Closing Time!!

-UPDATE- Now showing up on county website as of 8-14 and closing agent informed us that disney has all the paper work by 8-17. Now waiting for points

My timeline-
Offer Accepted 6-5
Sent to ROFR 6-5
Passed rofr 6-29
Spelling error corrected on rofr waiver 7-7
Notified through estoppel 8-3
Received closing documents dated 8-4 on 8-5
Closed on 8-13
Sent to have Deed recorded: 8-13
Recorded Deed showing up on County Website: 8-14
Closing Agent says that Disney has all paperwork 8-17
Have Points: TBD

Got our member number today. Called yesterday and got turned down, but they could see it in the system. Today I called and the lady gave it to me no problem.

But you still havnt gotten the letter? Do you live out of country? I wonder if those taking 3 weeks or more live west coast or out of country? A letter posted from orlando to where I live takes 1 to 2 days usually

How does the timeline differ for those of us who are already members and are adding points onto the same member #?

We live in ny, so it should only take 3 days from orlando. I got so many different answers from people when trying to get my member number. Some saying about a week from the account being created, to 2-4 weeks from the account being created, to 25-45 days. It was odd that all last week they would look it up, and I wasn't in the system, then on Monday and Tuesday one looked it up but wouldn't give me my number, and the others said I had to wait for a letter. Then finally today the lady on choice 1 gave me my number with no hesitation.

How does the timeline differ for those of us who are already members and are adding points onto the same member #?
I think the difference is that you won't have to wait for a member letter to be mailed or have the luck of getting someone to give it to you, as it should just appear on your account like two weeks after closing is what it seems to be running.

I think the difference is that you won't have to wait for a member letter to be mailed or have the luck of getting someone to give it to you, as it should just appear on your account like two weeks after closing is what it seems to be running.
Awesome, thanks!:flower1:

Soooo happy my resale process is DONE!

Here's my timeline:

Accepted Offer 5-19
Submitted to ROFR 5-21
Passed ROFR 6-15
Closing Docs Rec'd 7-19
Closing Docs Sent 7-20
Closing Done 8-6
Recorded Deed 8-7
Received Points in Account 8-19
Booked first reservation 8-19

I should note I already had an existing DVC account so that may have sped things up. I never received anything in the mail. I just logged into the DVC site one day and noticed the contract was listed but no points. The next day, points were loaded.

A few other points of note:

1. My contract had banked points from 2014. Those are not showing up on my account on the website because they were banked before ownership transferred. After a moment of panic and a phone call, the CM at DVC explained that to me.
2. DO NOT buy resale unless you are looking to use those points at LEAST 11-12 months out. I knew it would be close, but I was hoping to use this contract for Princess Marathon Weekend for a stay at the Poly/BLT and as of today, all I could get was SSR.

So, a good rule of thumb based on my experience is 90 days until you can make your first reservation.

Soooo happy my resale process is DONE!

Here's my timeline:

Accepted Offer 5-19
Submitted to ROFR 5-21
Passed ROFR 6-15
Closing Docs Rec'd 7-19
Closing Docs Sent 7-20
Closing Done 8-6
Recorded Deed 8-7
Received Points in Account 8-19
Booked first reservation 8-19

I should note I already had an existing DVC account so that may have sped things up. I never received anything in the mail. I just logged into the DVC site one day and noticed the contract was listed but no points. The next day, points were loaded.

A few other points of note:

1. My contract had banked points from 2014. Those are not showing up on my account on the website because they were banked before ownership transferred. After a moment of panic and a phone call, the CM at DVC explained that to me.
2. DO NOT buy resale unless you are looking to use those points at LEAST 11-12 months out. I knew it would be close, but I was hoping to use this contract for Princess Marathon Weekend for a stay at the Poly/BLT and as of today, all I could get was SSR.

So, a good rule of thumb based on my experience is 90 days until you can make your first reservation.
Congratulations! ! Thx for sharing your timeline.

Got our member number today. Called yesterday and got turned down, but they could see it in the system. Today I called and the lady gave it to me no problem.
My deed was recorded 7/31. I haven't received my letter yet. I called yesterday and was turned down, stating I had to wait for the letter. Is there a trick or something to persuade these CMs for a member number or to see if I'm even in the system yet? :(

My deed was recorded 7/31. I haven't received my letter yet. I called yesterday and was turned down, stating I had to wait for the letter. Is there a trick or something to persuade these CMs for a member number or to see if I'm even in the system yet? :(
I think the trick is to keep calling and hopefully find a CM that will cooperate. I used option #3, but I think others have used #1? I got mine in April, when they seemed to generally be more willing to give info out over the phone. Good luck!

I asked someone else this question and they told me to keep calling and ask to speak to someone else if they wouldn't give it to me. All last week they were super willing, and this week it was like pulling teeth. I was transferred to member administration to find out if I was in the system but they wouldn't give me my number. Then yesterday I called member services(option 1) and said I was trying to book my vow renewal but needed my member number. She asked my name, address, and pulled it up. Just keep trying.

My wife and I were shot down 5-6 times and FINALLY we received our letter. Deed was recorded on 7/29, letter was dated 8/10, received letter on 8/15. Keep trying, good luck hope you get your letter soon

I had no luck over the phone at all. I gave up after 5 tries and then the letter came. I want to say we were right at 100 days from offer to letter. It would've been quicker but there were delays on the sellers side. The disney and title timelines were spot on, it was just getting the documents from the sellers that added roughly two weeks.

At the end of the day it all worked out and my waitlist came through about 10 days after making it

I had no luck over the phone at all. I gave up after 5 tries and then the letter came. I want to say we were right at 100 days from offer to letter. It would've been quicker but there were delays on the sellers side. The disney and title timelines were spot on, it was just getting the documents from the sellers that added roughly two weeks.

At the end of the day it all worked out and my waitlist came through about 10 days after making it
I'm on 94 days from offer. Still no letter. Still no luck with obtaining my member number from member services. Sighhh...

So excited!! Just heard from the Title company that we closed!! In the home stretch now. Here's our timeline so far:

June 1: Offer accepted
June 8: Sent for ROFR
July 2: Passed ROFR
August 14: Received Closing Docs
August 25: Closed
August 26: Recorded on OCC website
September 8: letter received

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter