(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same question as Kevallen. My daughter's special formula is hard to find in grocery stores and it is not available from Gardengrocer.com
I can get it from Amazon with free prime shipping which comes UPS. We will be staying at Boardwalk Villas with a cash reservation next month so I was going to send it about a week ahead of time. If I call to make sure it arrives will they be able to tell me?

The diapers and baby food we use are not available through Garden Grocer. I was wondering about shipping to the resort using Amazon Prime.

The diapers and baby food we use are not available through Garden Grocer. I was wondering about shipping to the resort using Amazon Prime.

I posted a few posts back...We leave in two days, and my DD2 is tube fed I shipped her Pedisure (45 cans) via UPS on March 30th straight to the resort. It cost a litle less than $30 and arrived there today, April 4th.
:thumbsup2
I also orderd her diapers on Amazon with 2-day Prime shipping. I placed the order on the 1st and it says delivery will be by end of day on the 5th. Unfortunately, the tracking isn't working for this one. I tried calling UPS, and all they can tell me is that they processed the label for shipment. Amazon says that they don't know where in transit it is, just that it is scheduled to be there by the 5th and guaranteed by the end of the day on the 7th.
:scared:
I'll let you know how it works out!

We never rent a car when traveling to WDW and just use a car service. It is much more affordable if you're never leaving WDW. If you go this route, your driver will happily stop at a grocery store for 30 minutes enroute to your Disney hotel! No extra charge. We load up on groceries -espeiclaly the heavy stuff and away we go! I reccommend it.
Sweet Jasmine Place

Hi everyone..we are traveling in August (2011) with a 7 month old so the plan is to ship all of the goodies for our child, which is ALOT, directly to the resort since we are flying. Since we are staying at BLT I know it will get shipped to the Comp. resort. Do you know how much it is per package to have a box delivered? Im hoping everything fits in at least 2 boxes since we are ordering everything (diapers, wipes, bottled water, swim diapers, etc. etc.)
We are ordering from Amazon.com so the shipping is 2 days and its free for us. Thanks

I leave for WDW in 4 days and am staying at BLT. I used my Amazon Prime account to have all my 10 month old's diapers, wipes etc shipped over there. I'll come back to this thread when we get back and let you know how it worked.

For those of you who have shipped luggage, how was it getting everything back home? I am staying at POFQ and need to get my stuff to a convention center (Coronado Springs I think is the closest) and ship from there, right?

Just purchased a case of water from Amazon with the 2-day Prime delivery and have it headed to Pop, scheduled arrival 5/25 (We are coming 5/26).

I assume since its the 2-day delivery they will be using UPS/FedEx and not USPS? Anyone have experience sending something with the 2-day Amazon Prime delivery?

Tell me if I'm correct....If it comes via UPS/FedEx it should be waiting at Bell Services, but if is came via USPS the package will be at some P.O. Box and I'll have to arrange for a delivery time to my room?

Hoping it's the earlier....don't have any time to be sitting around the room waiting for a package! Was planning on just picking it up when we check in at around midnight the night of 5/26 and being done with it.

Just an FYI, there can be a fee for handling your package depending on the resort. I've had items shipped from Amazon many times to Carribean Beach, Contemporary, and Beach Club Villas. Out of these three, BCV is the only one that charged me the 7 dollar fee for handling the package. CR and CBR gladly delivered my package to my room with no charge added onto the room. YMMV so please be sure to call and check with your resort.

The OP should add that to their post. I was a bit peeved at having to pay for my package when UPS did the work of delivering it, however, the delivery boy said that all the packages for those resorts (i'm guessing Epcot resorts) get delivered to one central location and then sent off to the resorts, so the recipient ends up paying.

I am looking forward to hearing from the people who had diapers delivered from Amazon.com. I am thinking about doing this however, I am nervous that something will go wrong and I will be stick in Disney without diapers and transportation. Thanks!

Great thread! Thanks so much for the info. I read through the whole thread, but I still don't see an answer on this:

If you ship your luggage to the resort (POLY for us) via UPS, how do you ship it home?

Thanks!!

Great thread! Thanks so much for the info. I read through the whole thread, but I still don't see an answer on this:

If you ship your luggage to the resort (POLY for us) via UPS, how do you ship it home?

Thanks!!

I have read the whole thread too.

To ship your luggage back - I have read to pre-pay at the same time you ship for the return labels. Keep the box you shipped it in when you reclaim it at the resort. Pack it back up and put on the new label. The unanswered part is where the UPS drop off location would be. Since UPS delivers directly to the resort. I see no reason why you could not schedule a pick up at the resort. You could schedule that pick up when you pay for the return labels. Otherwise, you can conduct a search for UPS drop off locations at their website, using the zip code of all the resorts found on the first post. I am bringing carry-on luggage for our family and shipping/ordering the rest.

Another unanswered question is what Amazon shipping vendor is used for 2 day, which I would guess could be different every time as USPS also has 2 day deliveries just like UPS or FEDEX.

Thank you for this sticky thread. :worship:

(if this has already been addressed, I apologize)
Due to special dietary requirements, it looks like I'll be ordering groceries to the resort. I plan to stay at CBR; does anyone know if I'd have problems if I set up my order so that it's supposed to arrive at the resort just before/as I do? (I'm thinking we should arrive at CBR around noon-ish) It would be almost all refrigerated items, and in mid-September I'd like to get them safely tucked into the room fridge!
And has anyone ordered fruits/vegetables; is the quality decent? I'd hate to order a bunch of apples and receive stuff I wouldn't pick out for myself in the grocery store!

We used WeGoShop when we stayed at CBR. We ordered bananas and grapes and apples (possibly more fruit, can't recall at the moment) and had no issue with quality that I can remember. The groceries were in the Bell Services area (cold stuff refrigerated) but DH was anxious to get the food in the room, and we were close to the Custom House, so DH grabbed a luggage cart, put our groceries on there, and he and ds wheeled it over to our room :lmao:(Aruba, so not that far).

How long before your arrival can you ship things to the resort - how long will they hold them for you?

Anyone have experience shipping baby supplies such as food and diapers from home to the Wilderness Lodge? Were about 80 days away from our trip and wanted to hear other people experience with this particular resort. What is the address of the Wilderness Lodge to send my package to? Approximately how many days in advance do I need to ship the package?

thanks,

Sorry, no shipping experience but the address of Wilderness Lodge is 901 Timberline Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Phone (407) 824-3200. You can check with the hotel directly.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with UPS for the tracking and most of you said that UPS works well. I'm sending a box of travel toiletries to the resort so we don't have to carry them on. You can send pretty much anything through the mail right? I'm thinking that will save us a ton of headache sending travel size lotion/shampoo/travel toothbrushes and sending early to make sure it gets there. Can I send disp. razors? That's the only sharp thing. Everything will be wrapped well and secure. I couldn't believe no one wrote about this so I'm assuming there are no real restrictions.

Can I send it 3 days early just to make sure it gets there? I'm going to get to the resort on a Sunday so I want to ship so it's there on Friday.:flower3:Thanks ahead of time.

Just placed my first gardengrocer order for our upcoming trip.

Pretty smooth, but it kept doing odd things to my cart.

$12.00 delivery + 1.99 surcharge + gratuity

I think it is still worth it

(plus the prices seem to be about 30% more than I normally pay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter