Closing Time!!

I called today and said we are planning a vow renewal and was hoping to book a vacation soon, but I didn't have a member number yet. The guy I spoke to looked up both our names and didn't find anything, so sent me to member administration where she found the contract and that transfer papers were submitted and it was in the process of our account being created, but said that could be three weeks before we get all the papers to book. Ahh hoping if I call back next week I'll get our number. We want to book on the 22nd.

As a seller, this is a long process too.

5/29 Offer Accepted
06/05 ROFR Sent out
6/29 ROFR Waived
7/22 Estopel Received
7/29 Closing Docs Sent out
7/31 My Closing Docs Received at Title Company
8/6 Closing Notification.

I keep checking my DVC Account to see when the Points get pulled from my Account. That would finalize the closing and accounting reconciliation.

This was 150 Pt BCV Contract, 0/2015 54/2016 150/2017

We showed up on the OCC site on 8/7, my DVC account shows a reduction in my monthly dues starting in September, but the contract and points have not been pulled from my account yet.

My timeline-
Offer Accepted 6-5
Sent to ROFR 6-5
Passed rofr 6-29
Spelling error corrected on rofr waiver 7-7
Notified through estoppel 8-3
Received closing documents dated 8-4 on 8-5
Closed on 8-13
Sent to have Deed recorded: 8-13
Recorded Deed showing up on County Website: TBD
Have Points: TBD

My timeline is very close to yours coastalhh. :tongue: I was just recorded today so I'm hoping to get the member number soon so I can book a trip for my daughters.

I have been shot down TWICE, no luck over the phone! It sucks! We are in the system too because she verified information without any prompts from me!

Have you tried calling again? Or did you receive a letter? Tried calling again today and he said it's almost done, so to call next week. Next Saturday is when I can.book so hopefully points are loaded by then and they'll give me my number still.

I showed up on the OCC site on 7/30 (my closing company failed to tell me they had gotten everything done) so I'm currently one the phone with my fingers crossed that I can get my membership number from someone today :)

Keep us updated
I showed up on the OCC site on 7/30 (my closing company failed to tell me they had gotten everything done) so I'm currently one the phone with my fingers crossed that I can get my membership number from someone today :)

Have you tried calling again? Or did you receive a letter? Tried calling again today and he said it's almost done, so to call next week. Next Saturday is when I can.book so hopefully points are loaded by then and they'll give me my number still.

So...my wife and I have both tried to call (probably a total of 5-6 times) and we keep getting the "need your letter" routine. Today when my wife called they said we were not even in the system but I know that is an untruth since I had another CM verify my info without any prompts from me and our deed was recorded on 7/29/15. I just dont understand how we are DVC members ( but not on paper) and are treated like second class citizens, makes no sense to me at all! Maybe we will get our letter tomorrow?! Wishful thinking.

So happy to be here on this thread after 43 days on Estoppel! Just got closing docs today. Let's hope this part goes quicker!

Finally closed! Just waiting on my letter! What a long process!

5/20 - Sent for ROFR
6/17 - Waived ROFR
7/13 - Estoppel
7/21 - Closing docs and check mailed to title co.
7/31 - Deed recorded on comptroller

Closing docs 7/14. Received membership number 8/13. No problem making a Beach Club reservation for 3/16.

My final timeline
4/9 offer sent
4/10 offer accepted
4/13 sent to rofr
5/15 addendum to contract
(banked points issue)
5/29 rofr waived
6/24 Estoppel
7/13 closing docs sent/received
(This part was delayed
For 1 week by me due
To vacation)
7/20 deed recorded
8/8 Letter received with
Member #
8/15 Member cards/new
Member package
Received

Whew!!! Next contract sent to rofr 8/9!

No luck :( I'm not in the system yet
So funny story after being told yesterday I wasn't in their system my letter with my membership ID arrived today. Way to go member services. Clearly I'm impressed by then already. Now to call back today and get my online account activated!!!

So funny story after being told yesterday I wasn't in their system my letter with my membership ID arrived today. Way to go member services. Clearly I'm impressed by then already. Now to call back today and get my online account activated!!!

So...my wife and I have both tried to call (probably a total of 5-6 times) and we keep getting the "need your letter" routine. Today when my wife called they said we were not even in the system but I know that is an untruth since I had another CM verify my info without any prompts from me and our deed was recorded on 7/29/15. I just dont understand how we are DVC members ( but not on paper) and are treated like second class citizens, makes no sense to me at all! Maybe we will get our letter tomorrow?! Wishful thinking.

Exactly what happened to us, our letter arrived today!! I knew they were not speaking the truth!! On the phone now WAITING AGAIN!

Final timeline

5/25 offer made /accepted
6/19 ROFR
7/21 estoppel/closing
7/29 Deed recorded
8/15 received letter
82 days
Very happy it is over and I know we will do it again. The wait won't be so bad since we have points now.
Congrats!!! It's Finally over!!

Final timeline

5/25 offer made /accepted
6/19 ROFR
7/21 estoppel/closing
7/29 Deed recorded
8/15 received letter
82 days
Very happy it is over and I know we will do it again. The wait won't be so bad since we have points now.

Congrats and enjoy!!

I'm movin' on over from the estoppel thread. :cool1: I was just here in March/April and now I'm back with a 2nd contract. ;) We passed ROFR on 7/10 and received our closing docs today, 8/17. I think our estoppel arrived on last Thursday or Friday, so I'm going with 8/14. Our paperwork will be sent out 2nd day air FedEx tomorrow, and I'm hoping these sellers are as awesome at returning their documents quickly as our last ones were. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter