• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard from someone in another thread (when discussing room/location specifics) that the AKL-Jambo House smoking area may have moved. Specifically, the one behind the bar may have been moved to a spot behind the hot tub closest to the health club.

They said they noted this when visiting about 3 weeks ago.

All the maps I can find, including the one on Disney's own site, indicate the areas are still in the previous positions (behind the pool bar, near the Jiko/Boma entrance, and between the bus stop and the lobby). Has anyone seen/heard otherwise?

Thanks!

they are corret. we were there in aug. there are only 2. the one in thef ront, and the one back behind the hot tub. as you exit the bldg. near boma/jiko and face the pool, you walk to the right, al the way back.

they are corret. we were there in aug. there are only 2. the one in thef ront, and the one back behind the hot tub. as you exit the bldg. near boma/jiko and face the pool, you walk to the right, al the way back.

Did you happen to notice if the maps, on site, were updated to reflect the change?

The ones on the Disney web site definitely are not.

every gift shop in the resort carries major brands. if u are from nyc then anthing is cheaper thatn 13 a pack.

Did you happen to notice if the maps, on site, were updated to reflect the change?

The ones on the Disney web site definitely are not.

We just got back on Saturday. I can't find my resort map but PPs are correct that there are only 2 smoking sections. The one in front is a little off to the right as you are walking down to the bus stop. The other one is back behind the hot tub, go to the left for the playground and the right for the smoking benches. The one in front is completely exposed to the weather and the one in the back has some tree covering. I can tell you that both are a pretty good hike from the Zebra Trail where we stayed. I didn't dare try to smoke anywhere else (esp our balcony overlooking the savanna). Met a lot of really nice people from all over the world :)

I didn't know where to post this.

My dad is big cigar smoker. Is there anywhere in WDW or IOA that I can buy him a souvenir cigar?

I think your best bet would be city walk, if you are over at Islands of Adventure. there may be a cigar bar there, at least I think there used to be. aks this question over on the Universal boards. I'll bet Maccraven has the answer. she knows a lot about universal

I didn't know where to post this.

My dad is big cigar smoker. Is there anywhere in WDW or IOA that I can buy him a souvenir cigar?

There is a Sosa Family Cigars shop in DTD...it's close to Raglan Road. I've never been in there but it would be a lot easier to get to than going to Universal. Good luck! :tink:

lisa., even tho it may seem like it sometimes, cigarettes are not illegal!!!;) they cannot and will not take your cigarettes.

I have brought cigs in my fanny pack and my carry on, on the plane, and cartons in my checked bag.

:rotfl2:you heard it here first! nebo uses a fannypack! just joking. I posted on his account by mistake. sorry,honey

Thanks guys; I know it sounded silly but I haven't flown since I was two so was curious :rotfl2:. I am about to rat myself out I bought a fanny pack for this trip hahahaha:rolleyes1

jan. will be 2 years since hubby nebo and i quit!!! (on the sme day! and we haven't killed each other!) (yet)

anyway, I was amazed at how much those stupid dorky fanny packs fit!

I would squeeze in , sometime 2 packs of cigs, a lighter, my glasses, a brush, some money my tickets. etc etc.

I dont' care who thinks I'm dorky. I already know that I am!!! so what?

staying at the all star music resort in one of the family suites in a few weeks...anyone know the designated smoking area there?
I am a smoker but figured on not attempting to find smoking areas when we are in the parks....too much headache i am sure! but when we get back to room, i will be needing one by then! thanks for any info!

at music there is a DSA between the lobbyy and the calypso pool (toward the left, facing the lobby). there is a dsa between the piano pool and the jazz section.. there is a DSA picninc bench in the country section.. none in the rock section.. and though it doesn't show it on the map, there was one in the little fenced in park area in the boardwalk section.

^^^thank you very much for that!:thumbsup2 one last thing i will have to worry about figuring out when we get there!

also, the DSAs aren't that hard in the park to find. get a map and there they are (well., AK there are only 3)

Is there dsa by the bar at cbr ? We would like to sit and have a drink and enjoy. Which court yards have the dsa?
Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter