(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping, wishing, praying that they get a new mug design out there by March 2013! We have 4 of the present design, from 2 trips - 2 black, 1 blue, 1 pink. I really don't want 2-3 more of the same design!

Any chance I'll get my wish?

Yes, I expect we will see a new mug design by March 2013. By early 2013, the current design will be in rotation for two years and will be due for a change.

We've never purchased these mugs before but might this time. Seeing that pic of the current ones has me asking about the lids. Particularly about how good the seal is? We have so MANY mugs on this house that the lids just stink on and I'm not sure if this style was one we had leak or not. Experiences??

Well the lids help with accidental spills and they do pretty well when mostly upright. But they are not liquid-tight because of the rotating drink-hole cover. If a mug ends up on its side or upside down, it will leak. I wouldn't put a mug with any drink inside into a bag; you'd need to keep it out.

TheRatPack said:
We always take a sharpie.....with 7 in our family (just 6 this year that are traveling) there are never enough handle/lid combinations that we can remember everyone's cup. We did narrow it down a bit last year....mom and dad got one color, boys got another color and girls got the turquoise color. Then we just had to label a few of them (on the bottom of the cup and side of the lid).

This year it sounds like they have even less colors to choose from...just 3? So maybe I'll figure out a waterproof tag or something I can tie on to the handles. We also take some Dawn soap and wash our mugs at night....so I need a label or ribbon that will withstand a week's worth of washes.

You should try colored cable ties. They come in many colors.
Dave

Well the lids help with accidental spills and they do pretty well when mostly upright. But they are not liquid-tight because of the rotating drink-hole cover. If a mug ends up on its side or upside down, it will leak. I wouldn't put a mug with any drink inside into a bag; you'd need to keep it out.
What I was thinking about is when you take a drink out of some cups, it is on it's side and they can and some do leake. So Iw as wondering how these did. If the only leak is from the drinking hole, they you have that covered (litterlly) ;). But, for instance, those Britta personal bottles. Those suckers leak all over you while you're drinking!!! Um, HELLO! I want the water IN me, not ON me.:confused:

Thanks! :flower3:

What I was thinking about is when you take a drink out of some cups, it is on it's side and they can and some do leake. So Iw as wondering how these did. If the only leak is from the drinking hole, they you have that covered (litterlly) ;). But, for instance, those Britta personal bottles. Those suckers leak all over you while you're drinking!!! Um, HELLO! I want the water IN me, not ON me.:confused:

Thanks! :flower3:

Got it! No, I find these lids, even from the current set/design, to be just fine and provide a drip-free drinking experience. Unless you get a bad one I suppose...but the ones I have snap on nice and tight.

On my recent trip to WDW I happened to be visiting the Wilderness Lodge and was looking around Roaring Forks. Anyway by their Ice Cream machine I saw a woman filling up her mug from it and there is a sign on there saying "Not for us with the Refilable Mugs." I couldn't help myself and laugh thinking wow did she not see what was written in front of her.

:rotfl:That sign is way big enough to see:lmao:Here's my funny story...So I see people at WL last week walking around with the old red, yellow and black mugs thinking to myself, are you kidding?? I know it's been a very long time since those were around. Then I saw the brown and green mugs. Finally annoyed, I mentioned something to the CM at Roaring and she told me the brown and green are lifetime mugs! What?? I have two from 1999 and told her that. She said bring them next visit. I do not recall and neither does my mom ever being told that information and we stayed at WL five times previous to this visit. Not like it matters now because of the dining plan. But when did we now have lifetime mugs available? Assuming that's the deal with the black, red, and yellow Mickey ones?:eek:

:rotflBut when did we now have lifetime mugs available? Assuming that's the deal with the black, red, and yellow Mickey ones?

The black, red, and yellow lid Celebrate Today mugs were length-of-stay mugs, that is for sure.

:rotfl:That sign is way big enough to see:lmao:Here's my funny story...So I see people at WL last week walking around with the old red, yellow and black mugs thinking to myself, are you kidding?? I know it's been a very long time since those were around. Then I saw the brown and green mugs. Finally annoyed, I mentioned something to the CM at Roaring and she told me the brown and green are lifetime mugs! What?? I have two from 1999 and told her that. She said bring them next visit. I do not recall and neither does my mom ever being told that information and we stayed at WL five times previous to this visit. Not like it matters now because of the dining plan. But when did we now have lifetime mugs available? Assuming that's the deal with the black, red, and yellow Mickey ones?:eek:

No, that CM doesn't know what she is talking about. They never had lifetime mugs except for maybe Dixie Landings when it was about to be renamed Port Orleans Riverside and would no longer be Dixie Landings. Thus, the end of the life of Dixie Landings.

I was curious - has WDW ever had limited edition holiday themed mugs? I will be spending my first ever holiday at with the Mouse this coming Christmas, at Port Orleans Riverside.

back in 08 i think, is when we had our refill mugs that were winter themed(all shades of blues). the parks had their red xmas mug(nonrefili) but we got our refillable winter themed at BW....I use that one all the time and my kids hate it! Nothing like embarassing them in the summer with a Christmas mug at the ball fields!....I am hoping for a variety of mugs this year, though I doubt it......just thought we might bring vinyl lettering(names) to add to the cups this way they know whos is whos and if one is lost we know who lost it!

After reading though many posts on this thread, and though the FAQ we're going to be buying the mugs for the first time on this trip. Hopefully we get some cool looking ones and save some money! :cool1:

Deluxe dining comes with a resort mug doesn't it? Last trip we didn't get the mug.

Were do I get one at the POLY?

Other than soda (which I don't drink) what else is available? Is water one of the options? BTW, how's the water in Orlando? I'm used to bottled mineral water and I admit I am pick with what I drink.

LucyBC80 said:
Other than soda (which I don't drink) what else is available? Is water one of the options? BTW, how's the water in Orlando? I'm used to bottled mineral water and I admit I am pick with what I drink.

Water is available at the refill stations, but you don't need a refillable mug to get it. The mugs can also be used for coffee ,tea, iced tea, lemonade, Powerade, and Punch. Each resort may have different options.

Water is available at the refill stations, but you don't need a refillable mug to get it. The mugs can also be used for coffee ,tea, iced tea, lemonade, Powerade, and Punch. Each resort may have different options.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the water is general tap water or something a litter nicer?

Were staying at A of A and I'm wondering what cup colors they are offering there?? What colors are at POP as we could just walk the bridge to get those if they have something different....

Were a group of 25 so were looking to get as much variety as possible.

Were staying at A of A and I'm wondering what cup colors they are offering there?? What colors are at POP as we could just walk the bridge to get those if they have something different....

Were a group of 25 so were looking to get as much variety as possible.

According to a picture in this post on easywdw.com, the only colors they have are black, blue and pink, which I think is probably all you're going to find anywhere.

According to a picture in this post on easywdw.com, the only colors they have are black, blue and pink, which I think is probably all you're going to find anywhere.

Thanks for the picture post. I know I saw that there was green, orange, and yellow but only saw those at ASsports so far...

Which was find when we were at the ASMusic we were going to just walk over and get the colors we wanted but now we swapped resorts I'm wondering if maybe POP might have some of the other colors too...

Thanks for the picture post. I know I saw that there was green, orange, and yellow but only saw those at ASsports so far...

Which was find when we were at the ASMusic we were going to just walk over and get the colors we wanted but now we swapped resorts I'm wondering if maybe POP might have some of the other colors too...

Last year Sports had the alternate colors tied to their RFID chip test, which has ended. Some of those colors did show up at other resorts, but that was last year.

It can't hurt to check at Pop, but it's unlikely they will have anything besides the black, blue, and pink lids/handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter