(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a day at FTW might be nice;). You could walk over to TE and take a trail ride or rent some bikes or maybe a Sea Raycer:confused3

We were at FtW for the first time ever for HDDR. I love it over there. I've always been in love with the woods. It probably has something to do with happy childhood memories of staying at grandma's cabin in the woods. Anyway, I tried to get DH over there a second time last month by getting an ADR at Trail's End. The morning of the reservation he told me he didn't want to go there and I had to cancel it. :sad1: But maybe I can try again next trip. :scratchin

We've been at wdw 3 of the last 4 Thanksgiving weeks...it is practically a 9 or 10 the whole week until the Sunday after thanksgiving. We didn't have any issues, as we knew what to expect, and pretty much went with the flow. It got us ready for the crazy crowds when we went with the band the week between Christmas and New Years and helped us say, yes we can go for 10 days around the 4th of July... something I never thought I would say! Have fun planning

Thanks for letting me know about Thanksgiving weekend. That will be nice if Sunday clears out a little. It will also help knowing ahead of time that we'll have to deal with crowds. We weren't expecting the crowds when we went last month, I guess Disney was surprised, too. All those plans I had made expecting low crowds just went to waste. This time I'll be prepared. :)

Wood Nymph said:
We were at FtW for the first time ever for HDDR. I love it over there. I've always been in love with the woods. It probably has something to do with happy childhood memories of staying at grandma's cabin in the woods. Anyway, I tried to get DH over there a second time last month by getting an ADR at Trail's End. The morning of the reservation he told me he didn't want to go there and I had to cancel it. :sad1: But maybe I can try again next trip. :scratchin

That's so funny about trails end... I booked it a few trips ago as I "often overlooked place"...my family was like "add to the list" and now it's a must for dinner :)

That's so funny about trails end... I booked it a few trips ago as I "often overlooked place"...my family was like "add to the list" and now it's a must for dinner :)

I think if I can finally get DH to go there, he will like it. He just hates chicken, so I have to get around that issue. ;)

Wood Nymph said:
I think if I can finally get DH to go there, he will like it. He just hates chicken, so I have to get around that issue. ;)

I don't think any of us even get chicken :)

This 1987 FTW photo is from Disney Parks Blog. They'd like you to "Caption This":

ghi906398LARGE.gif

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

KOOK! Now that my Feb trip is over, you can add us to the Lodger's Log. Count us in at VWL from Dec 6 - Dec 13th. I may cut some dates, but I had to get my reservation in!! Yay. First Christmas at WDW trip!

KOOK! Now that my Feb trip is over, you can add us to the Lodger's Log. Count us in at VWL from Dec 6 - Dec 13th. I may cut some dates, but I had to get my reservation in!! Yay. First Christmas at WDW trip!
Kathy! That's great and I'd be happy to add you. You're going to love all the decorations. Are you in a one bedroom? VWL will be sooooo cozy for December:goodvibes

Now, why no captions, Lodgers?! They just announced a winter storm warning here for midnight till 0300 THURSDAY... So I should have plenty of time to come up with something:scratchin

BBQ Pork Ribs Mmmmmm. :thumbsup2
DH loves those ribs, too and declared them the best on-property and I read your post as if Homer Simpson was saying it...

What's also GREAT is the pulled pork Eggs Benedict in the breakfast buffet:

IMG_2501.jpg

And the Sticky Bun sundae:

IMG_0641-1.jpg

Well, if no one wants to caption Chip 'N Dale, how about this guy? He looks like he has a lot on his mind:

IMG_2500.jpg

reagansdaddy said:
The discussion of schedules has prompted a question for me.

We are planning one "park-free" day during our stay to simply relax and unwind after a couple of days at the Magic Kingdom and before hitting EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. I'd like to take the family to Beaches and Cream for an afternoon ice cream treat on that day. Using Disney transportation, what would be the best way to get from WL to the Yacht Club?

Thanks! Only 110 more days for us! :)

We did that andhow we did it was to go to the first theme park or downtown disney amd from there connected to beach club! Its totally worth going and waiting, lots of fun!

DH loves those ribs, too and declared them the best on-property and I read your post as if Homer Simpson was saying it...

What's also GREAT is the pulled pork Eggs Benedict in the breakfast buffet:

IMG_2501.jpg

And the Sticky Bun sundae:

IMG_0641-1.jpg

WOW~ You had me at the dessert! Of course! LOL

2 quick questions....

We're currently booked for a 9-night stay at POR in April, but using an AP discount, would love to spend our last 2 nights (4/19 and 4/20) at WL. I was just told that there are no standard-view rooms available (which is what we'd want), and the rate I was quoted for a courtyard view seemed awfully high. When I played with a calculator, it seemed like a pretty small discount (about 15%). Aren't all deluxes 35% off during this period? If this is the case, would it be any use to keep trying daily to find standard rooms?

Any thoughts?

WOW~ You had me at the dessert! Of course! LOL
:hug:So nice to have you stop by - how are you? That SB Sundae was wonderful, I had it at lunch. I've really enjoyed all three meals they serve at TE. I have seen where they get mixed reviews, but honestly, we've had great dining experiences there over the past year.

2 quick questions....

We're currently booked for a 9-night stay at POR in April, but using an AP discount, would love to spend our last 2 nights (4/19 and 4/20) at WL. I was just told that there are no standard-view rooms available (which is what we'd want), and the rate I was quoted for a courtyard view seemed awfully high. When I played with a calculator, it seemed like a pretty small discount (about 15%). Aren't all deluxes 35% off during this period? If this is the case, would it be any use to keep trying daily to find standard rooms?

Any thoughts?
The AP rate should be 35% off. Tax is another 12% and they may have included trip insurance and possibly a bunk:confused3. You can check the exact AP rate for your dates and room availability on their booking site. I have a link in the first page to current rack rates. You can take 35% off rack then compare to the price on the AP booking site.

What 'cha talkin' bout Willis?

HA!! That reminds me that someone's tag on the DIS is "I'm what Willis was talking about."

:scratchinMaybe the buffalo is thinking about what Chip 'N Dale were burying over on the beach. Maybe it was the rest of his body...
:duck:

HA!! That reminds me that someone's tag on the DIS is "I'm what Willis was talking about."

:scratchinMaybe the buffalo is thinking about what Chip 'N Dale were burying over on the beach. Maybe it was the rest of his body...
:duck:

I've seen that tagline! I can't for the life of me remember who it was though! :lmao:

Obviously the gesture is to point out that it's a perfectly natural to see a random pile of sand int he middle of the beach...no one will notice poor Buffalo's body! ;)

Scott MC:
I just checked the AP site and for dates after March there is no set percentage discount - it varies by resort so you'll have to price it out on the site. Here are the details from MouseSavers:

Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

New!Stay dates: 4/2/13-6/3/13

Get a substantial discount off regular “Rack” rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Sample rates (standard room):

Value resorts (All Star Music) starting at $82 / $88
Moderate resorts (Coronado Springs) starting at $136 / $145
Deluxe resorts (Animal Kingdom) starting at $221 / $238
Deluxe Villa resorts (Old Key West) starting at $240 / $258
Other resorts and room types are available with this offer, at varying discounts. Participating resorts: All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation Family Suites, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Yacht Club, Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard room), Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian (no Club Level), Contemporary (no Club Level), Grand Floridian (no Club Level), Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Excludes campsites, Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, suites and 3-bedroom villas.

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 3/31/13 for the lowest discounted rate. Book by 6/3/13 for the less discounted rate.

Red: I wonder who had to try and get all that sand out of their 'fur'?

WDWKOOK said:
Anytime I see a log cabin on TV or when I hear Arron Copeland music, like you, I get wistful for the Lodge. I still have my original Lincoln Logs from the 70's, so when I see them in the basement, I think of WL:)

Welcome to the thread - you've gotten many great responses:)

Here is the link to my WL-CL TR with photos from August 2012:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987881

:welcome: to our thread! The water slide isn't very long. Here is a video I found that someone filmed while going down the WL slide and while others came down the slide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SisV0WJV39g

I would be happy to! Six months might seem like a long time, but it'll be time to pack before you know it. I hope you snag BoG!

Without entering a park, I think the easiest way from WL would be to take the direct MK bus or Red Flag boat to the MK and get on the YC/BC bus.

Welcome and I enjoyed reading your plan.

Regarding a breakfast ADR at the Boma buffet. The easiest way to get to another resort that isn't in the MK resorts area, is to take the MK bus or the Red Flag boat to the MK and from there you can take a bus to any resort. The fastest, but most expensive way would be to taxi there.

One thing about the Deluxe Dining Plan is that you will have to factor in tips for every table service ADR. It's not uncommon to have $125+ table service meals in the evening for two using the DxDP. A 15% tip would be close to $20. In an average day of 3 table service meals per day, tips could add up to $50 or more if you order extra items such as drinks. I'm not trying to discourage you, but just pointing out that with the DxDP, the tip is no longer included and we prefer not feeling like we have to order dessert and an appetizer with every non-breakfast meal since it's included.

Are you going to MK for the taping?:scared:. That might be a good day to go to AK! Keep us posted on your plans.

Why am I quoting this entire post? To show what a wonderful moderator Kook is!!! Between you and the other regulars here, everyone's questions get answered and all comments are addressed. (Thanks for playing my sights, sounds, and smells game)
Kook- are you and DD enjoying your snow day? ( seems like more of a slush day so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter