• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This spring I shipped some items down to Florida and put I put razors in it. When I got there the razors were gone...I know they opened it and removed the items. I wouldn't ship those type of items.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with UPS for the tracking and most of you said that UPS works well. I'm sending a box of travel toiletries to the resort so we don't have to carry them on. You can send pretty much anything through the mail right? I'm thinking that will save us a ton of headache sending travel size lotion/shampoo/travel toothbrushes and sending early to make sure it gets there. Can I send disp. razors? That's the only sharp thing. Everything will be wrapped well and secure. I couldn't believe no one wrote about this so I'm assuming there are no real restrictions.

Can I send it 3 days early just to make sure it gets there? I'm going to get to the resort on a Sunday so I want to ship so it's there on Friday.:flower3:Thanks ahead of time.

Has anyone else had a problem with razors being removed? I have a box ready to go with razors in it? Are they not allowed to be shipped?

Also, does anyone know how long they will hold the package at the front desk for?

I would first check with the USPS to see if they have a policy on shipping razors. If they do not, check with Disney to see if they open packages.

Does the CSR charge one $10 fee for everything that is delivered by Garden Grocer or is there a seperate fee for seperate items. For example if we order 3 cases of water is the charge $10 or $30?

Thanks

thanks for the thread and all the info!!!! I have shipped boxes thru UPS several times...toiletries,snacks, diapers...it's always there when we arrive and I have never had anything tampered with. I ship our razors also, but they are in the package unopened from the store, so maybe that is why? that would be awful to pack something and then find it gone!!!!:scared1:
My concern this year is gonna be shipping the souvies home...would love to have it all shipped in one box and not pay fees for individual items. Of course, after reading this, I now want to ship our luggage too!!:rotfl: It costs us $25 per piece each way, so we usually pay $200 or $250 in luggage fees anyway!!

We are getting there on Tuesday to POP.
If I wanted to order from Garden Grocer, is it best to just order Tuesday and then have it arrive Wednesday? Or should I order Monday so it's there when I get there Tuesday? If so, is it ok for Garden Grocer if I don't give my room # (I won't know it a day before arriving)?

Edit: I ordered Garden Grocer, it's 4 weeks until our trip but wanted to get it done with. GG said to order as soon as possible as August spots are filling up.
Anyways got it delivered to the resort the day we're arriving and will hold if we're not there yet.
Can't wait!

I have had packages shipped down several times. At Boardwalk (Inn and Villas) - my packages were in my room waiting for me. At SSR - it was at the front desk. Never had a fee.

We are staying at BLT in August - and planned on shipping snacks, pool toys (from the Dollar store - we then give them away on our last day), suncreen etc. We are using wegoshop for our beverages and fruit. My husband thinks it is silly, but I prefer it that way. Costs me very little to UPS a box down, then I know I have my snacks for the kids. What ever is left - stays there.

As for the question about calling garden grocer the day before you arrive - I would call sooner. They set up a schedule for shopping and delivering and they may be booked. I order that stuff about 3-4 weeks before our trip - and schedule a delivery time (we order beer - so wegoshop would like us to sign for it personally). So- they might be busy - but maybe not. Good luck.
Sue

On vacation right now at Yacht Club. At the last minute I needed something shipped to me at the resort because it was backordered and would not arrive at my home before we left for vacation. I specifically called the supplier and asked that the items be shipped UPS. They did that for me. When I arrived there was nothing at the desk and no mention of packages. I stopped at the front desk the next day to ask about these items and was informed I needed t check with the converntion center as all packages are now delivered there. I mentioned that in the past I had things shipped to POR and they were waiting for me at the desk upon check in. I was summarily "dismissed" by the front desk staff. They did not want to even know my name they said if I was expecting a package I need to go to the convention center. I was a little aggravated and cast member, I am guessing with guest relations realized this and asked me what happened. She then called the business office to ask if my packages were there, and they were. I walked to the convention center and signed for them and had to pay a fee for each package. The cast member who helped me to find out if the business center even had my packages told me that Disney had recently changed their methods of handling packages and anything shipped UPS or FED EX went to the convention center and anything shipped by US mail would arrive at the front desk!

thymed,
Thanks stinks! I hate it when front desk people are rude...

I was just at SSR in March - and the front desk CM was very kind and had my UPS package at the front desk for me. But, things could have changed since then. (change happens, right?)

Or - maybe since Yacht and Beach Club are a "convention" resorts, that could be the issue as well. I hope that is not the case in August when we go to BLT. I was planning on shipping a box...
Sue

Do the resorts charge a fee to have things delivered by Garden Grocer?

Thanks for the information. I am planning on having a copy of Guide to the Magic for Kids sent to POR to be waiting for me on arrival. It will make a nice welcome surprise for my DDs ages 8 and 10. It will cost me only $5 to send it to the resort but more than $20 to send it to my home address in Canada to bring with me. Can't wait!

In case anyone was wondering. I just called POP today and asked them about shipping to the resort. They said they would be happy to accept packages for us and the packages would be available at the front desk at no cost.
I was told to be sure the package is sent in care of the name on the ressie as well as the check-in date. And after that,she wished me a magical day.
I love calling Disney.:goodvibes

This thread has tons of great info - thanks!

I'm looking to ship a package from an online retailer to the Boardwalk Villas when I'm there in September, and although the package is sent via Streamlite, it is then given to USPS and the final part of the package's journey is done by USPS. There's no way to avoid this or have it shipped via a different company.

Other posters had said that their USPS packages did indeed arrive at their hotels -- does it just take longer due to having to go through Disney's processing facility? If I allow an extra week, would that be sufficient? Living in Canada, having the option to order products from a company that won't ship to Canada is an exciting possibility.

Any help or experiences shipping to the resorts via USPS would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Stupid question...We are going to Bay Lake Tower and I just want to make sure I use the Contemporary address, right? There is no separate address? Thanks for answering stupid questions! :lmao:

Does anyone know how long in advance you can order something online and have it shipped to your resort?
I have gone through this whole thread and seen the same question asked several times but no answers.

Does anyone know how long in advance you can order something online and have it shipped to your resort?
I have gone through this whole thread and seen the same question asked several times but no answers.

I ordered water from Staples in 2006 online and it came just fine.

I guess what I meant was how long will they hold the pkg for you before you check in. We check in in 18 days and there are a few things I wanted to have shipped to the resort and I am wondering how long I should wait to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter