C'mon Disney

I absolutely LOVE Captain EO, as do both my DS11, and DD20 . . . . however, it is 80's technology, it is awful in comparison to today's digital 3D projections, and well past time that Disney should do something MUCH better in that theater, in conjunction with a re-imagining of Journey, and a reopening of the upstairs area. Come on Disney, you call them imagineers, it is an embarrassment to have the Imagination pavilion be such a total mess!

That is a good point. The imagination pavilion could be a showcase for the imagineers. I would love to see plans and teasers for pandora, stories from imagineers, blue sky stuff.

LOL! I was replying to the majority of the hate towards EO in the thread. I found the email 100% hilarious & ridiculous as well. ;)

This topic has unified the DISboards. Nearly everyone has agreed that this announcement is ridiculous.

It doesn't reflect well on the future of Future World at all. Really all we're asking for is the hope of something new and innovative. People have been clinging to some obscure notion that DHS will be getting some cool Star Wars stuff for a few years now, and still nothing concrete has been announced. It provides hope though. Epcot right now is Hope-"less".

Well I think maybe they will come up with another Festival for the Summer maybe.

The Food & Wine Festival is pretty popular. They could shut down the Imagination pavilion year round so that they have a second F&W Center in the Fall.

Along with one of the Innovation plazas.
But one will still be left open for terrible video games, right?
saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon.gif

I saw Captain EO back in 2013 with DH and we enjoyed it! Probably because 1) we like MJ... 2) We had never seen it before. However, I probably will not waste my precious Epcot time to see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter