• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the exact name, but it's a law office in Ormond Beach FL. They were great with communication. I've been spoiled with how easy this has been. Now I'm tempted to just do it again.

I'm with you! I think I used the same one and this has been a breeze!

Offer accepted - 10/11
Offer Revised - 10/14
Submitted to ROFR - 10/15
Passed ROFR - 10/28
Received closing docs - 10/29
Closing docs/payment made - 11/2
Deed Sent - 11/10
Waiting for points to be loaded......

jay42k / BCV / 220
8/21 offer accepted
9/21 passed ROFR
10/9 received closing documents
10/15 returned closing documents and payment
??? Waiting on closing -- last discussion on 11/5 with title company was that they have everything they need except re-confirmation from Disney on points.

Offer accepted - 10/11
Offer Revised - 10/14
Passed ROFR - 10/28
Deed Sent - 11/10

Just checked the OCC site:

Offer accepted - 10/11
Offer Revised - 10/14
Passed ROFR - 10/28
Deed Sent and Recorded on site - 11/10

So odd with those who are being asked to include the dues, as you can't prepay and they are not due until January. We have a closing scheduled for Dec. 15 latest and we were not given the option to prepay. Especially as dues aren't finalized yet to my knowledge for 2016 (they might be and I missed it, but I don't think so).

Can those of you who were able to close quickly share what broker/title company you used? Is that allowed? I am extremely frustrated with the lack of movement on my deal. Last I heard was when we passed ROFR on September 23rd. I almost wonder if I get out and start over, I could be ahead of the game.

So odd with those who are being asked to include the dues, as you can't prepay and they are not due until January. We have a closing scheduled for Dec. 15 latest and we were not given the option to prepay. Especially as dues aren't finalized yet to my knowledge for 2016 (they might be and I missed it, but I don't think so).

I agree. They haven't even had the owner's meetings yet, right? And, don't you have the option to pay dues monthly? Seems really strange.

Can those of you who were able to close quickly share what broker/title company you used? Is that allowed? I am extremely frustrated with the lack of movement on my deal. Last I heard was when we passed ROFR on September 23rd. I almost wonder if I get out and start over, I could be ahead of the game.

Any chance your seller is overseas? We passed ROFR on 9/25 and have received/sent back closing documents around 10/17, but we're stuck waiting on international mail. Our seller is in the UK. We bought through Fidelity and they used Duncan for the title company.

The projected annual dues were just announced today. My broker told me from the very first call that if we closed after Dec 10 that 2016 dues would be included in closing costs.

I don't know what is allowed to be shared on here, but if you PM me I will give you my email address and I can let you know.

We used the DVC store and magic vacation title. When I bought it, I knew there was going to be a delayed settlement. I assume the previous owner had a trip planned for food and wine. Communication has been excellent and we closed the exact day they said we would.

The projected annual dues were just announced today. My broker told me from the very first call that if we closed after Dec 10 that 2016 dues would be included in closing costs.

I don't know what is allowed to be shared on here, but if you PM me I will give you my email address and I can let you know.
I saw the same article. I am now super curious as to why PP was charged $7.05 per point for MF at BLT when the projected fees are $5.28/pt.

Updating my timeline
Offer accepted 8-14
Sent to rofr 8-17
Passed rofr 9-11
Estoppel 9-11
Closing docs received 10-20
Mailed closing docs 10-21
Title company received on 10-23
Closed 10-26
Recorded 10-27
Called to get member number 11-4
Member number in the mail 11-9
So it took 12.5 weeks from offer to letter
(This doesn't account for the first contract taken by Disney. Originally started this process on July 13)

Good luck to those who are waiting. It does seem like contracts are passing rofr quicker and closing a lot faster.

Looking at this and the Estoppel thread, folks who passed RORF 9/30 have received closing papers from ***. Has anyone with a 10/1 or 10/2 date received closing docs? Thanks!

Offer accepted - 10/11
Offer Revised - 10/14
Passed ROFR - 10/28
Deed Sent - 11/10

Me too. We're using them for the second time since August and each time has been a breeze.

ustasmom---$132-$6600-50-BLT-OCT-50/15, 50/16, 50/17. Seller pays 2015 dues. Buyer pays 2016 dues and closing costs.

Offer made: 10/8
Offer accepted - 10/9
Submitted to ROFR - 10/12
Passed ROFR - 10/19
Received closing docs - 11/9
Closing docs/payment made - 11/10
Deed Sent and recorded - pending

BTW, do sellers have to notarize or do they just sign and email forms back to the title company?

ustasmom---$132-$6600-50-BLT-OCT-50/15, 50/16, 50/17. Seller pays 2015 dues. Buyer pays 2016 dues and closing costs.

Offer made: 10/8
Offer accepted - 10/9
Submitted to ROFR - 10/12
Passed ROFR - 10/19
Received closing docs - 11/9
Closing docs/payment made - 11/10
Deed Sent and recorded - pending

BTW, do sellers have to notarize or do they just sign and email forms back to the title company?
Sellers have to get the deed notarized

Our time line -- we are almost officially members!!
9/5 Offer made
9/5 Offer accepted
9/9 sent for ROFR
9/30 ROFR waived
11/4 Received closing documents
11/10 mailed out paperwork and check

Closing on the original contract is 11/23 so i don't know if they would wait until that date or if they have all the paperwork from both sides they just go ahead with the closing - what has been everyone else's experience?

Our time line -- we are almost officially members!!
9/5 Offer made
9/5 Offer accepted
9/9 sent for ROFR
9/30 ROFR waived
11/4 Received closing documents
11/10 mailed out paperwork and check

Closing on the original contract is 11/23 so i don't know if they would wait until that date or if they have all the paperwork from both sides they just go ahead with the closing - what has been everyone else's experience?
Depends on title company. Mine closed as soon as they received all the paperwork

I just got a call from TTS about our closing docs. He said they were sent to them from *** for review. He called to confirm our lender change from Monera to timeshare lending. He said the docs should be sent to me within 48 hours. We passed ROFR back on 9/23/15. It's been forever!

I just got a call from TTS about our closing docs. He said they were sent to them from *** for review. He called to confirm our lender change from Monera to timeshare lending. He said the docs should be sent to me within 48 hours. We passed ROFR back on 9/23/15. It's been forever!
I am right there with you. I was told that I would have my closing documents today, but I haven't received them. We passed ROFR on the same day.

I am right there with you. I was told that I would have my closing documents today, but I haven't received them. We passed ROFR on the same day.
They've been (***) telling me I'd have my closing docs this week or next for the last almost 3 weeks now. It's beyond frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter