(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my plan (if I ever run into split stay problems) I will have with me may reservations for both resorts (or all, sometimes we stay at 3 resorts). I have idsney email me reservation confiramtions.

I will have with me either the receipt for the mugs I purchased or the reservation papers for the resort that includes the DDP (with the mug).

If the new resort has not changed top RFID, no problem. Iwill just use my rfid mug and fill it.

If it has, I will go to concierge, show them all my paperwork, and insist that I am still on my single disney vacation, and theywill either reactivate the chips or give me new mugs.

I am not doing the DDP (AP holder), so that is one reason I am afraid they will give me a hassle. So I guess for now, I will hope that CB switches to RFID and YC and AKL (or Poly, I am considering switching!) do not! But, I will probably do the same and take my receipt and insist they honor it. If I pay for the full amount of days under the new system I would be upset if they do not honor it regardless of if each resort is set up on RFID. It will still be new and confusing so I imagine they will accomodate.

Read: will stomp my feet and pout if they do not ;)

AThrilling Chase: (love the name)

people who explore dif. resorts and stay at mulitple resorts generally spend more on their trips, and have longer trips than those who don't.

If someone is going to stay at one resort,it might be 7 or 10 days. split stay, ok 10 days.. .. wait a minute, let's add one day to the last resort. make it 11 days...

wait! if we add only 1 more day to the trip, we can do THREE! resorts! .. split it up, 4, 4, and 4!

see how that works?

OR! ok we can only afford a value resort. hm. ok, we can't afford the moderate for the entire stay, but what about for half of the stay?

see how that works?

example: original trip at, say CBR. 10 days. hmm, hubby starts to "tinker" what about 6 days at CBR and 4 at POLY? we could swing that.

a few weeks later.. you know, as long as we are going to be at the poly, how about the luau?

see how that works?

never underestimate how much more $ Disney makes when they allow us to "tinker" with a trip. and, believe me,tinkering always makes the trip more expensive, never cheaper.

but insist that a family of, say 4, purchase 12 mugs on a 3 way split stay (on their ONE, SINGLE disney vacation), and you just lost all that money!!!!

here is my plan (if I ever run into split stay problems) I will have with me may reservations for both resorts (or all, sometimes we stay at 3 resorts). I have idsney email me reservation confiramtions.

I will have with me either the receipt for the mugs I purchased or the reservation papers for the resort that includes the DDP (with the mug).

If the new resort has not changed top RFID, no problem. Iwill just use my rfid mug and fill it.

If it has, I will go to concierge, show them all my paperwork, and insist that I am still on my single disney vacation, and theywill either reactivate the chips or give me new mugs.

This is a good idea. We are doing a split stay starting Tuesday with Pop, and I was worried about the same thing. Since they already have the new dispensers, I think it will be more likely for Pop to change first, but I can see how it could be a problem if we were staying at BC first and they hadn't switched over yet and Pop had.

Would it be possible to list the resorts in the first post as they roll out the new mug system. Starting on Aug 31st I have 19 day 4 resort stay .... it would be really nice to be able to just check one place to see what's going on. :thumbsup2

At ASMu right now. It looks like they turned on the rapid fill here today. Water will not dispense into anything without a chip in it. Seems to be causing headaches for the poor CMs working the food court. It is HOT and there are tons of people just trying to get water. You can still ask for a water cup (its kid sized) and it gives you 3 refills, so even water is limited.

At ASMu right now. It looks like they turned on the rapid fill here today. Water will not dispense into anything without a chip in it. Seems to be causing headaches for the poor CMs working the food court. It is HOT and there are tons of people just trying to get water. You can still ask for a water cup (its kid sized) and it gives you 3 refills, so even water is limited.

Ooooh, that's not good! I'm sure the CM's are about to pull their hair out...guests too lol! Hope they fix it soon.

Just checked in so Im not sure if this has been posted yet. All star Movies has orange, purple and green rfid mugs. When I picked up our mugs they set them on scanner of sorts and loaded the length of stay option. The pop machines themselves - half are new rfid style half are old style. I filled my mug with old machine, so Im not sure if rfid is fully implemented yet. The sign by the mugs indicates they are rfid mugs. I will try to post more if any more changes happen this week.

Thanks for the info! I can't believe they didn't change the design. Like everyone else I already have sooooo many of that design I was really hoping for a new one. :sad1:

Carla

Just checked in so Im not sure if this has been posted yet. All star Movies has orange, purple and green rfid mugs. When I picked up our mugs they set them on scanner of sorts and loaded the length of stay option. The pop machines themselves - half are new rfid style half are old style. I filled my mug with old machine, so Im not sure if rfid is fully implemented yet. The sign by the mugs indicates they are rfid mugs. I will try to post more if any more changes happen this week.

Thanks! Keep us updated. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update!

New mugs are up and running all star movies all machine are rfid . There are a lot of cast members on site supervising. It worked fine, I was able to refill twice before i left food court about a ten minute span.

Just another update from ASMu. They ended up turning the rapid fill thing off at some point yesterday afternoon. We left around 6pm so not sure what happened after that. I am glad I don't work in that food court!

Just another update from ASMu. They ended up turning the rapid fill thing off at some point yesterday afternoon. We left around 6pm so not sure what happened after that. I am glad I don't work in that food court!

Oh my! Did you go thirsty?

I was at All Star Movies yesterday and the signage read ... Select the number of days you want your souvenir cup activated and enjoy refills of fountain drinks, coffee, and tea at any resort self-service beverage station. 8.99 - 1 day/11.99 -2 days/ 14.99 -3 days/17.99-length of stay. Day consists of one calendar day. Additional days are consecutive.

We'll be arriving at the Beach Club Resort on 8/18. We have plenty of the beach scene mugs from last year and the year before. I'm assuming that there are no RFID chips there yet so I could bring my old mugs and use them? I know it is not encouraged but....

I'll also be purchasing a couple just to be honest!

We'll be arriving at the Beach Club Resort on 8/18. We have plenty of the beach scene mugs from last year and the year before. I'm assuming that there are no RFID chips there yet so I could bring my old mugs and use them? I know it is not encouraged but....

I'll also be purchasing a couple just to be honest!

Actually, I was there today and one of the two dispenser units was all set up for the computer chip. It acknowledged that my mug was good until 8/26 (I had purchased the length of stay option). It filled my mug and you could view the screen that stated FILLED but it didn't cut off and Coke spilled over. A glitch I guess. I was also at Storm along Bay, Boardwalk and Pop Century and they weren't using the chip technology yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter