• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club Villain canceled for March... NOPE!!!

I don't think when they cancelled SWW they expected such a backlash, cancellations of trips and some even going to the dark side.
Yep. And a CM told someone over on the SW thread that "they are working on a SW meal"..hmmmm, coincidence?

Or, we could grasp, and maybe, just maybe they realized the price was steep so they are making changes, no dinner, just a show, and add a FP....
:rolleyes1 Yeah, I think SW dinner $$$$ is the future...

So it seems they went through all those auditions, etc., for only 6-7 evenings? Any other rumors about Villain events?

March dates for Club Villain are now showing up on Disney's website. You can't book them yet, but they're now showing available dates on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and some dates have both a 4:15 and a 7:45 showing.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's not a fluke and we'll be able to make reservations soon!

March dates for Club Villain are now showing up on Disney's website. You can't book them yet, but they're now showing available dates on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and some dates have both a 4:15 and a 7:45 showing.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's not a fluke and we'll be able to make reservations soon!
I'm so hoping this happens for us since we both had our original reservations canceled!

Wow this is great news!!! Hoping that they extended it through our trip in May!!! That would be bitter sweet though. Means I would have to come up with more money lol!!!

OMG I had completely given up hope and was not reading the thread about it because I was so upset it was cancelled for March! Thanks for posting this - you made my daughter's and my day!

Events have been cancelled before when they weren't selling sufficiently. Late Nite Live anyone?

Ok, I just called, but no luck. The CM said that Club Villain isn't showing up on their calendar, and they haven't received any word about it. She did try to book a few dates in March, but she was unable to make a reservation. She said that since its on the website, hopefully that means it's "in the pipeline" and will be opened up soon.

Events have been cancelled before when they weren't selling sufficiently. Late Nite Live anyone?
I don't think it's an issue of it not selling. The dates have all been sold out for a long time, and it's gotten pretty rave reviews across the board. Plus, they canceled all of March only a month or so after it was first announced, so not really time for it to have been termed a "bust."

Ok, I just called, but no luck. The CM said that Club Villain isn't showing up on their calendar, and they haven't received any word about it. She did try to book a few dates in March, but she was unable to make a reservation. She said that since its on the website, hopefully that means it's "in the pipeline" and will be opened up soon.

I don't think it's an issue of it not selling. The dates have all been sold out for a long time, and it's gotten pretty rave reviews across the board. Plus, they canceled all of March only a month or so after it was first announced, so not really time for it to have been termed a "bust."

Thanks for the update.

I'm pretty sure there is no way it was cancelled because of not selling.
#1 - it sold out
#2 - March dates were cancelled before the first event was held
#3 - the reviews are great, which could have a strong bearing for why it's showing back up.

I haven't a clue why it was cancelled but I do feel confident it was not lack of sales.

Thanks for the update! I was just getting a coffee to call in myself, saved me the disappointment.
I am trying to not get too excited, just incase this is a fluke. Seems promising since not only is it back on, but added Tuesday and 2 times, but who knows. Later today it may be gone...

As of tonight, the March dates are no longer in the system. I'm really hoping that they just removed them until they are ready for booking to start, but, based on Disney's track record lately, I'm not holding my breath.

As of tonight, the March dates are no longer in the system. I'm really hoping that they just removed them until they are ready for booking to start, but, based on Disney's track record lately, I'm not holding my breath.

Noticed that too. I am wondering if it is because they are raising the price for March and/or changing the location or other details. Planning on checking the site frequently in case it does come back.

March dates are back on the calendar, but still not available for booking. Also, the price has increased from $99 to $129.

So they canceled the dates for March and it looks like they are putting them back soon? What changed besides the price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter