoyed. I just couldn't capture it on film to save my soul.

Reward #1?

Yep, a third trip to the mountain. I didn't say we didn't GET fast passes, just said we weren't going to wait that long to ride it. Then. Now they were due!

This time...no camera...and it would appear...no glasses. Eric looks less terrified but…the hand grip may indicate otherwise. Evan’s face cracks me up!

As we came out…the skies opened up. Still it was that time of the day
SNACK credit time that is! Reward #2

I guess it’s hard to make an attractive face while sucking on a frozen banana. May be the reason you don’t a picture of me eating mine. That was a new snack for Evan and I and I have to say, we both loved it. The mickey bar still has my heart but it was darn tasty!

Up next, backstage with Jeff and Kendall!

All caught up!

What a great afternoon at AK!

I love the photopass picture of you and the boys, such a nice shot.

Your pictures of EE are great too. I am always holding on for dear life trying not to cry so I have no pictures of the ride :rotfl2:

AND I am doing a :cool1::cool1: 2 week dance for Aualni!
I am officially jealous.

Flights of Wonder!

Frankly I was a bit shocked the boys agreed to this but there may or may not have been bribes involved. If you've not been, it’s a neat setting.
I've never been, but I actually really want to see it sometime.

This one looked like he had something to say…or was missing the Tiki Room.
:lmao::rotfl2:

No, sorry, the human is the host
That's what he wants you to think.

Love the color of this one (though he really doesn't look real&I think he escaped the Tiki Room as well)
I think the biggest tell tale sign that they escaped from the Tiki Room would be if you heard a South American bird speaking in a French or German accent. :rotfl2:

Nice glare huh, it was STEAMY!
What else would you expect at AK?

Yep, a third trip to the mountain. I didn't say we didn't GET fast passes, just said we weren't going to wait that long to ride it. Then. Now they were due!
Nice!!! :thumbsup2

I'm excited for your Aulani visit....are you going to visit any other islands while you're in the neighborhood?

Flights of Wonder is a good show. You don't need to see it every visit, but every so often it's good to catch.

Another ride on EE; sounds good! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter