(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4disneygenerations

4disneygenerations Mouseketeer

Thank you. Is there a separate number for the bounce back or do I just call Disney reservations?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Alice28

Alice28 DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki

Anyone know of any pics anywhere of the Yosemite Suite since the re-hab of the rooms?

Gonna be there in 23 days! :cool1:

4. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

It is a number for BB, usually an extension called from the room phone - but quite sure my friend called resort reservations and spoke with guest service.

Good luck!

5. 4disneygenerations

4disneygenerations Mouseketeer

Thanks anyway Minnie&Nana, but reseravtions told me that not all rooms get the bounce back offer so they could not honor my request:sad: Well all I can do now is hope for an offer for next August. We'll see.

6. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

We had a bounce back offer in our room but there wasn't one in my parents' room that was connecting and booked at the same time. I do think they sometimes just don't end up setting down a flyer.
    Our bounce back was for free dining on Magic Your Way packages that include theme park tickets for stays most nights 8/18-9/26/13. My wife called while we were waiting for a bus back from Epcot. We booked a 10 night WL stay with the hope that we can make it happen, and knowing that we can modify it and keep the free dining as long as we paid the deposit before we checked out.
    For those of you still there who didn't get a flyer, the number to call was Ext. 8844 or 407-939-1923 and it said to ask for code H8B.

7. R2-JD

R2-JD It was all started by Walt Disney!

Here is the new WCC dinner menu that became effective today.

[​IMG]

JD

8. R2-JD

Some Lodge pics from today:

[​IMG]
    It poured heavily today around 2 o'clock and this wasn't the worst of it.

After the rain stopped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good night.

JD and Luvgoldens

9. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Great shot of the rain. As soon as we checked into BWV the downpour started. Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't have left. Lol. At least it cleared up after that. Your "after" shots are great!

10. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

thanks for the new menus! I must say that I am very disappointed that they excluded the pulled pork from the dinner menu. To me it now sounds like a rather bland offering with very little character. Lunch looks good though - I had always considered lunch, but since the lunch skillet was not as filled as the dinner one, I always preferred the dinner menu...

I am just sad as it seems such an obvious money saving decision - without taking guest needs into concern.

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Great info. for everyone - thanks!

Minnie&Nana: I had always heard that you HAD to book the BB before check-out, so thank you for confirming that your friend did it after check-out. I know many report that the housekeepers often 'forget' to put them in some rooms.
    Perfect - I'm going to put it on the first page later with credit to you, of course. Thanks!

Thanks so much for bringing all of us back 'home' today:goodvibes

Previously, the brisket wasn't served at lunch, but it was at dinner and now no pulled pork or brisket at dinner, instead it's a strip loin:confused3. And, it used to be about $29, now it's $33! TE was great before, but this really makes Trail's End even more appealing. WCC is lots of fun, but these changes aren't.

I think Disney often figures that new guests won't have any idea how much things used to cost or how it used to be before changes were made. This especially angers guests who have been loyal visitors and have vacationed at WDW many times.

12. R2-JD

[​IMG]
    I love this place! :goodvibes

JD

13. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

Good morning!!!

Thank you, I really needed this to brighten my day. :love:

14. R2-JD

Ooooooohhhh so it's your fault we have had rain for the first two days... Just kidding. Luckily on Tuesday it stopped for MNSSHP and yesterday it was just the massive downpour for a short while in the afternoon. Otherwise the weather is fine. Thanks for the comment on the after after shots.

No worries. Glad to help. I still need to get a better shot of the lunch menu as well. If you want Kook I can take much higher resolution pics of both.

JD

15. R2-JD

You're welcome! :)

JD

16. CaliKT

CaliKT Mouseketeer

I'm loving these great shots!

17. StEpHandMiKe<3Disney

StEpHandMiKe<3Disney DIS Veteran

Great pics today y'all! I have 8 more sleeps and I'll be at home! The anticipation of our room assignment is huge! Has anyone ever seen on their ressie, I think it was 4 days before our trip, we were upgraded from standard to woods. Didn't know if you could see if you were lucky enough to get pixie dust!

18. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

Was this taken with a panoramic option? It is a wonderful photo.

19. jenny-d

jenny-d Mouseketeer

does anyone know why WL was excluded from the fall discounts? I'm really hoping that does not happen if they ever release discounts for January!!! :cool1:

20. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Yes, but how long will they be able to recruit new guests. I truly love Disney - otherwise I would not have bought DVC :goodvibes - but sometimes I do get frustrated with the way they run their business currently. :confused3

21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

WDW releases discounts to fill unreserved rooms. Most likely WL was not suffering from a lack of reservations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.