Submitted to ROFR - 9/8
Passed ROFR - 9/25
Received closing docs - 10/13
Closing docs returned/payment made - 10/16
Title Co received closing docs - 10/19
Seller signed deed - 11/3
Broker received deed - 11/13
Deed recorded & showing on OC site - 11/17

This is our first contract, so we're waiting on Disney to set up our membership account, right? Any idea how long that normally takes? Is that one of the steps where I can call and get information more quickly than just waiting on the mail?

Thank you!
We got our member number about 2 weeks after closing

Historically, is there a particular day(s) of the week that Disney announces their decision whether they will/will not exercise the ROFR option? Do they ever make decisions on the weekend?

M, W, & F are the most active days for ROFR results. We do occasionally see Saturday results but never on Sundays.

ROFR%20Counts_Passed-Taken_Day%20of%20Week%20-%202015-11-17-XL.jpg

In your opinion, based on your knowledge, should the following pass ?

SSR 175@$86 June 135/14 0/15 175/16 175/17

In your opinion, based on your knowledge, should the following pass ?

SSR 175@$86 June 135/14 0/15 175/16 175/17

If it did indeed go to ROFR on 10/30 and since you are at that sweet spot of what gets ROFR for SSR, I think that they are going to take it. According to the chart above, 25% of what they take is SSR. I hope that you prove me wrong.

Does the deed showing up online and disney doing their thing happen simultaneously? Or does the deed have to show up first? I keep checking the OCC website and so far no deed. We closed last monday. We travel in 3 weeks and I would love to have membership by then to get the cheaper AP. And I would like to see how rooms are looking for the dark side challenge (race weekend). I have a regular hotel booked but it would be handy to be able to use points, but I figure every day that ticks by, the chance of getting a room where I want gets smaller and smaller.

Last edited:
After deed is recorded Info is sent back to Disney and it takes about 3 weeks to receive your membership number. If you closed last Monday it should have been recorded already. It's usually only 2-3 days after closing when it's recorded. You should call your title company and ask why it hasn't been recorded yet

Did you mail your signed paperwork back on Monday? The title company has to wait until they receive the signed deed from the seller and then they will take it to have the deed recorded.

Did you mail your signed paperwork back on Monday? The title company has to wait until they receive the signed deed from the seller and then they will take it to have the deed recorded.

That is what hung me up for a week. And then they have to re-confirm points and taxes. Sigh!

So, we finally got the corrected Note for Mortgage form from *** on Tuesday, I dropped off the envelope with our money order and signed forms at the post office this morning. Lets see how long our next wait is. Hopefully our sellers have already sent their forms in. crossing my fingers that this happens quickly, I'm already way past my 7 month window for booking our April trip for the Star Wars race.o_O

So here's my timeline so far...

Offer Made - 8/31
Offer accepted - 8/31
Submitted to ROFR - 9/2
Passed ROFR - 9/23
Received closing docs - 11/13
Closing docs returned/payment made - 11/18
Title Co received closing docs - ??
Seller signed deed - ?
Deed recorded & showing on OC site - ?

So we learned something new yesterday that might be of interest to you. *** received both buyer and seller closing documents in good order. They will not close until they receive the funds from the lender. That surprised us since Florida is a "dry" close state meaning escrow is closed then funding is sent. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

So, we finally got the corrected Note for Mortgage form from *** on Tuesday, I dropped off the envelope with our money order and signed forms at the post office this morning. Lets see how long our next wait is. Hopefully our sellers have already sent their forms in. crossing my fingers that this happens quickly, I'm already way past my 7 month window for booking our April trip for the Star Wars race.o_O

So here's my timeline so far...

Offer Made - 8/31
Offer accepted - 8/31
Submitted to ROFR - 9/2
Passed ROFR - 9/23
Received closing docs - 11/13
Title Co received closing docs - ??
Seller signed deed - ?
Deed recorded & showing on OC site - ?
What are the dates for April? I could let you know what's still available and pm you

FINALLY!! Recieved my closing documents this morning. Good grief this waiting is killing me! :worried: At least there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! :)

Passed ROFR - 9/23
Received closing docs - 11/18 (Seller had vacation planned)

Here's an update on our progress. . .almost there!!

LionKingCPA---$110-$25,955-230-BLT-Feb- 0/'14, 0/'15, 17/'16, 230/'17- sent 09/14, passed 10/02

Offer accepted – 09/11
Submitted to ROFR – 09/14
Passed ROFR – 10/02
Received closing docs – 11/07
Closing docs returned/payment made - 11/09
Closing – 11/16
Deed Recorded OCC -11/18
Member Number Letter - ??

jay42k / BCV / 220
8/21 offer accepted
9/21 passed ROFR
10/9 received closing documents
10/15 returned closing documents and payment
11/19 closed & deed recorded on OCC site
??? now waiting on member number

ustasmom---$132-$6600-50-BLT-OCT-50/15, 50/16, 50/17. Seller pays 2015 dues. Buyer pays 2016 dues and closing costs.

Offer made: 10/8
Offer accepted - 10/9
Submitted to ROFR - 10/12
Passed ROFR - 10/19
Received closing docs - 11/9
Closing docs/payment made - 11/10
Deed Sent and recorded - pending

There may be light at the end of the tunnel (until the point loading darkness.) I heard that I should be closed and recorded either tomorrow or early next week. Honestly, this feels longer than the last trimester of pregnancy.

You don't have to pay it. Dues are not billed until the new year, and if you have your closing documents, you will be well into ownership of that contract by the time dues roll around. I'd just say that you would prefer to handle the dues payment yourself and leave it at that. They wouldn't be able to pay it on your behalf early anyway so I really don't know why they are trying to collect it at this point.

So I am closing today or tomorrow. I asked about the dues and they said that they were sending a payment to Disney and that I would be a refund for the overpayment.

Hi all. For those of you who are sticklers for statistics (RobbW? :) ), I have a question about the "date of closing". What actually determines the closing date, or, really, does a closing date that the title company quotes mean anything? I mostly ask this because there were about two weeks between when the title company received our money (and sent an email that they had deposited the funds in escrow) and when the deed was recorded on the OCC site. But no one ever told me that we had closed, plus I don't see anything on the deed that has a closing date. The only date on there is the date the sellers signed, which was almost a week BEFORE the title company had our money.

I was waiting until our points show up in our DVC account to repost all of the dates, but I really have no concrete date for Estoppel (RobbW confirmed that this was not important) nor for closing.

Hi all. For those of you who are sticklers for statistics (RobbW? :) ), I have a question about the "date of closing". What actually determines the closing date, or, really, does a closing date that the title company quotes mean anything? I mostly ask this because there were about two weeks between when the title company received our money (and sent an email that they had deposited the funds in escrow) and when the deed was recorded on the OCC site. But no one ever told me that we had closed, plus I don't see anything on the deed that has a closing date. The only date on there is the date the sellers signed, which was almost a week BEFORE the title company had our money.

I was waiting until our points show up in our DVC account to repost all of the dates, but I really have no concrete date for Estoppel (RobbW confirmed that this was not important) nor for closing.
Are you dealing with ***? Their communication is very poor lately. I would just go by the date in the deed recording and estimate closing about two days before that :).

I am really unhappy with *** right now. Received closing docs for VGF on October 28 and that was after begging them for a week to get them to me after I was told they were ready. We are in Canada, yet managed to have our documents and funds to them by Oct. 31. It is now 20 days later, they have everything from both buyer and seller, and it STILL hasn't closed. No good reason. I am super frustrated as I am trying to book a "big birthday" trip for next September and VGF is of course filling up!

I have pleaded with them for updates and have received no response. The broker has gotten some updates for me, but they are very vague ("will close soon") and unhelpful.

I get that Disney has flooded them with waivers and estoppels lately, but I feel that I am paying just as much for their closing service as when they are not so busy. Our closing documents were incorrect on the financial side, and I had to deal with that as well. The closing company we are dealing with for our PVB contract looks like they will close it before this mine, and it went in three weeks later.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent ;).

Pangyal, of course you can vent! You were much more polite in your venting than a lot of folks. :)

Ours wasn't ***. It was Duncan (if that name comes through). I guess they took about 10 business days to close from receiving my funds,
so it wasn't THAT bad. I suspect I would still be waiting for closing docs if it were ***, from what everyone has been saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter