(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heather13

heather13 DIS Veteran

GrandCalifornian - thanks so much for your detailed advice and report. So helpful!

And Kathymford - glad to hear you'd do a "no busses" vacation again! We have a week there (longer than we've ever had) so I'll need to keep in mind that our trip is designed to be relaxing! Not rushed (except for one morning ADR). I'm eager now to try the variety of different routes. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Kook~ After my explaining to sooooo many people how amazing WL CL is...the obvious question became...WHY are we not staying there???

Well, the question is no more!!! We will be returning HOME to the OFC from 4/18/13-4/28/13.

Go ahead, put it in the Lodger's Log. It's happening. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

4. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Welcome home! You knew your heart belonged here :)

(KOOK maybe you should add it to the log in pencil ;) )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:goodvibes :hug:

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

We don't like the DP because it isn't a good value for us. We liked the DP in its original form when it included an appetizer and the tip, but we find it's a much better value for us to pay OOP for say, one QS/day and use our TIW for one TS meal. We spend less than the DP, get exactly what we want and never feel compelled to eat because we've pre-paid. I like the flexibility of TIW, but we really get our money's worth out of it. If you're not going to spend at least $375 in TS meals, as Deb & Bill posted, you won't break-even. To get make your $75 back, you need to spend at least $375 and then you would have saved $75 (20% off).

Just 3 weeks?! I feel like you were just there taking all those photos on that nice woman's phone:worship:

:yay:

:welcome:

I've been fortunate to be able to book WL/CL (and others) for years using the 40% military discount. I've also seen it available for AP and general public discounts. But, I've never seen the Deluxe room available with a discount.

:wave2:

:yay: You came to your senses:thumbsup2

I shall enscribe your dates into the LL, however, I shall use the same magical erasing ink I used for pas130's entry - just in case;)

Sage advice::yes::

7. Bisoubird

Bisoubird Earning My Ears

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it... Where at WL can I pick up my Photopass+ card once we arrive? 52 days till we arrive!! :cool1:

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Hi, KOOK :wave:.

9. yolie912

yolie912 DIS Veteran

This thread is just great! Thanks for all the great tips.:thumbsup2

I am torn if I should go to the MVMCP. I will be there Dec 19-26. If I am
    going to see the same parade and fireworks later on it really doesn't make sense. Would you guys go? :confused3

10. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Do you have the voucher from the pre-pay?

We took our voucher to the Photopass place in MK on Main Street to trade that in for the actual pass.

You could also do it at the Photopass kiosks at Poly or GF but those have limited operating hours.

11. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Is it the same parade and fireworks? I would assume it is like MNSSHP and it's different. But I have yet to attend at Christmas...YET.

12. Bisoubird

Bisoubird Earning My Ears

Yes, we have the voucher. Someone told me that I could get it at WL...is that not true?

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

As of July when we were there, there was no Photopass kiosk at WL.

14. TinkPirateMom

TinkPirateMom DIS Veteran

Sorry I couldn't check in the past 2 days, but just wanted to say thanks, Kook! You always have the answers to my WL questions:) I'm getting more and more excited by the day. Just waiting on my Mickey Mail...

15. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Lately, because of the kids schedules, we are at wdw during blackout dates. We are booked WL OFC during T'giving week, I have called a couple of times to ck on something and then also asked if there were any discounts I could use...the answer has always been no. Last week, I called to drop the dining plan from our package and while talking to the cm, she said let me take a look at something and we ended up with 300- off, better than a kick in he head :)

16. heather13

heather13 DIS Veteran

The MVMCP parade is different than the one during the day. We haven't been but I have pictures of it on our photopass CD from a few years ago (it looks amazing!).
    Not positive about the fireworks but I suspect they're different too.

17. nuts4elid

nuts4elid Earning My Ears

Just curious... Does anyone know if the laundry facility was updated during the recent renovations?

18. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

In August, we were told we had to go to one of the parks. We were at the MK so we went to the photo shop at the entrance. The CM was very nice, but forgot to punch the month. We used it many times that way (we didn't even notice the error), until we tried to get our EE photos and the CM there would not allow us because the month had not been punched. She made phone calls and finally put the photos on the card. It was a rather unpleasant experience with her, treating us as if we were stealing digital EE photos. We then had to take the card to the entrance at AK and get the month punched.
    That was great that you got the discount:). Is it possible the discount wasn't available when you first asked? Sometimes it pays to call back - good work:thumbsup2

I'm so glad you're getting more excited - just about a month to go:yay:

I used it in August and no changes had been made.

19. EmmaMagsMom

EmmaMagsMom Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the Halloween schedule for WL has been posted? We were there last year and my girls loved all the activities. I was just curious about the times of the activities so we can plan the day. Thanks so much! We can't wait to return in 26 more days. But who is counting ? :)

20. stoneyloon

stoneyloon Mouseketeer

Me! Only 8 days to go!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

21. skriegerjr

skriegerjr Monorail Maven

Lucky! 35 for us, our first deluxe stay, after many visits to WL in the past! Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.