Closing Time!!

I'm curious.......did you get your membership number?

Yes. Called and received my member number on 8/3 over the phone. Today around lunch time my points loaded into my account so I could book! I called 1 800 800 9800 (talked to accounting dept.). She accepted my sob story about my youngest kiddo turning 1 year next month and me needing a trip booked for his 1st birthday ASAP.

So....a SUPER AWESOME UPDATE!! I showed up on comptroller website July 22, TT&M notified Disney on July 23. I called on July 30th, and they guy I spoke with was super nice, but I wasn't in their system at all yet. He suggested I call back in a week. Well, I called today (one day shy of a week). I immediately told the lady that I wanted to book a trip, that I bought resale, and that I hadn't received my letter. She looked me up, OFFERED to give me my membership number, checked availability, and helped me log on for the first time. She had me on hold for a bit, and after coming back, let me know that the points hadn't been loaded, but should be by the end of business today. Sure enough, my points are in there now. It was an INCREDIBLE customer service experience, and not at all what I was expecting. Needless to say, she got all 5's on the survey. SO there is still hope for member numbers by phone:flower1::flower1:. I'll post final timeline tomorrow when I can get all my dates together.

So....a SUPER AWESOME UPDATE!! I showed up on comptroller website July 22, TT&M notified Disney on July 23. I called on July 30th, and they guy I spoke with was super nice, but I wasn't in their system at all yet. He suggested I call back in a week. Well, I called today (one day shy of a week). I immediately told the lady that I wanted to book a trip, that I bought resale, and that I hadn't received my letter. She looked me up, OFFERED to give me my membership number, checked availability, and helped me log on for the first time. She had me on hold for a bit, and after coming back, let me know that the points hadn't been loaded, but should be by the end of business today. Sure enough, my points are in there now. It was an INCREDIBLE customer service experience, and not at all what I was expecting. Needless to say, she got all 5's on the survey. SO there is still hope for member numbers by phone:flower1::flower1:. I'll post final timeline tomorrow when I can get all my dates together.
Yay!! So glad to hear this! Looks like we started and finished this journey together! Enjoy all your future vacations!!!

Well, both of these comments have inspired me to call early next week. We were listed on the comptrollers site last Wednesday (7/29) and I think next Monday/Tuesday is the day I will call! Thanks so much for this information.

I just found out today my closing was done on VGF resale. Now to keep checking the comptroller's site for deed recording then contacting Disney for my points. I'm so excited!

I've given up over the phone... I keep getting shot down. I suspect my point are loaded by now ans my account was created on August 4th

As a seller, this is a long process too.

5/29 Offer Accepted
06/05 ROFR Sent out
6/29 ROFR Waived
7/22 Estopel Received
7/29 Closing Docs Sent out
7/31 My Closing Docs Received at Title Company
8/6 Closing Notification.

I keep checking my DVC Account to see when the Points get pulled from my Account. That would finalize the closing and accounting reconciliation.

This was 150 Pt BCV Contract, 0/2015 54/2016 150/2017

As a seller, this is a long process too.

5/29 Offer Accepted
06/05 ROFR Sent out
6/29 ROFR Waived
7/22 Estopel Received
7/29 Closing Docs Sent out
7/31 My Closing Docs Received at Title Company
8/6 Closing Notification.

I keep checking my DVC Account to see when the Points get pulled from my Account. That would finalize the closing and accounting reconciliation.

This was 150 Pt BCV Contract, 0/2015 54/2016 150/2017
Congrats! That actually seems pretty fast compared to the wait times we are seeing currently, ad I'm only about 16 days behind you.

I just found out today my closing was done on VGF resale. Now to keep checking the comptroller's site for deed recording then contacting Disney for my points. I'm so excited!

How long is it usually taking to show up for recorded deed. Then how long after that to get points. I hope to close this week.

How long is it usually taking to show up for recorded deed. Then how long after that to get points. I hope to close this week.
It took me a three days to show up after I closed. I closed 7/28 and showed up 7/31, I am still waiting for my points and member number Seems to be taking 3 weeks or so to receive the letter in the mail, and doesn't look like calling has been working that well.

It took me a three days to show up after I closed. I closed 7/28 and showed up 7/31, I am still waiting for my points and member number Seems to be taking 3 weeks or so to receive the letter in the mail, and doesn't look like calling has been working that well.

I am hoping to have everything finalized with points by 9-11. If I dont close until Friday (or even monday) looks like that will be very tight. Here is hoping

I am hoping to have everything finalized with points by 9-11. If I dont close until Friday (or even monday) looks like that will be very tight. Here is hoping
Yeah. Hopefully closing is quick for you, if so you should be in good shape. It only took two days for me and the sellers to get all our paperwork in, which hopefully happens for you as well! Good luck!

soooo....Here is my timeline...my awesome wife was able to call earlier and get the member number, We are now working on getting the on-line account set up and booking our trip for Jan, if anything is available.
Offer Sent 5/26
ROFR 6/19
Estoppel 7/20
Received closing 7/24
closed 7/28
showed up on OCC 7/31
got member # by phone 8/11

Total of 77 days from offer to member number
Good luck everybody waiting.

soooo....Here is my timeline...my awesome wife was able to call earlier and get the member number, We are now working on getting the on-line account set up and booking our trip for Jan, if anything is available.
Offer Sent 5/26
ROFR 6/19
Estoppel 7/20
Received closing 7/24
closed 7/28
showed up on OCC 7/31

:cool1::jumping1::dancer: congratulations!!

I received confirmation of our closing today, here's the next wait for our membership number, anyone had any luck getting it over the phone recently and how long was it after you closed. Thx

Offer Sent 5/26
ROFR 6/19
Estoppel 7/20
Received closing 7/24
closed 7/28
showed up on OCC 7/31

sigh...I'm not as lucky, deed appeared on OCC on 7/27, called today but I'm not in the system yet :sad:

Offer Sent 5/26
ROFR 6/19
Estoppel 7/20
Received closing 7/24
closed 7/28
showed up on OCC 7/31

I have been shot down TWICE, no luck over the phone! It sucks! We are in the system too because she verified information without any prompts from me!

Last edited:
I have been shot down TWICE, no luck over the phone! It sucks! We are in the system too because she verified information without any prompts from me!
It seems like there have been a couple of lucky people lately who have been able to get their member # and info over the phone this week. If you are in a rush, I would keep trying and hopefully get a CM who will cooperate! :thumbsup2

Yeah I think we were really lucky. I had no hope of getting it over the phone, especially not before the 14 day mark. I think it may have been because when my wife spoke to them she was unsure of a lot of the stuff they were asking. Since I've been doing all the research and stuff my wife wasn't 100% sure of the questions they asked, ex...when they asked if it was resale my wife said she wasn't sure, because I was doing most of the work. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter