• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CMO TOP 10 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to have made a cameo appearance then seemed to run off. We had a 4-day visit from our 6 month old granddaughter which required LOTS of our attention.

What an amazing community this is. David's been on MousePlanet for years but it wasn't until we saw Brady's column that we learned of DISboards. I've tried to follow the awards - what fun!!

We know how it feels not to make the cut. Both of us tried out for last year's contest. We didn't make it very far at all, had put a lot of time and energy into it, so pretty disappointed.

In answer to how did David respond when he received the call. He was actually more surprised and excited when he got the call that he was in the top 20. I was outside when he got that one. He came out to tell me with a grin that almost cut his face in half. The top 10 call came to him at work. He's a pharmacist (and family therapist) so his patients probably thought he was taking some of those "happy" pills himself. Ironically, his interview coincided with a trip to DL - that was fun.

Keep the smiles and the silliness. And vote.

Vickie
Campaign Manager
DavidW for CMO

Welcome back Mrs. Autopia! Please feel free to fill us in on any details! We love details--especially the exciting kind! :goodvibes

Tripp, what was the "waking up tinkerbell" thing that you talked about on the podcast, I have never heard of it?

At MK, if you are the first person to get to Tinkerbell's Treasures, you can ask the CM if you can "wake up Tink." It's located on your left as you walk through the castle into Fantasy land. It's usually a foot race at rope drop. I have never been able to do it with my daughters, but a friend of mine got a chance with his family. He had an early morning ADR at CRT and finished up as the park was opening. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He said there was a disappointed family who came running up out of breath and realized as they arrived that it was too late.

At MK, if you are the first person to get to Tinkerbell's Treasures, you can ask the CM if you can "wake up Tink." It's located on your left as you walk through the castle into Fantasy land. It's usually a foot race at rope drop. I have never been able to do it with my daughters, but a friend of mine got a chance with his family. He had an early morning ADR at CRT and finished up as the park was opening. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He said there was a disappointed family who came running up out of breath and realized as they arrived that it was too late.

Thanks for passing along the tink tip. I'm not sure we knew about that one! We'll have to remember it for next time. Sounds like a wonderful experience...especially if you have little ones!

I just saw that they locked the other thread . . . admittedly I'm a little misty-eyed right now. . . .

Okay, I'm over it. Keep Moving Forward!

http://www.dreamcmo.com/justin

I'm all about "Moving Forward," but I'm still 'gonna post a link to our beloved former thread -- for the sake of any newcomers (or sentimental types ;) ) who might like a loooong history lesson or a really good laugh! :goodvibes

[*DISgeeks wipes a tear from her eye...*]

:wizard: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1697374

Thanks for passing along the tink tip. I'm not sure we knew about that one! We'll have to remember it for next time. Sounds like a wonderful experience...especially if you have little ones!

No problem. If you explore the DIS, you will find several threads with Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Touches... er...I mean, Hidden Mickey's. The small and often overlooked magical touches of Disney is a topic that I love to research, and check out while I'm at the parks. There is so much there that is so easily missed. Another way to find out some cool info is to strike up a conversation with a CM, especially if that CM has worked for Disney for a while. CM's love to talk to guests. They love to share their own stories but often don't get a chance because us guests are often in such a rush to get from here to there. I had a great conversation with a bus driver one day. I know it doesn't sound safe that I may have been distracting him, but I was the only one on the bus going to Old Key West that afternoon.

I won't be around much tonight. I have to work on our weekend dance mix. I have to get two weekend shows done this week because I am out this weekend and next weekend on vacation. I have a full plate this week with voting and all of my other duties. Why is it always like that? So hectic the week you leave for vacation? Have a great night and keep voting!!!

Trip,

Did you pm Eric with an address? Just checking...some have sent it to me and others to him. Just don't want to leave you out. I'm sure they'll be quite the collectors item. ;)

Mrs. Fleagle

I e-mailed him from my work address. He e-mailed me back. Let me know if I owe you anything? Shipping and handling, etc.

I like to find Tom and Huck's paintbrushes, lots of fun and you get free fastpasses.

No problem. If you explore the DIS, you will find several threads with Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Touches... er...I mean, Hidden Mickey's. The small and often overlooked magical touches of Disney is a topic that I love to research, and check out while I'm at the parks. There is so much there that is so easily missed. Another way to find out some cool info is to strike up a conversation with a CM, especially if that CM has worked for Disney for a while. CM's love to talk to guests. They love to share their own stories but often don't get a chance because us guests are often in such a rush to get from here to there. I had a great conversation with a bus driver one day. I know it doesn't sound safe that I may have been distracting him, but I was the only one on the bus going to Old Key West that afternoon.

I won't be around much tonight. I have to work on our weekend dance mix. I have to get two weekend shows done this week because I am out this weekend and next weekend on vacation. I have a full plate this week with voting and all of my other duties. Why is it always like that? So hectic the week you leave for vacation? Have a great night and keep voting!!!

I've got tons of Magic Moments at WDW that I've compiled in a Word doc. Drop me an email and I'll send it to anyone that wants it. Yes it's free.

I also have several Fastpass tips that save a bunch of time if you want those too.

Congratulations to those of you that made the top 10. :banana:

Now the only problem....

Who am I going to vote for??? :confused:

Sorry to have made a cameo appearance then seemed to run off. We had a 4-day visit from our 6 month old granddaughter which required LOTS of our attention.

What an amazing community this is. David's been on MousePlanet for years but it wasn't until we saw Brady's column that we learned of DISboards. I've tried to follow the awards - what fun!!

Welcome back! ('Glad to see you managed to find our new thread -- ACT II.)

The top 10 call came to him at work. He's a pharmacist (and family therapist) so his patients probably thought he was taking some of those "happy" pills himself.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've got tons of Magic Moments at WDW that I've compiled in a Word doc. Drop me an email and I'll send it to anyone that wants it. Yes it's free.

I also have several Fastpass tips that save a bunch of time if you want those too.
Done!!! I always like getting extra tips and tricks.....

It's snowing here. There may be a message from THE DONALD tomorrow.
100_8575.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter