(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo cute, AngiTN!

Our resort changin' friend, pas130 has made a switch from the Honeymoon Suite back to a CSR CL room, so off to try to erase my Sharpie I go...

ETA: Just noticed we don't have any April Lodgers logged:listen:

Us too! We'll be there April 11-15! :cool1:

I have just a couple questions today....Has anyone been able to get a late check out? Has anyone Upgraded to club level at check in ( paying for it... I'm not trying to get a free upgrade.. I'm thinking about seeing if we can upgrade at check in... Just wondering if anyone has done this and apx what they charged a night. I might go ahead and just book cl if they end up offering a discount later. Thanks :)

I have just a couple questions today....Has anyone been able to get a late check out? Has anyone Upgraded to club level at check in ( paying for it... I'm not trying to get a free upgrade.. I'm thinking about seeing if we can upgrade at check in... Just wondering if anyone has done this and apx what they charged a night. I might go ahead and just book cl if they end up offering a discount later. Thanks :)

Yes, we got a late check out on the day we checked out. It was only 1 hour but that's all I asked for. Probably could have gotten later if I'd wanted.

We were in club level but it's what I booked before arrival so no idea about doing it at check in. Honestly, it would be better to do it ahead of time since they do some things to get stuff ready for you that they couldn't do if you didn't have it booked already.

Hi All!
I've been a watcher on here for a few months but am happy to report that we just booked our honeymoon vacation at the Wilderness Lodge!

As this is a big splurge for us (we normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside), we can't afford the "honeymoon suite" so I booked a woods view. I had read that the north side lobby woods view has a chance of seeing the tippity top of the castle…am I able to request this now? Or is there a certain time in which I put in a request.

I'm so excited! Thank you in advance for ANY information given! princess:

meggimouse said:
am I able to request this now? Or is there a certain time in which I put in a request.

Welcome to the DIS and congrats on your upcoming wedding/ disneymoon! You can add your request anytime from now until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

Hi All!
I've been a watcher on here for a few months but am happy to report that we just booked our honeymoon vacation at the Wilderness Lodge!

As this is a big splurge for us (we normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside), we can't afford the "honeymoon suite" so I booked a woods view. I had read that the north side lobby woods view has a chance of seeing the tippity top of the castle…am I able to request this now? Or is there a certain time in which I put in a request.

Congratulations!

We could see the castle, the whole castle, from our 6th floor woods view room. I had put in my request when I was talking to a CM about our reservation. I had requested 5th floor or higher.

Did I post this yet? I have PDD - Post Disney Dememtia!

018_zps1aa4b01b.jpg

019_zpsd60ff28d.jpg

Hi All!

As this is a big splurge for us (we normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside), we can't afford the "honeymoon suite" so I booked a woods view. I had read that the north side lobby woods view has a chance of seeing the tippity top of the castle&am I able to request this now? Or is there a certain time in which I put in a request.

Meggimouse Congrats!

We will be honeymooning at Wilderness Lodge this June for 8 days and staying in a honeymoon suite. We requested a honeymoon room on the North Side. While not fully guaranteed they said they would try their best to accommodate the request. The North side is the side with the views of MK. I would request a room on the upper floor on floor 5 or 6. Also listed below is my honeymoon itinerary thread if you want to read it for any suggestions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090

Hi All!

Congrats. We have done woods view for a few years now. After I make my reservation I call and put the request for above the 3rd floor facing the otter pond. We were able to see the Castle through the trees and have watch Wishes from the balcony.

That's cause we're not in your log!
My new wife and I will be in one of the four honeymoon rooms from Apr 24 until Apr 28. On the 28th, we're resort jumping to GF.

My pre-trip report is on the honeymoon forum. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link.
You are now! I have to go find your PTR:hyper:

Us too! We'll be there April 11-15! :cool1:
You've been logged!

Late check-outs are ultimately up to housekeeping, I believe. Best to let them know as far in advance as you can, after you check-in, so that it can noted in your reservation and a decision can be made.

As was suggested, it's best to book the room you really want before you arrive. After arrival, if it's available, you will be charged the difference between what you paid and the current rack rate for the CL room.

Hi All!

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread and congratulations! I think your questions have been answered so feel to let us know if you have any other questions.

Did I post this yet? I have PDD - Post Disney Dememtia!
PDD?! The only cure is to go back in like, hmmm, a month:rolleyes1

Beautiful bowl of oats there:thumbsup2

Meggimouse Congrats!

We will be honeymooning at Wilderness Lodge this June for 8 days and staying in a honeymoon suite. We requested a honeymoon room on the North Side. While not fully guaranteed they said they would try their best to accommodate the request. The North side is the side with the views of MK. I would request a room on the upper floor on floor 5 or 6. Also listed below is my honeymoon itinerary thread if you want to read it for any suggestions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090
Your wedding is coming up soon::yes::

Oooo, another Honeymoon PTR for later:goodvibes

Well, we changed our WL reservation. Still going from 11/17 thru 11/23, but instead of CL we are back into a 1 bedroom Villa.

Started thinking of space, money, ect. We are saving money moving back to the 1 bedroom with the AAA rate. Plus now we are going from 340 sq feet to 814 sq ft. Plus a full size kitchen and the washer and dryer.

Well, we changed our WL reservation. Still going from 11/17 thru 11/23, but instead of CL we are back into a 1 bedroom Villa.

Started thinking of space, money, ect. We are saving money moving back to the 1 bedroom with the AAA rate. Plus now we are going from 340 sq feet to 814 sq ft. Plus a full size kitchen and the washer and dryer.

I think you made a wise choice! As much as I LOVED LOVED LOVED WL CL, a standard room is just way to small for our family. I fell in love with the grounds of the villas. My boys stopped to play a game of checkers in one of the sitting areas off the lobby. I could have sat there relaxing all day!

Since the Deluxe CL rooms at WL are never discounted, they're out of my price range. We will go with a 1BR at VWL next time for the space - and beautiful setting.

That's not to say I won't be back to WL with the ladies! :thumbsup2

I think you made a wise choice! As much as I LOVED LOVED LOVED WL CL, a standard room is just way to small for our family. I fell in love with the grounds of the villas. My boys stopped to play a game of checkers in one of the sitting areas off the lobby. I could have sat there relaxing all day!

Since the Deluxe CL rooms at WL are never discounted, they're out of my price range. We will go with a 1BR at VWL next time for the space - and beautiful setting.

That's not to say I won't be back to WL with the ladies! :thumbsup2

:) I think we made a good move in switching to the Villas. We also LOVE WL CL, but the rooms are just too small at this point for us.

We are only a family of 3 (my mother, my son, and I), but my son needs a lot of space. He is getting taller by the second I think, and his Autism gives him little quirks like spinning, flapping hands, and especially pacing. The extra square footage will save my mother and I from getting run over!

I am also getting very excited with the prospect of bringing home no dirty laundry and doing it all there before we leave!

Will definitely have to find the sitting area with checkers, thanks for the idea!

:) I think we made a good move in switching to the Villas. We also LOVE WL CL, but the rooms are just too small at this point for us.

We are only a family of 3 (my mother, my son, and I), but my son needs a lot of space. He is getting taller by the second I think, and his Autism gives him little quirks like spinning, flapping hands, and especially pacing. The extra square footage will save my mother and I from getting run over!

I am also getting very excited with the prospect of bringing home no dirty laundry and doing it all there before we leave!

Will definitely have to find the sitting area with checkers, thanks for the idea!

The area with the checkers table is to the right when you walk in the main doors. There's a HUGE area for loungnig & relaxing, a beautiful fireplace with several sitting areas. We were there for 45 min. & not one other person came in that area. Total peace & quiet!

032_zpsb661d1b4.jpg

033_zps7484bfcd.jpg

035_zps6c55ebf9.jpg

036_zps6b768d2e.jpg

034_zps7b74cfb1.jpg

Do the Villas 1 bedroom have a two queen option in the bedroom?
The one bedroom villa has a king in the master and a queen sofa sleeper in the living room. it sleeps four.
I'm not aware of any DVC villas with 2 queens in a 1-BR master, they all have a king in the master. Are there any? Anyone?

As far as I know, all the one bedroom villas have a king bed in the master bedroom. I think that OKW and AKV have a sleeper chair along with the queen sofa sleeper in the LR and sleeps five.

I did notice that the 2 bedroom villa at VWL has two queen beds in the second bedroom. At least that is what they are showing on the website. Isn't that new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter