Coffee? No, really...

The best coffee you will get at WDW is at many of the signatures after a meal, which is no help for the AM fix. Kona has been mentioned, Akershus serves a great cup with breakfast, great if you are eating there, yet unhelpful most of the time.

The best option is to bring something to deal with it on your own.

I go with something that travels better than a Keurig...

http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-640007-Perfect-Brew-Filter/dp/B0014CVEH6

The signature restuarants all have good press pots...Jiko, Callifornia Grill, Narcooses, etc. Like some others, we have a mini Keurig in our Owners Locker and bring our on coffee for mornings.

You are correct about the Kona in the morning at the Poly. My DBF goes every morning and gets me a large Kona coffee, brings it back so I can sit on my balcony at the Poly and enjoy!

Sounds yummy! Can you get it room service at Poly, or do they serve it in the club lounge?

I bring a Bodum travel french press. The stuff they sell at WDW and call "coffee" is blasphemy. I honestly cannot believe the lack of quality java at the World...you'd think that with the amount of $$ we plunk down (happily:goodvibes:goodvibes) we would be able to get something even close to drinkable. Oh, well...I like making my own anyways. The whole process of a french press is almost as satisfying to me as that very first sip of delectable, decadent liquid gold.

the outdoor cart in italy has good capuccino - they serve lavazza brand....one of my favorites...

it's not on the snack plan...they have one coffee that is on the snack plan called cafe americano...but american coffee is terrible...so forget the snack and spring for some good coffee....

Thank you all for the great suggestions. We've had some passable-to-decent coffee after some TS meals over the years, so we knew the concept itself isn't entirely unknown in the world...but we've we've struck out finding decent coffee on its own so far, and that always surprised me.

You'd think Disney would realize the revenue potential here...but I'm not in favor of Starbuck's everywhere, either. Still, if you're going to have "sponsors"...that Nescafe stuff is downright criminal, even though choking down a few sips every morning has become a WDW tradition.

We are starting our trip on Oct. 2 with breakfast at Akershus, so at least we can count on something there. And I think we'll take our own coffee for the room this time...although we've learned that we are hardly ever in our room except to sleep, and barely even spend time at the resort. This in itself is why we've stopped staying at deluxe resorts (at least until our kids are older)...where there's better coffee. Self fulfilling prophecy, it seems!:upsidedow

I brew mine the same way. I have a cone filter holder slightly larger than the one you pictured that accepts #4 filters. LOVE IT. I make m morning coffee this way even when I am not traveling. I love being able to adjust the amount of coffee/water to suit my tastes AND use water that has been heated to the right temperature for brewing coffee.

Have you seen the collapsible variety at REI?

The best coffee you will get at WDW is at many of the signatures after a meal, which is no help for the AM fix. Kona has been mentioned, Akershus serves a great cup with breakfast, great if you are eating there, yet unhelpful most of the time.

The best option is to bring something to deal with it on your own.

I go with something that travels better than a Keurig...

http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-640007-Perfect-Brew-Filter/dp/B0014CVEH6

http://allears.net/din/coffee.htm

This is a great page with all the 'real' coffee locations. I always have a hard time when traveling because I roast my own beans = real good coffee. I find that I have turned myself into a bit of a coffee snob. Oh well, life is short, so I drink darn good coffee.

Thanks so much for the link!! I was having withdrawls last October, but now I won't have that problem ever again!!!

~Janna

My hubby loves to stay at Coronado Springs because they serve real Illy coffee not the nescafe that is served elsewhere. Also the french pressed coffee at Boma is good (Kenyan AA) and at Kona you can get Kona coffee also pressed if you want.

Yes! A Coffee and Chocolate Festival!!
Maybe in February. Little booths around Epcot selling coffee and chocolate samples from around the world. Ooooh. I would be there :0)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter