CM on tram arguing with lady best excitement of the day...

Supposing there had actually been a line cutter, this is precisely the reason that Disney doesn't really confront them often. It'll just cause a scene and put a damper on nearby guest's magical time. It is easier to discretely apologize to others for the mild inconvenience than to yell at the person making an infraction. They have always been discrete with this kind of stuff, as well they should. The problem isn't rampant enough to rise to the point of being a huge problem. Sure, it's annoying when someone cuts the line, but it's less annoying than a screaming & cursing match at Disney World.

I'm thinking the guest response would have been much different if they had actually cut the line.

Sounds like a couple CMs will not be "making magic" much longer. I'm sorry that happened and I am not certain that I would have been as polite.

As far as the yellow line comment goes, I've been at a show where the parent ignored repeated attempts by the CM to get them to move their child behind the yellow line. Short of physically moving a child, if the parent won't cooperate I guess snark is a last resort. That, or let the door pancake the kid.

After 25 or so trips to WDW I've never encountered (or noticed) a rude CM. Apparently it took us flying to the West coast to find one ;) Our first morning checking into DLH. Couldn't be more excited. Drove early from the 1st part of our vacation (San Diego), got to Anaheim at 6am, wanted to be early for our 1st day in park (and to Carsland!). Apparently the check in CM rolled her eyes at my husband, at our early hour readiness and said "I don't see why you're trying to get there so early; it's not like they're going to open the parks earlier for you." He was just so shocked that he could barely respond but he was pretty floored. And he's the easy going one whereas I'm people-intolerant. It's SUCH a good thing he was the recipient of this, as opposed to, oh, -me.

That all said, we absolutely loved DL and look forward to another west coast trip next summer :)

Last edited:

Meh. Honestly with the amount of people that flow through that place on a daily basis I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often.

As far as the yellow line comment goes, I've been at a show where the parent ignored repeated attempts by the CM to get them to move their child behind the yellow line. Short of physically moving a child, if the parent won't cooperate I guess snark is a last resort. That, or let the door pancake the kid.

Yup. People just don't listen.

Supposing there had actually been a line cutter, this is precisely the reason that Disney doesn't really confront them often. It'll just cause a scene and put a damper on nearby guest's magical time. It is easier to discretely apologize to others for the mild inconvenience than to yell at the person making an infraction. They have always been discrete with this kind of stuff, as well they should. The problem isn't rampant enough to rise to the point of being a huge problem. Sure, it's annoying when someone cuts the line, but it's less annoying than a screaming & cursing match at Disney World.

Are those the ONLy options? Yell/scream at line cutters or ignore them? Surely their must be something in the middle.

Just Back threads are not allowed on TP&S Board. We have sticky at top of page as to why not. So unfortunately I need to move to Trip Reports Board.

Last edited:
It's not the CM's I'm worried about yelling and screaming, but rather the guests after being confronted. It's still going to hold everyone else up just by starting the confrontation. If CM's could do it discretely then they probably would (and should), but the potential for an ugly scene outweighs any benefit.

I agree with that. And we, from our limited point of view, don't have any idea what is happening in front of us and over to a side of us. The CMs have a broader view.

Apparently the check in CM rolled her eyes at my husband, at our early hour readiness and said "I don't see why you're trying to get there so early; it's not like they're going to open the parks earlier for you."

Eek. Especially since you're from the east coast and have a time difference going on, it's reasonable that you're going to get up early. We haven't gotten that response; they understood that we just wanted to get our stuff to the "next" hotel and get that early entrance settled!

If a person can't keep their temper in strenuous heat while confronting obnoxious guests, perhaps a job at a Disney theme park isn't for them.

ITA! I think perhaps one problem is this.. people used to dream of working at disney. retirees, c ollege kids, people who relocated just to work there. now the unemployment rate in florida is high, and I think a lot of the employees really don't want to work there, they just can't get a job elsewhere. and it is minimum wage. so they aren't happy to be there in the first place.

Both instances are really bad, sorry that happened.

2 years ago we were waiting for the tram to come to our heroes section for a really long time while "villains" seemed to get 2 or 3. One guest expressed she wanted to complain directly; we all were tired of waiting when the tram came.

Another time one tram operator seemed mad when he was explaining which characters and pronounced Aladdin as "All-adin"

One funny time was when a tram CM said nicely "Did you have fun today? I know I had lots of fun driving this tram all day"

Last edited:

Some good old fashioned humiliation might work. "Ladies and gentlemen, I know you are all here to have a great vacation, but the guest at (insert location) is clearly more important than everyone else in this room, so I'm going to put all of your vacations on hold for our VIP guest that doesn't have to follow the rules like everyone else here. May they have a magical day while no one else does"

I would applaud a CM taking this approach.

I've experience a few rotten CMs and when I was a CM had to step in and take over the situation for a coworker who wasn't being very magical. There honestly is no excuse for it. Even on the days where I was close to heat exhaustion I put a smile on but in private begged for a Early release.

Sorry you experience this. I hope guest relations responses and please know they do keep a file of these complaints. I find it best to do it at the parks themselves but anything is better than nothing.

I try to focus on the best and also try not to blame the college kids because most are also there because they really really love Disney but a few bad apples have ruined them for everyone.

OP, if this went on for a while, did anyone speak up for the lady and baby? Did anyone say, "she didn't cut the line"? Just curious.

OP, if this went on for a while, did anyone speak up for the lady and baby? Did anyone say, "she didn't cut the line"? Just curious.
yes just about half the tram within earshot, lots of people were shouting back at her to leave the lady alone and she didnt cut line (including me) many offered to get off in her place...one lady confronted the CM and said "oh for goodness sake who are you going to call the Storm troopers? The CM just wasnt interested..it was like she had it in for this lady...I truly hope the lady herself complains.

That is weird that the CM kept going even after others spoke up on the lady's behalf. Thanks for answering that question.

It's not the CM's I'm worried about yelling and screaming, but rather the guests after being confronted. It's still going to hold everyone else up just by starting the confrontation. If CM's could do it discretely then they probably would (and should), but the potential for an ugly scene outweighs any benefit.
This exactly. During my CP, I made exactly two attempts to enforce rules (line cutting and no smoking in dining area). Both times, I don't think I was rude, but the guest ended up screaming at me. Disney was excellent training for just letting people scream in my face without reacting, but I still did not enjoy the experience or feel good about other guests having to listen to the scream-fest.

I commend the OP for remaining calm when dealing with the two horribly rude cast members she encountered. My guess is that the tram driver is probably on her way out given that security can corroborate what happened.

For the posters who attributed bad service to the fact that there are lots of CPs present, I will give you another perspective. During my CP, I had several fellow cast members who would literally hide somewhere and take a nap during their shift while messes piled up. They were full-time employees. Guess who had to bust their butts to make up for the MIA CMs -- the CPs. I don't think you can really generalize about CMs based upon which group they belong to. Some people are going to care and want to do the best they can and some people are going to do the least they can get away with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter