(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA about a self service mug station at BW. they have one at vero beach. and the kidani pool.
I'm sure the bartenders would agree. Im sure they don't like filling the mugs either. it takes away from their time to wait on those buying food and drinks, and I
'm sure most people don't tip. (I know there is no money changing hands with refills, but the bartender is still performing a service. I tipped them. not every refill, but every day)

I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...

The mugs I saw this weekend a much more streamlined/thinner than the original ones. But, I guess if they hold 14 oz or 12 oz. it's just a cosmetic thing.

I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...

Did you mean to ask if there was a CUP with a chip? There are chips on the standard paper cups (that you get when ordering soda) that activate the machines. You get a few refills over the course of an hour or so, and then it expires.

I don't know, it seemed to me that the machine was not working when she attempted to get soda and she placed a very small paper cup on the machine. It was my impression that the refillable mugs are the ones that have a chip in them or a bar code on them, and only THOSE can be used to get soda from the machine. I don't know whether a large paper cup has a sensor in it either for those who are going to drink soda, but don't use a refillable mug. :-)

I don't know, it seemed to me that the machine was not working when she attempted to get soda and she placed a very small paper cup on the machine. It was my impression that the refillable mugs are the ones that have a chip in them or a bar code on them, and only THOSE can be used to get soda from the machine. I don't know whether a large paper cup has a sensor in it either for those who are going to drink soda, but don't use a refillable mug. :-)

Water cups are typically very small and would not work with the machines. Standard paper cups (regular and large soda cups) are chipped and work with the machines for a limited time and a limited amount of fills.

you do NOT need to buy a refillable mug to purchase soda. not everyone buys the mugs. they give you a paper cup with a chip. and you do get a few refills.

Can we just let the cashier know that we want to purchase 14 days on our mugs--or do we need proof?

Anything over 3 days (I believe) is good for your length of stay, and will link to your reservation, ending at midnight on your last day.

Are two people allowed to share a mug?

You can, but they don't hold much, so you would be getting refills a lot and there is a time lockout (less than 3 minutes). I would find it annoying and more trouble than it's worth, but if it works for you, go for it. :goodvibes

Can we just let the cashier know that we want to purchase 14 days on our mugs--or do we need proof?

We purchased a rapid fill mug in July at the Cafe Contempo. We asked for 11 days at the cashier and she said "so length of stay" and it was activated for 14. It was not linked to our reservation at all. I think the only way it would be linked was if they were part of the DDP.

I was leaving Disney last year the day they brought in the new chip cups.

I'm staying at Pop next week. Will my mug work at AoA if we go there for a meal?

If not, we have the DDP. Can I just request a cup for a drink if using a QS credit?

I'm sorry as I'm sure this has been asked but I went back to pg 1 and there does not appear to be updates to the original post since the new mugs were brought in.

Thanks!

I've read differing rules and am hoping someone can clear this up for me. Are mugs now refillable at any resort? Same trip, just we plan to eat some CS meals at other resorts, and if we could use our mugs, that would save us buying drinks.

I've read differing rules and am hoping someone can clear this up for me. Are mugs now refillable at any resort? Same trip, just we plan to eat some CS meals at other resorts, and if we could use our mugs, that would save us buying drinks.

Were did this in Oct last year and in May earlier this year.

Once the rapidfill system took over, mugs became usable at all resorts, no matter where you purchased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter