• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I"m flying in from the UK after an indirect flight ( about 13hrs in all) touch down in Philidelphia . Where can I have a nicotine surge in MCO it used to be outside baggage pick up is this still the case ( sorry bad pun ) just thinking I may be crawling the walls by the time I get to POP check in :(

Yes, still outside, out from under the overhang. Just ask someone, look for the signs or ashtrays, or for the smokers.

My DH and I both smoke but we occasionally use our Blu electronic cigarettes. There is NO flame, NO smoke, NO smell - (just nicotine in water vapor) so technically its not smoking. We are staying at POR in October. Does anyone know if Disney would consider use of these types of devices a violation of the smoking policy if we did it IN the room or outside our door at night??
:confused3

my son uses one, and I don't even know he is "smoking" until I look over at him. there is no smell

I don't see why you can't use it in the room. who would know? It doesn't leave any odor and there is nothing about it to offend anyone.

outside the room? if anyone says anything just explain.

the only problem I think would be on the balconies at AKL.. there are cameras. they are very strict about smoking cause of the animals. even though you wouldn't be "smoking", it would look like it on a camera.

Thanks Smidgy for the reply! The e-cig is really helping us work towards quitting by cutting down on real cigs. We never were able to stop "cold turkey" or with any other aids out there.

My boyfriend and I are considering quitting before going, but my main concern is if nicotine withdrawals would hinder us enjoying being on vacation? :eek:
We have both quit before, cold turkey. And we were both INCREDIBLY on edge :smokin:

My boyfriend and I are considering quitting before going, but my main concern is if nicotine withdrawals would hinder us enjoying being on vacation? :eek:
We have both quit before, cold turkey. And we were both INCREDIBLY on edge :smokin:

4 weeks before going? hmm. not so sure. we had quit 7 months before going. and it was tense. we were fine before the trip, but we had multiple car probems on the way down, not to mention driving through tenn and ga in tropical storm Lee.

when we were multiplw times pulled over is gas stations, trying to figure out what to do (visibility on the interstae was ZERO, I can't beleive we didn't run in and buy a pack of smokes!

see, we couln't cause the trip was our reward to ourselves for quitting. if we ahd bought a pack, we would have had to turn oround and go home!!!:smokin::rolleyes2:(

Hi Everyone; We just returned yesterday. AKL still have only 2. BLT wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Most of the time we crossed the sky bridge to Contemporary (our room was 6th fl south side) & smoked outside the 4th floor. Lots of benches & perfect view of the castle.

Ooohh...I forgot about that one. Excellent idea :thumbsup2 ...for the next time! :rotfl: :tink:

We are heading to WDW in 2013 and have a smoker in our party, he doesn't mind smoking in designated areas, but I don't what him to have to hike a mile to have a smoke.

I have seen that the Fort Wilderness cabins allow smoking by the outside barbeque at each cabin. Can anyone confirm this?

Another resort option is a 1 bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge. Not sure what kind of hike would be involved there for them either.

Also open to other resort suggestions that have options that don't require an elevator and a long walk.

Thanks all for any help you can provide.

Zobie

We are heading to WDW in 2013 and have a smoker in our party, he doesn't mind smoking in designated areas, but I don't what him to have to hike a mile to have a smoke.

I have seen that the Fort Wilderness cabins allow smoking by the outside barbeque at each cabin. Can anyone confirm this?

Another resort option is a 1 bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge. Not sure what kind of hike would be involved there for them either.

Also open to other resort suggestions that have options that don't require an elevator and a long walk.

Thanks all for any help you can provide.

Zobie

Not sure where the 1 bedroom villa's are located but there WAS a DSA directly out the "lobby area" to the back/pool area of the Villa's. There's a small covered porch with 2 seating areas. I LOVED the spot...you could see Bay Lake through the trees and the pool area. It did get a little "busy" occassionally with guests returning from the Main Lodge via the pool area but it was clearly marked DSA. It's been a couple years since we stayed there and hopefully it's still there. If the 1 bedrooms are located close to the Main Lodge, you can also use the DSA close to the Bus Stop. Good Luck...and we REALLY enjoyed staying at the WLV's! :thumbsup2 :tink:

Have you considered asking your doctor to prescribe Chantix for you? The first time I took my family to WDW, I had just started on Chantix. I had been on it for about a week, and I really didn't have major urges to smoke. However, it was at this time when I realized how unfriendly the world was becoming to smokers. Now that I have been smoke-free for 3 years, I feel that quitting was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am able to roam free throughout WDW without having the urge to run for the nearest smoking area, or being made to smoke behind some dumpster. Personally, I loved to smoke, but quitting was one of the best things I have ever done, both for my health and for the health of those around me, especially my children.

Have you considered asking your doctor to prescribe Chantix for you? The first time I took my family to WDW, I had just started on Chantix. I had been on it for about a week, and I really didn't have major urges to smoke. However, it was at this time when I realized how unfriendly the world was becoming to smokers. Now that I have been smoke-free for 3 years, I feel that quitting was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am able to roam free throughout WDW without having the urge to run for the nearest smoking area, or being made to smoke behind some dumpster. Personally, I loved to smoke, but quitting was one of the best things I have ever done, both for my health and for the health of those around me, especially my children.

I had a friend use chantix and after about 2 weeks she began having emotional problems while taking it and had to stop. I guess everyone is different. Anyway congrats on being a non smoker :thumbsup2

Chantix turned me into a raging maniac. I used it about two or three years ago - it was awful.

I just quit again cold turkey. After three days of not smoking - most of the nicotine is out of your system. I quit for our last stay at Disney too, because I didn't want to have to stop the fun to have a smoke. I started back up again last time because I was laid off after our vacation. Hopefully this time I will not start back up again!

So this has probably been answered, but this thread is HUGE and we leave on Saturday. Hubby smokes, I don't - is there anywhere in WDW property that sells cigarettes? We will NOT have a car, and I just need to know if I have to go buy some here or if they will be available there. Thanks all.

I don't know where "here" is, but if you're in one of the states that taxes the heck out of cigarettes it my be worth a stroll over to one of the Hess stations

In the past, we always had garden grocerer deliver cartons to the room but they are not permitted to anymore. We ended up taking having a taxi stop at the Hess station on our way to mini golf. Worked out perfectly & Florida ciggs are 1/2 the price than NY

In the past, we have bought them at any Disney resort gift shop - they are kept behind the counter, limited to major brands, and more expensive than regular Florida prices - but an option if you have no transportation to the Hess station.

You can buy cigarettes at the hotel gift shops, I believe they are $10 a pack. Or you can take a resort bus to DTD and get off at the second stop, look across the street and you will see a Hess station that sells cigarettes. Don't know what you pay for cigs at home but checked the price at the Hess Station for my brand and they were $5 cheaper a carton than in Pa. You can also buy beer, water, snacks here and take them back on the bus. We always take a Disney bag to put the stuff in as we don't want to carry a 6pack of beer on the Disney buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter