CM on tram arguing with lady best excitement of the day...

I don't know if this is good or bad, but just got back from an 8 day trip to WDW and didn't notice the CM's at all. I did notice that almost every CM is now a college student who will be out of there in a short time. Also, I did slip and fall at Kidani because the carpet was wet (due to leaky windows) and as soon as I stepped on the smooth carpetless floor I went down fast and partially ripped a toenail off. Told a couple of uninterested CMs at the non-busy front desk and one of them gave me a bandaid to stop me from bleeding all over.
DS similarly slipped & scraped up his knee in AK last year after a quick downpour. CMs were totally ambivalent / disinterested. Had to send DH to get TP from nearest bathroom to clean him up. No one offered to help & even when I asked one nearby she flatly refused saying they didn't have any bandaids or anything... I was quite put off by it.

DS similarly slipped & scraped up his knee in AK last year after a quick downpour. CMs were totally ambivalent / disinterested. Had to send DH to get TP from nearest bathroom to clean him up. No one offered to help & even when I asked one nearby she flatly refused saying they didn't have any bandaids or anything... I was quite put off by it.

Did they direct you to first aid? Unfortunately CMs aren't allowed to offer medical assistance unless it is an extreme emergency. They should have at least directed you to the nearest bathroom if you just said he needed to be cleaned up or let you know where first aid was. We had a first aid kit but it had a note clearly stating it was for CM use only and that we could not give any of the contents to guests including bandaids.

If someone actually does break line, the other guests can put pressure on them to get off by voicing their dislike of waiting to the person if they refuse to get off the tram. People pressure works.
After the TT debacle I would take a cue from Elsa & Let it Go! I hate that people's entitlement mentality leads to such bad behavior but I'm not risking my family's fun in order to call out another guest & save 2, 5 or even 10 minutes.

Did they direct you to first aid? Unfortunately CMs aren't allowed to offer medical assistance unless it is an extreme emergency. They should have at least directed you to the nearest bathroom if you just said he needed to be cleaned up or let you know where first aid was. We had a first aid kit but it had a note clearly stating it was for CM use only and that we could not give any of the contents to guests including bandaids.
no she just shrugged & said she didn't have any bandaids or anything. I told her it was absurd no one had any supplies to help us as I tried to help DS calm down - he was quite the panic-probe child especially when there was blood back then...

I am definitely interested to find out what the response is.

Back in April I had a Disney bus driver stop for 2 seconds at DTD, and before anyone could board, he closed the door and drove off. The people in front of me complained to the CM's working the bus depot, but they all just shrugged their shoulders and said there was nothing they could do.

Our only annoying CM experience this trip was on the boat from MK to WL. He was cool at first, and had us sit up in the bow outside where we could get a breeze. He was a college jock with an enhanced sense of self, and he familiarized us with his entire athletic resume on the ride over, in between telling us that the weather sucks and that he only knew about the CP because he googled "cool internships."

OP I believe you.. so,, we have gotten to the point with the ubiquitous cell phone videos that if something is NOT taped and then NOt put n "you tube" it didnt' happen? I for one am happy that not EVRY occurence in life is taped and put on you tube!

and the OP mentioned this instance in a different thread. I didn't see it on You tube.. must not have happened... oh my.. we have come to that.

Last edited:

After the TT debacle I would take a cue from Elsa & Let it Go! I hate that people's entitlement mentality leads to such bad behavior but I'm not risking my family's fun in order to call out another guest & save 2, 5 or even 10 minutes.

no she just shrugged & said she didn't have any bandaids or anything. I told her it was absurd no one had any supplies to help us as I tried to help DS calm down - he was quite the panic-probe child especially when there was blood back then...

Not all CMs are allowed to provide first aid. But it is ridiculous they didn't direct you to first aid.

When we encounter a bad CM it sticks out so clearly since it is so unusual! We had a nasty on eat Animal Kingdom a few years back. Still remember her to this day, clearly!

I think the best thing to do is to embarrass them, and then if that doesn't work move on. It's not worth a scene. However in the case of keeping people behind the yellow lines at tram stops and attraction doors, that's a requirement for safety reasons. They cannot start the tram or open the attraction doors until everyone is in a safe position, even if it means standing there all day. This is for your own safety people!

Did better than that..I took the little snits picture...emailed it to guest services today along with our little tram ladys too!

That's great! Too bad you didn't get them being rude on GoPro. That would be great to show Disney how awful their CMs were to the guests.

Last edited:
You made me remember an incident at Haunted Mansion from June this year. We were walking up to the entrance and heard one of the cast members snark something about "the doors will be closing, waddle on this way". She wasn't talking to us and there wasn't anyone within some distance of her but it was very rude, her voice was so snotty. I was pretty shocked and would have said something but my dd gets embarrassed easily so I just ignored her. I'm sorry to hear that a CM was so rude directly to you OP.

You made me remember an incident at Haunted Mansion from June this year. We were walking up to the entrance and heard one of the cast members snark something about "the doors will be closing, waddle on this way". She wasn't talking to us and there wasn't anyone within some distance of her but it was very rude, her voice was so snotty. I was pretty shocked and would have said something but my dd gets embarrassed easily so I just ignored her. I'm sorry to hear that a CM was so rude directly to you OP.

They are supposed to be a bit snarky at the Haunted Mansion.

I really admire people who can deal with the public in a warm and caring manner. When I'm at WDW, I frequently picture the Disney experience from the CMs' side and wonder how they do it. Answer the same questions not just all day long, but every day all year long. Deal with the same rude behaviors that I see once or twice per ride/experience, hundreds of times a week. But at Disney, the overwhelming majority of CMs do it so very, very well that I personally have never seen their struggle to maintain.

That said, I definitely expect the warm and caring attitude when I'm there. The only snarkiness I've experienced was at Universal, and that will forever remain a part of how I look at those parks. It put them down at the level of what I experience in the real world, and I'm sorry but I am ignored as a faceless consumer and treated rudely enough in my everyday life (in NYC). I love Disney in part because its CMs treat me as if I am special, or at least not the nitwit I can be sometimes when I don't know--or have a brain, um, disruption--about the lay of the (adventure/fantasy/tomorrow/pavilion)land.

If these experiences noted here go unchecked or become a trend, that will make me sadder than rising prices, closed or misplaced rides (I'm looking at you, Norway), delayed openings, and many of the things discussed in these forums. It's not just what I can do or buy at Disney, but how I am treated when I'm there.

Somehow I'm feeling like the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, so maybe I've had enough coffee for one morning and had better go read the paper.

Having worked as a CM for many years, I have heard and seen many guests exaggerate or change their stories/complaints to get more sympathy, or make their plight seem worse. Not saying that is what OP is doing here, but it happened a LOT. CMS are also to blame sometimes, as well. I had one gentleman become upset when we asked him to fold his stroller before getting on the monorail. Three days later, the supervisor reported the guest's story now claimed 2 CMs shoved his pregnant wife onto the monorail, and we snatched his stroller from him. Once the monorail was departing, we supposedly flipped them off. So I'm always a little skeptical the more dramatic the stories become.

I heard it more as a fat tourist slam. She wasn't being funny. But your take does illustrate how people hear things differently.

That's what I heard, too. Now, if "...like ducks" were added then that takes on a different connotation all together. Otherwise, I took it as a snide remark against the weight of the visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter