Closing Time!!

The digital version of my card has a different colored background than the one shown above. It has my name, member number, and expiration date on it.
Ok I guess that is how they distinguish between members eligible for the "membership extras" (at least I think that's what they call them) vs those who are not. Good to know you will still get a membership card (or at least have access to a digital one)

Ok I guess that is how they distinguish between members eligible for the "membership extras" (at least I think that's what they call them) vs those who are not. Good to know you will still get a membership card (or at least have access to a digital one)

When I'm under "membership extras" and I try to book something it says I'm not eligible. The member benefits it lists that I'm eligible for is pool hopping, DVD rentals, and Top of the World Lounge (I think that's all it lists). I'm guessing they still want members to have some sort of a membership card to access these perks, but have a way to tell if you purchased resale after 4/4. Unless my card was issued to me by mistake.

When I'm under "membership extras" and I try to book something it says I'm not eligible. The member benefits it lists that I'm eligible for is pool hopping, DVD rentals, and Top of the World Lounge (I think that's all it lists). I'm guessing they still want members to have some sort of a membership card to access these perks, but have a way to tell if you purchased resale after 4/4. Unless my card was issued to me by mistake.
No I'm sure it isn't a mistake if your card looks different. They probably realized that it would be difficult to allow access to TOTWL without having identification and/or because member dues pay for the cost of printing cards.

FINAL UPDATE: YoSteph: SSR Sept UY 0/2016, 150/2017...Sent 2/22, Passed ROFR 3/18, Closing Documents 4/13.
Funds and paperwork Sent 4/14. Notification that signed contracts (buyer & seller), funds received, sale officially 'Closed' and sent to OCC 4/20. Deed recorded according to OCC website 4/25.

Membership pack with Magnets and Points per Resort 5/7 (Priority Mail from Georgia). Member # (by mail) arrived 5/9 (dated 5/3). Called for Tech Assistance for Activation Codes and DW & I now have online access. Physical Membership ID Cards 7/12. They are blue background with silver ears/writing. The 'member since' year was corrected from the original Digital ID I downloaded. Online it does list all of the extras, since I was fortunate enough to be in process as of 4/4. Waiting was definitely the hardest part. Hope my full time line helps those of you in limbo.

FINAL UPDATE: YoSteph: SSR Sept UY 0/2016, 150/2017...Sent 2/22, Passed ROFR 3/18, Closing Documents 4/13.
Funds and paperwork Sent 4/14. Notification that signed contracts (buyer & seller), funds received, sale officially 'Closed' and sent to OCC 4/20. Deed recorded according to OCC website 4/25.

Membership pack with Magnets and Points per Resort 5/7 (Priority Mail from Georgia). Member # (by mail) arrived 5/9 (dated 5/3). Called for Tech Assistance for Activation Codes and DW & I now have online access. Physical Membership ID Cards 7/12. They are blue background with silver ears/writing. The 'member since' year was corrected from the original Digital ID I downloaded. Online it does list all of the extras, since I was fortunate enough to be in process as of 4/4. Waiting was definitely the hardest part. Hope my full time line helps those of you in limbo.

Congrats on crossing the finish line.
We closed in march of this year, received our membership cards, but never got the membership packet, magents, etc. We have our number and card, so we have the important stuff. The blue card ahs the correct date on it, our digital one still has the wrong date on it.

Submitted 5/29
Passed 6/22
Received closing document 7/1
Sent doc/Funds 7/7
Closed 7/11
Deed recorded 7/12
Contract loaded into account 7/25 no points yet
Mayber tomorrow

Submitted 5/29
Passed 6/22
Received closing document 7/1
Sent doc/Funds 7/7
Closed 7/11
Deed recorded 7/12
Contract loaded into account 7/25 no points yet
Mayber tomorrow

My contract was loaded to account on Friday- still waiting for the points, too! (I'm worried I'm going to break the website I'm refreshing so much. LOL.. we just passed 7 months on our next trip, so I want to book ASAP. :) )

My contract was loaded to account on Friday- still waiting for the points, too! (I'm worried I'm going to break the website I'm refreshing so much. LOL.. we just passed 7 months on our next trip, so I want to book ASAP. :) )
Everything is there except for the points. I am checking multiple times a day. Lol. Good luck.

For the member cards--- We passed RORF on 4/4 on our first contract, so we were originally told no member extras. They reversed that, and we ended up getting cards about 2 weeks ago- they look just like the one pictured above. We just bought our second contract, so is definitely post-4/4, and the digital card for the new contract looks identical to the physical card we just received. I just put in a request for a physical card for the new contract without any problem- will be really interested to see if it matches (or if we get it at all!)

Edited to add that for both contracts, the member type is listed as: Additional Purchaser. I'm curious what member type is listed as for pre-4/4 resale purchasers, or for direct purchasers.... (Although it just occurred to me that Additional Purchaser probably refers to me being second on the contract. :) )

Last edited:
Everything is there except for the points. I am checking multiple times a day. Lol. Good luck.
Got the points! I booked our next trip so fast that I bet the person who moved the points saw it. :) Probably thought, "Hey, I just moved points into that account!"

Got my member number in the mail today! Was not expecting it since I haven't receieved the member packet yet- thought that usually came first?

Final timeline below:

Sent 4/25
Passed ROFR 5/18
Estoppel Received 6/9
Closing Docs Rec'd 6/15 (title company forgot to send them)
Wired Funds 6/16
Closed 7/5 (sellers were on vacation)
Member # 7/25
Welcome Packet - TBD

92 days from submission to member #

Got our membership number in the mail today. Called and got our ID and activation code and was able to book our first stay at BWV in May next year. Also waitlisted BWV for Marathon weekend - not holding my breath, but you never know. Less than 80 days from start to finish.

The waiting is over and a trip has been book to Aulani in Oct.

here are my dates:
3/26 offer was accepted
4/1 sent to Disney (talk about cutting it close)
4/26 passed ROFR
5/20 received closing docs (signed and sent back that night)
6/6 Intl Seller finally had first appointment to sign docs
6/14 Intl Seller Documents was not signed correctly so round 2.
6/19 Intl Seller Documents finally received at title company
6/22 Recorded with the county
7/23 Number received

119 days total

Got my member number in the mail today! Was not expecting it since I haven't receieved the member packet yet- thought that usually came first?

Congrats!

Got our membership number in the mail today. Called and got our ID and activation code and was able to book our first stay at BWV in May next year. Also waitlisted BWV for Marathon weekend - not holding my breath, but you never know. Less than 80 days from start to finish.

Congrats!

Final timeline below:

Sent 4/25
Passed ROFR 5/18
Estoppel Received 6/9
Closing Docs Rec'd 6/15 (title company forgot to send them)
Wired Funds 6/16
Closed 7/5 (sellers were on vacation)
Member # 7/25
Welcome Packet - TBD

92 days from submission to member #

Delays like that are why I email the agent and title company every few days. Each time I have pinged them, documents seem to magically show up.

Does the card look like this? Or is it different? This is what pre 4/4/16 members cards (and future direct purchasers) look like. If it looks different that would make sense. If it looks the same then it seems like the discounts where you simply show your card (store and restaurant discounts) would not be able to tell the difference. I had seen another report that a person with a resale after 4/4 was redirected to a "buy direct ad" when they tried to access their digital membership card. That makes me wonder if they changed their minds about issuing some type of card after all or if they made a mistake when creating your account?
View attachment 183599

Hmmmm, our new cards do not look like this. We bought direct in 2009 and 2011. Same silver graphics and the background is the same solid blue but there is no other writing or graphics. I rather like your card better. :). Are you sure this is not the post 4/4 card?

Hmmmm, our new cards do not look like this. We bought direct in 2009 and 2011. Same silver graphics and the background is the same solid blue but there is no other writing or graphics. I rather like your card better. :). Are you sure this is not the post 4/4 card?
Ours are solid blue as well. We bought resale in Jan of this year.

Here's our final timeline:

Offer made/accepted: 5/11
Documents signed and sent: 5/12
Passed ROFR: 6/3 (22 days to pass)
Estoppel/Closing docs received: 6/29
Closing docs returned with funds: 6/30
Closed: 7/6
Received Welcome Letter with Member ID: 7/25
Total time from start to finish: 75 days

Booked a week at BWV for May 2017 and waitlisted 4 nights for marathon weekend.

Good luck everyone!

Ours are solid blue as well. We bought resale in Jan of this year.
I actually took the picture from the DVC website (it was in the article about how they were sending out new cards with the 2021 expiration date-I think they have that watermark across the background to discourage people from altering it and "making themselves DVC members" (since you can show a digital card for the discounts now). Mine also is solid blue background but I wasn't going to post a picture of my actual card. I figured the post 4/4 cards would look significantly different to be easily distinguishable for retail/restaurant cast members as to who was eligible for discounts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter