C'mon Disney

But they did just release a ton of extra charge activities for Food and Wine.......

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/inte...pcot-international-food-and-wine-festival.htm

I can't believe those prices! The least expensive event is a mixology seminar for $15/pp and the most expensive is an exclusive Party for the Senses package for $319 /pp! I think for $319 people actually get to sit down, as opposed to other party goers! Most of the offerings are in the $150 range.
Of course, you also have to have theme park admission to attend any of these fab events! I know annual pass holders are now receiving surveys askng if Disney is becoming too greedy..... Ya think???:sad2:

ok, got it.....yeah, a cool trailer would be better....
A bad trailer would be better.

As I have stated in other threads, the best way to watch this film is with your back to the movie, looking at the faces of the people in the theater as they realize just how bad this is. Then look at the faces of the few people who love it (if there are any in the crowd - there rarely are). This has the potential to be the funniest attraction in WDW if you do it right. Heck, we laugh at the memories of the faces that we have seen when we talk about Captain EO.

I have to disagree with all of you... Good movie or not, Michael Jackson's in it! I loved every second of it! It was the highlight of my trip... did I mention that was 1987? :scared:

That giant sucking sound coming from EPCOT is Disney getting every last nickel from its dated attractions. Don't worry I heard the imagineers are working on a "NEW" 3D movie project, something about shrinking the audience.

You know as much as I hated parts of Honey I shrunk the audience (mice--shudder), I would rather sit through that than EO.

Seriously, why would they announce this? It's run it's course, had it's time, put it in a time capsule for 50 years from now and then maybe we can be excited about it's return...or not.

Really like the idea a PP had about using the Inside Out character--at least it fits.

I'm going to have to keep this news from my husband. He hasn't seen this since he was a kid, and wanted to go on our upcoming trip in November. :crazy2: I was thrilled to tell him it was removed.

I'm going to have to keep this news from my husband. He hasn't seen this since he was a kid, and wanted to go on our upcoming trip in November. :crazy2: I was thrilled to tell him it was removed.

Aw... it's not like you have to go see Captain EO with him. Let him have his few minutes of nostalgia and go get yourself a snack in the Land Pavilion.

hee. yeah, i would actually prefer to see the tomorrowland trailer again instead of captain eo. (and i was pretty disappointed by the tomorrowland movie.)

I loved Tomorrowland - been pitching it to all the parents of my students as an 80s era Saturday Afternoon Special crossed with a Coca Cola commercial. Incredibly wholesome, hopeful message, perfect for the 8 to 12 crowd. (Think, Escape to Witch Mountain.)

I did feel the ads were misleading, as they made it look like much more of a teen movie than it is. If you're expecting Divergent or the Hunger Games, you'll be sadly disappointed.

Aw... it's not like you have to go see Captain EO with him. Let him have his few minutes of nostalgia and go get yourself a snack in the Land Pavilion.

He will drag me in there with him. You're right, though...I should let him know about it. Lol.

I guess you don't understand why I am annoyed. I don't care if EO remains in the park from now until doomsday. Really, I don't care.

I do care that Disney insults my intelligence by sending an email touting the return of EO as a great event. Can you honestly say that Captain EO is "too good to be true?" Sorry, but I can't.

LOL! I was replying to the majority of the hate towards EO in the thread. I found the email 100% hilarious & ridiculous as well. ;)

A bad trailer would be better.

As I have stated in other threads, the best way to watch this film is with your back to the movie, looking at the faces of the people in the theater as they realize just how bad this is. Then look at the faces of the few people who love it (if there are any in the crowd - there rarely are). This has the potential to be the funniest attraction in WDW if you do it right. Heck, we laugh at the memories of the faces that we have seen when we talk about Captain EO.
Agreed. My kids (12, 10 and 10) thought it was really bad without any commentary from me or my wife.

I absolutely LOVE Captain EO, as do both my DS11, and DD20 . . . . however, it is 80's technology, it is awful in comparison to today's digital 3D projections, and well past time that Disney should do something MUCH better in that theater, in conjunction with a re-imagining of Journey, and a reopening of the upstairs area. Come on Disney, you call them imagineers, it is an embarrassment to have the Imagination pavilion be such a total mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter