• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club Villain canceled for March... NOPE!!!

I just got the same call. "Entertainment changes" that made them decide to cancel for all of March. Apparently, January and February are still going on as planned.

This was a birthday present for my villain-loving daughter, who is beyond disappointed now that it's been canceled. Why would they be canceling it less than a month after it was announced? They really need to get their act together. I'm really angry about this one....

It was my 45th Birthday celebration for myself and my DD14 was tagging along. I was beyond disappointed, almost teary, I was so excited for this...
I will say, the CM tried and tried to find a compromise for us, was going to send all 5 of us on the Fireworks Ferry Cruise, taking care of the difference, but it didn't work out. :(
Instead I got 2 anytime any ride FPs for DHS...
Looks like I'll be watching for the Star Wars dessert party to replace it...Disappointing...

It was my 45th Birthday celebration for myself and my DD14 was tagging along. I was beyond disappointed, almost teary, I was so excited for this...
I will say, the CM tried and tried to find a compromise for us, was going to send all 5 of us on the Fireworks Ferry Cruise, taking care of the difference, but it didn't work out. :(
Instead I got 2 anytime any ride FPs for DHS...
Looks like I'll be watching for the Star Wars dessert party to replace it...Disappointing...
My daughter got teary when I told her it was canceled, too. I couldn't talk to the CM long when she called, so I'm supposed to call them back. Unfortunately, there's nothing that's equivalent that Disney can offer to make up for it.

Oh no....wanted to go March 5.....I do have a ressie for Jan. but still......I wonder why

Was this scheduled for just January through March? How odd that they would cancel just one month.

Maybe not enough interest...or they're going to convert it to another SW experience?

The CM said a couple of times "Limited run event", and "Unfortunately things change".
I am guessing Star Wars is going to take over somehow. I know there is suppose to be a dessert party, but surely they had all this planned longer than just recently? Who knows,,,
I keep telling myself I saved 200 bucks, but you only turn 45 at Disney once, this was suppose to make it special... :( Now I am just going to be old... ;)

That is a bummer. I was hoping it would continue past the "limited" first months.

As far as I was aware this was a trial basis but I was really hoping this will be popular enough that it would become a permanent event or at least would be extended until our May trip. IMOP DHS really needed something like this since they have closed so much of the park and may be closing more. I am very close to just not going to that park at all during our stay and either going to another park twice or hanging out at the resort that day.

Glad I booked January.

Totally rambling here but when they began advertising for the performers I heard rumors this would be a regular attraction show not special event. Some even suggested a replacement for Beauty & Beast which I'd be okay with but many won't.

Many have said they will wait for reviews before booking later dates....so if bookings aren't happening? Could be the pricing was not able to fill the venue particularly since many were upset that it was a pay event rather than a park attraction to help fill gaps.

Another thought is the huge uproar over the cancelling of Star Wars Weekends. It seems the outcry has changed how Season of the Force is going to play out for WDW ... so maybe a lack of bookings has them shifting gears to pull off a SW event in there.

Never seen Disney so uncommitted and changing things, seemingly on the fly, as they have with DHS for the last year plus. I'm at point that planning for that park is almost pointless until couple weeks before.

They've also been holding auditions for this up until very recently. I'm wondering if they haven't been happy with talent?

Grrr. I have been trying daily to book the last March date. So disappointed. Love the villains so much we were willing to fork over the cash. Guess I will wait and see what happens and keep a tiny bit of hope

Grrr. I have been trying daily to book the last March date. So disappointed. Love the villains so much we were willing to fork over the cash. Guess I will wait and see what happens and keep a tiny bit of hope

That is what makes this strange. Villains are one of the biggest fan bases so hard for me to believe this isn't selling well. Even if I weren't sure I would book and hold until reviews. I think it's a back up and punt for DHS. This park is for sure the definition of the fine print, "subject to change."

That is what makes this strange. Villains are one of the biggest fan bases so hard for me to believe this isn't selling well. Even if I weren't sure I would book and hold until reviews. I think it's a back up and punt for DHS. This park is for sure the definition of the fine print, "subject to change."
I'm not sure if ticket sales is the problem. I went to the website to check, and Feb 27 is the only date with availability for a table of two. All other dates appear to be sold out.

I agree with Mermaidmommy. Selling tickets for this should be easy for Disney. It is not out of line when compared to other things and villains are always a hit. I am still going to keep my fingers crossed. As of this morning they still had March dates that could be booked (just not open to booking or sold out - not sure which). Going to keep the tiny shred of hope until closer to date. Don't want to disappoint the kid yet.

I'm not sure if ticket sales is the problem. I went to the website to check, and Feb 27 is the only date with availability for a table of two. All other dates appear to be sold out.

I agree with Mermaidmommy. Selling tickets for this should be easy for Disney. It is not out of line when compared to other things and villains are always a hit. I am still going to keep my fingers crossed. As of this morning they still had March dates that could be booked (just not open to booking or sold out - not sure which). Going to keep the tiny shred of hope until closer to date. Don't want to disappoint the kid yet.

Completely agree that selling tickets for anything Villains is not a problem.

I think the issue here is the reports above that they were told March shows have been cancelled.

We were just looking at reasons for why they would cancel the "last month" of the event, low sales could be one reason. I doubt it but it's possible. Lots on here were excited until they saw the price. And it probably won't be a choice of the many with young children who gladly spend the money on these events.

I think if it is indeed cancelled, it is for something more related to a change in the "masterplan"........ whatever that is.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter