(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a non smoker person but I am curious how many smokers break the rules and :woohoo: smoke in the room or on the deck?

I would really like to know about the DSA's at CBR. Anyone have pics? Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Krissy - it really depends on which village you are in. Most of the ones I saw were along the main pathway around the lake, or behind the laundry/pool buildings. A few others have mentioned that there were courtyard locations, but I didn't see any near our room in Martinique. The ones on the pathways were not covered or sheltered in any way. Hope someone can give you more specific info.

I am a non smoker person but I am curious how many smokers break the rules and :woohoo: smoke in the room or on the deck?

I wouldn't smoke in the room anyway but I am not happy about the non smoking on the balconies, I enjoyed that .. That's why I was asking about the location of DSA's so I can request a room near them!!

I am really glad that krbq posted 2 pics of the DSA at WL. It would be nice if a few pics were posted from each resort so we would know exactly where to go and what they were near. I mean the maps are nice but lacking a little when you have a huge resort. By the way, I have never smoked in a room even though it was smoking. :smokin:

I wouldn't smoke in the room anyway but I am not happy about the non smoking on the balconies, I enjoyed that .. That's why I was asking about the location of DSA's so I can request a room near them!!

I agree, even though I am not a smoker I would think on the balconys should be ok.

I agree, even though I am not a smoker I would think on the balconys should be ok.

People cpmplained that the smoke drifted into their rooms!! I think Disney could have smoking balconies as DSA ,then non smokers wouldn't request those floors. I even suggested 4th floors of half the buildings or top floor which ever. I guarantee thay would be snapped up fast.

People cpmplained that the smoke drifted into their rooms!! I think Disney could have smoking balconies as DSA ,then non smokers wouldn't request those floors. I even suggested 4th floors of half the buildings or top floor which ever. I guarantee thay would be snapped up fast.

I thik you have a greatt idea but they might not

I posted these in more detail earlier, but I realize this is a looonnnggg thread!

POP: request the 50's, and the bldg near the walkway. there is a dsa in the middle of the 50's courtyard, and then a a few along the walkway bring bread and feed the ducks whilst you puff! the 90's has one. stay away from the 70's NO dsa at all (except the walkway.) it is nice to walk along the walkway by the lake with a cocktail, stopping at the dsa benches and reading the placards. bad point: NO cover, hey, the sesire to smoke doesn't diminish in the rain! and those bensches stay wet long after the storm blows through!!

although technically not allowed, peopl were smoking at night at tables by the quiet pools, under cover of umbrellas far away from others.

POR: smoking spots at all the quiet pools and the main pool., outside the lobby and outside the food court. one "near" the bus stops, but no way would you be able to run and catch the bus.
the main pool area was on the deck by the bar, but there was a group of umbrella covered tables nearer the pool the smokers were all using.
the quiet pools only have 2 seater benches with no cover. by bldgs 16 and 18, there were 2 umbrella tables near this bench, and all the smokers kinda made that the smoking area. I twas great everyone met and talked. and none of the nonsmokers were bothered, it was out of the way.

I posted these in more detail earlier, but I realize this is a looonnnggg thread!

POP: request the 50's, and the bldg near the walkway. there is a dsa in the middle of the 50's courtyard, and then a a few along the walkway bring bread and feed the ducks whilst you puff! the 90's has one. stay away from the 70's NO dsa at all (except the walkway.) it is nice to walk along the walkway by the lake with a cocktail, stopping at the dsa benches and reading the placards. bad point: NO cover, hey, the sesire to smoke doesn't diminish in the rain! and those bensches stay wet long after the storm blows through!!

although technically not allowed, peopl were smoking at night at tables by the quiet pools, under cover of umbrellas far away from others.

POR: smoking spots at all the quiet pools and the main pool., outside the lobby and outside the food court. one "near" the bus stops, but no way would you be able to run and catch the bus.
the main pool area was on the deck by the bar, but there was a group of umbrella covered tables nearer the pool the smokers were all using.
the quiet pools only have 2 seater benches with no cover. by bldgs 16 and 18, there were 2 umbrella tables near this bench, and all the smokers kinda made that the smoking area. I twas great everyone met and talked. and none of the nonsmokers were bothered, it was out of the way.

Thanks for the info I would like to be in the60's by the walkway !

english rose.... 60's are preferred (extra $) but please be aware. the "preferred" changed. they now have deliniated some sections of the 50s and 70s as "preferred" (the ones closest to the central area.). this amuses me since if you are on an upper floor you STILL have to walk BACK to the elevators. a no longer walk than if you were on an upper floor away from the central area (standard)(to the elevators) . not bad, if on second floor... what's one flight of stairs? no big deal, but 3rd flr?)if you want the 60s, do NOT just ask for preferred, specify 60's. just FYI

english rose.... 60's are preferred (extra $) but please be aware. the "preferred" changed. they now have deliniated some sections of the 50s and 70s as "preferred" (the ones closest to the central area.). this amuses me since if you are on an upper floor you STILL have to walk BACK to the elevators. a no longer walk than if you were on an upper floor away from the central area (standard)(to the elevators) . not bad, if on second floor... what's one flight of stairs? no big deal, but 3rd flr?)if you want the 60s, do NOT just ask for preferred, specify 60's. just FYI

Thanks Smidgy I stayed in prefered in April in the 60's. I agree a few more steps aand it was standard and you still had to walk back to elevator. I would like a lake view and I think that is standard am thinking about 1st floor ... closer to DSA

I just returned from Disney Nov 8th (I am not a smoker and am actually quite intolerant of it, but that is besides the point) and I saw people smoking everyplace. We stayed at POFQ. I saw people smoking on their balconies, we had crushed out cigarette butts right in front of our room door, I saw people smoking while walking from their rooms to the bus stop and food court, I saw people smoking at the bus stop and I saw people smoking all over the place in the parks. Not once did I see a cast member ask a person smoking to put out his/her cigarette. When we checked in to the hotel we were not told of any sort of smoking policy and the only thing that even mentioned it was on our express checkout paper that they left on our door the day we left it mentioned something about fines for people caught smoking, but we did not receive this paper until checkout day. I think this Disney no smoking policy is a joke.

A couple of recent stays:

I returned from Pop Century in September and we had a lakeside 1st floor room in the 50's (Building 3) that was very convenient to the DSA along the lake.

I also used the DSA near the bar on occasion.

I was at Ft. Wilderness in September for 2 weeks and smoked at my site outside my camper. It was allowed. I went through all of the cabin loops and I did not see anyone smoking outside their cabin, but then it was in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. I do still believe it is allowed to smoke at your cabin on the deck. There were four cabin loops completely empty.

They have removed the ashtrays on the porch at Trails End and they have also removed the ashtrays at the bus stop areas. I used a designated smoking area near the marina and used a designated smoking area at the back of the Chip and Dale Singalong and Movie. This is located near the little building where they project the movie from.

We stayed in the cabins at FW in Sept/Oct and I can confirm that you ARE allowed to smoke on the deck area outside your cabin, you'll have to supply your own ashtray though. There are also ashtrays and seats at the back entrance to the meadows trading post.
Ceri x

I think this Disney no smoking policy is a joke.

No joke - I have seen smokers caught (at CR, PORFQ, and CBR) and I have personally reported smokers (at YC). The management takes it seriously and the guests should too. Don't give smokers the impression that they'll get away with anything because they won't.

and I must say that I'm HIGHLY disappointed by the whole thing!!!.. :sick:

We plan on going down to stay at CBR in mid-Sept... hurricane season!... which means we will not only have to leave the room to smoke, in p.j.'s and slippers, but will have to put up with whatever the weather happens to be each time, since Disney doesn't seem to think we might need some shelter!... The map shows lots of DSA's, but they don't look to be located where one could get out of the wind and rain... Anyone know of any DSA's at CBR that would provide at least some sort of wind/rain cover?... :confused:

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they will somehow decide in the next nine months that it was better to have a few smoking rooms than to run everyone out into everyone else's space!... :sad2:

No joke - Don't give smokers the impression that they'll get away with anything because they won't.

Perhaps it's just the "internet", but to me it seems as if you say that with a tone as if you were speaking of sexual offenders hovering about school yard play ground.

:confused3

Perhaps it's just the "internet", but to me it seems as if you say that with a tone as if you were speaking of sexual offenders hovering about school yard play ground.

:confused3

I am aware that the written word alone can often come across sounding very different than it might if we could see the person speaking and hear the inflection in their voice. With that in mind, I didn't comment at the time of the post on the post you quoted, but yes...it came across as having the same 'tone' to me as well.

Obedient little rule follower that I am, I smoked only in the DSA’s during my last trip. However, I certainly saw smoking outside the DSA’s everywhere. The same thing has been reported time and time again by others as well. I know someone who admits she smoked in their room at Pop in September. She said she sprayed Febreeze every morning and never had anyone question her. She reasoned that the only person who could actually 'rat her out' was the maid, so she tipped very well every day. She was never fined or even questioned, so I see little point in being in denial about the reality under the current smoking regulations.

For those of us who are addicted to WDW though, we have to find a way to live with the new rules, or at least until Disney hopefully realizes that this isn’t a better system after all. Personally, I want to find a way to co-exist with non-smokers at the happiest place on earth. I don't know how to get to that point, but I do know it must start with mutual respect for each other's rights.

Very well put Darlak. I am a smoker, but certainly understand how non-smokers feel about smoke, I just don't understand their behavior. We, smokers, are not doing anything illegal - cigarettes are not an illegal substance.
However, non-smokers treat us with such disdain. I think Disney needs some changes to the DSA and we could al live more peaceably. Smokers do need a safe, clean, dry place and preferably not so far from the rooms as some people have reported. We are going in March for six weeks - it should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter