• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is there a picture of the current mugs and how do they work? How does the top work? Does it flip up?Meaning is this something that won't spill if you put in a bag or backpack? Could you actually have it filled with water in the parks?

Thanks for the information!

No, they just slip onto the opening on the top. Fit kind of tight, but not leakproof tight. You have to hold it upright to keep from leaking.

You could fill it at a water fountain in the parks.

I can't go through this entire thread and look for my questions so I'll just ask and hopefully someone's nice enough to answer without giving me any grief.

1. I have the DDP for me and DW DD5 and DS2 (DS2 isn't included in the plan I don't think) Do we get free refillable mugs?

2. If not what do they cost?

3. Are they worth the cost?

4. Where can they be used? Anypark anywhere?

Cheers

I can't go through this entire thread and look for my questions so I'll just ask and hopefully someone's nice enough to answer without giving me any grief.

1. I have the DDP for me and DW DD5 and DS2 (DS2 isn't included in the plan I don't think) Do we get free refillable mugs?

2. If not what do they cost?

3. Are they worth the cost?

4. Where can they be used? Anypark anywhere?

Cheers

I believe that for this year, mugs are free with the "Quick Service Dining Plan" & the "Deluxe Dining Plan", but not the regular dining plan which consists of 1 snack, 1 counter service credit, & 1 table service credit per person per day.

Mugs are $13.99 each & are good for coffee, tea, & whatever soft drinks are available at your resort's self-serve soda fountain. Deluxe resorts also have self-serve soda fountains in their pool areas.

The resort refillable mugs cannot be filled at the parks.

I've heard that next year, the mugs will be free with all dining plans.

If you use them often enough, then yes, they are worth the cost. They also make nice souvenirs.

so if I'm staying at a moderate resort and the wife gets free coffee anyways, I don't need to worry about getting the mug.

Why the heck wouldn't they include it with the DDP when they do with teh QSDP. That's dumb.

Or maybe I just get one mug that myself and DD5 & DS2 can share

Curious if the chipped mugs are at all resorts now. Also the unlimited refills has a 20 minutes time limit???? That doesn't seem very unlimited. We usually fill, drink and fill again to take with us on the way to the park. Also how about the refill stations by the pool. Often I fill, drink and refill before heading to our chairs.

Curious if the chipped mugs are at all resorts now. Also the unlimited refills has a 20 minutes time limit???? That doesn't seem very unlimited. We usually fill, drink and fill again to take with us on the way to the park. Also how about the refill stations by the pool. Often I fill, drink and refill before heading to our chairs.

I have not read any new reports of the chipped mugs being tested outside of All Star Sports.

The PP makes me wonder, does ASMo have a refill station by the pool??? :confused3 If so, I've never seen it. Where is it? Would love to use that vs. having to dry off and go into the foodcourt!

Seems like next year, w/ all the dining plans giving free mugs, they're going to roll this out across all hotels. We actually have REALLY old mugs that were good forever (no language of length of stay on them). Guess that deal has ended.

Any add'l info on how this test is working would be appreciated. Also, are they now going to be good for your length of stay even if you split stay to another resort? That was one drawback of the lifetime mugs, they were only for ASMo (not even Sp or Music....it was lifetime at the one resort where you made the purchase)

The PP makes me wonder, does ASMo have a refill station by the pool??? :confused3 If so, I've never seen it. Where is it? Would love to use that vs. having to dry off and go into the foodcourt!

One pool-area refill location I know about is Hurricane Hanna's at the Yacht and Beach Club. Otherwise I have not been to enough other resorts to know.

I have not been to All-Star Movies but assuming it is similar to All-Star Sports and Pop Century -- and we can assume that -- the only refill stations are inside the food court.

Seems like next year, w/ all the dining plans giving free mugs, they're going to roll this out across all hotels. We actually have REALLY old mugs that were good forever (no language of length of stay on them). Guess that deal has ended.

Any add'l info on how this test is working would be appreciated. Also, are they now going to be good for your length of stay even if you split stay to another resort? That was one drawback of the lifetime mugs, they were only for ASMo (not even Sp or Music....it was lifetime at the one resort where you made the purchase)

Only in the food court.

...We arrive in < 2wks. At this point, not sure I'm going to buy a mug. Mapping out how many times we may actually eat at the resort vs. in the parks.

You could just fill your little refrigerator with the beverages of your choice if you decide not to go with the mug.

You could just fill your little refrigerator with the beverages of your choice if you decide not to go with the mug.

Yes, that's the way I'm leaning now. :goodvibes Though I may buy 1 mug if I like the new pattern. I love having them at home. :cool1:

Does anyone know what drinks are available for the refillable mugs at Port Orleans Riverside (specifically I'm trying to figure out if they have energy drinks--I can't remember if I "saw" energy drinks at one of the resorts or if I *made it up*) Thanks all!

Does anyone know what drinks are available for the refillable mugs at Port Orleans Riverside (specifically I'm trying to figure out if they have energy drinks--I can't remember if I "saw" energy drinks at one of the resorts or if I *made it up*) Thanks all!

I thought it might be Powerade, but not "energy" drinks.

I have read through the last 10 pages of this thread and didn't find an answer so i shall ask my question. At POP Century what are the current colours of the mugs? :)

I can say that in June when we did some split stays we wound up with 12 mugs for 4 of us due to split stays and QSDP. It does seem a bit of a waste. They became souvenirs.

We get new mugs at each resort when we do split stays. Though I must say if we can't get real unlimited refills we likely won't get them at all anymore and will just hit the grocery store before going.

I have my first 4 nights as reg dine plan but then switch to dlx. Can I get my mugs the first day or will I need to wait till dlx dining kicks in?

We are dvc and purchase our own drinks to the room. Also with special diets we do not use the fountain drinks and we bring coffee we can drink ;). I am not interested in the refill station just the cups themselves with two kids and my dad on an evc if we could fill our mugs in our rooms before we leave it would be great. I will pack last years mugs if I have to but would rather not waste the suitcase space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter