• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
marymac123 said:
Which would you guys do...Trails End dinner or Whispering Canyon dinner? We have never been to TE or even over to FW unless it was to dropoff/pickup w/bus or boat. DH & I have done WCseveral times but DD fell asleep at a late adr on an arrival day-they put about 4 chairs together to make her a bed-so she never got to try. DD wants to try it but I thought TE would be good. Any one else? thanks!

This started a debate between my wife and I. I thought Trails End, since we love to eat there and considered it to be a real find during our first trip. My wife said WCC for the atmosphere and the fact it is table service rather than buffet. If you get the ADR so wait time isn't a concern and are already at the WL, there isn't much reason to not go with WCC, unless you prefer to obtain your ketchup quietly...

Either way you'll get a nice "comfort food" meal. Enjoy!

Which would you guys do...Trails End dinner or Whispering Canyon dinner? We have never been to TE or even over to FW unless it was to dropoff/pickup w/bus or boat. DH & I have done WCseveral times but DD fell asleep at a late adr on an arrival day-they put about 4 chairs together to make her a bed-so she never got to try. DD wants to try it but I thought TE would be good. Any one else? thanks!

We were looking for places we hadn't tried and read a couple of reviews..decided to give it a try. We really enjoyed and were pleasantly surprised with Trails End! It is now on our list every trip :goodvibes

Two more sleeps! Just two more sleeps and we will be on our way to WL-CL :) I just don't know if I will be able to sleep I'm ridiculously excited!!!

Two more sleeps! Just two more sleeps and we will be on our way to WL-CL :) I just don't know if I will be able to sleep I'm ridiculously excited!!!

I can't wait to hear your report on CL. We are doing CL at WL for the first time in February and I am already counting my sleeps. Only 196 to go!

Have a great trip!

pld5 said:
I can't wait to hear your report on CL. We are doing CL at WL for the first time in February and I am already counting my sleeps. Only 196 to go!

Have a great trip!

I will happily post a report and photos! It's our first time staying CL so I won't have anything to compare it to which I think is a good thing :)

Hi everyone! :wave: DH and I are long time Wilderness Lodge people. I was so excited when I discovered WDWKOOK's previous WL thread. It's like having a little piece of WL that I can visit every day :goodvibes It has taken a few weeks, but I read all of the old WL thread and then moved over to this thread. Thank you WDWKOOK for keeping this going!

13 days until our next visit to WL :yay: Can't wait to see the renovated rooms!

Hi Folks

Wanted to say hi to everyone. Myself, my wife and DS4 will be staying in WL for the first time from November 24th to December 9th.

Got all our ADRs made and cant wait to finally stay at the Lodge (albeit in a standard room) :thumbsup2

Cheers

J

Welcome, you're going to love Wilderness Lodge. It's my favorite & DH & I will be staying almost the same time frame as you & family. We're at the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge from 11/23 to 12/8. We've made our ADR's as well & also planned for days just relaxing at the resort too. :cool1:

Some cell phone photos taken by pas130 of the Honeymoon Suite. She'll send me more from her camera when she gets home next week. Isn't the new décor beautiful?!

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachment-2aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

That tub would be heavenly after a long day of walking through the parks!!

Can't wait to be back at WL in a two weeks!! Haven't stayed there in ages and I'm SO excited!:cloud9:

We are doing a split stay w/AKL CL and we'll be in a Studio Villa 8/26-8/31
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Placed my garden grocer order today. Getting closer! :cheer2: just picked up a couple of things at the store. Now to finish packing. One of my DDs keeps changing her mind on what princess costume to bring. :rolleyes1

Love the pics of the Honeymoon Suite. I'm so jealous!

Please add us to the Lodger's Log, Nov. 3-11, 2012. We are booked in a Woods View bunk bed room at the moment (but we keep going back and forth with the CL idea). This will be our first trip to WDW as a family, my son's 1st trip to WDW, and our 5th wedding anniversary. 83 more days and counting:cool1:

Glad you found us, Debbie. There should definitely be lower crowds. Is DS out longer in MD? In NoVA, we have just 11/5-6 off that week for "teacher work days" at the end of each quarter. DD13 is starting high school so I've heard that once they're in high school it's difficult to pull them out at all:confused3. Let us know how the crowds are when you're there.

Don't forget to book that 14th trip soon;)

DS has a half day on Fri 11/2 (end of 1st MP) and off Election Day - 11/6, so he will miss Fri, Mon and Wed of school. I know it's a lot but he is a good student and we'll see how it goes. The good thing is I'm a teacher at his middle school so I'm hoping that will help with communication of what he'll be missing and make up work. He should be able to complete some work in the afternoons waiting for me to finish up working...

I was updating my planning spreadsheet today and looking a reservations that I made months ago, of course second guessing everything! :confused3 DH saw me and said "I'm really looking forward to this trip, especially since we are staying at WL again!!"
Debbie

It is SO exciting to see the updates from those of you who are at our beloved WL, those who are on their way (safe travels) and those who have just a few sleepless nights left till you arrive 'home.'

Happy days to all!!!!:grouphug:

Crazy weekend of errands and yesterday was spent packing. You all know how it is right before a long trip:crazy2:

I just did the online check in for our trip Aug. 19th ~ Aug. 21st at WL. Our first time at WL. Myself, dh, dd and 10 yr old dgd. So excited.
Looks like you're checking out the day we check-in. We know you're going to fall in love with WL. Have a wonderful vacation!

I love the pics from the Honeymoon Suite!!!!!
Wish apon a star and maybe it will come true!!!!!
:goodvibes

May 4-11th... full pkg w. dxddp..(hoping for our request of "bearface room"...per Disney "inner courtyard off lobby" as CM said to me)

Anything that normally happens around first full week of May??? crowd levels?

Whats the normal temps around that time?

always hear about summer,fd, and xmas stays. never hear alot of late springtime stays .
Here's a link to a great site that can answer your questions about crowds, weather, etc...

http://**************.net

The left hand side of the page should have what you're looking for. Your vacation sounds great!

56 days!!! :yay: Whew! Silly 'ol job.... finally caught up on the new thread. So excited I'm waking in the middle of the night thinking of more to research! We surprised our DDs the first time we went and this time around is so much more fun planning and dreaming together. DD12 is a huge planner like me and DD8 has been watching all our Disney movies again. Another huge THANKS to Kook and everyone who make this the best thread! :grouphug:

Quick question... DH will have just returned from a fly fishing trip to Yellowstone when we leave for WL. I've seen the fishing excursions, but does anyone know if it's allowed to fish on your own? TIA! Heather
:wave2:
Thank you, hbr03!

I've never seen anyone just fishing on their own at WL, but feel like I have at FW:confused3. I know it's all catch and release and you can rent all the equipment. Hopefully someone will chime in who's done it at FWpopcorn::

Love them both. TE is a buffet with lots of country goodies and the service was excellent. WCC puts on a bit of a show and is much more 'high energy' than TW and costs a bit more, I believe.

If you've never even been to FW, then I'd suggest TE so you get a glimpse of wonderful FW. Could you squeeze in a breakfast at either place? Maybe you could do one dinner and one breakfast?

This time next week we will be at MK. :cool1:
YIPPEE! We arrive Saturday:hyper:

Just one more sleep, but you probably wont sleep tonight:rolleyes:

Have a great trip!
If you need to read a TR now, I have a hyperlink to my TR in my signature from our last WL/CL trip in April.

I will happily post a report and photos! It's our first time staying CL so I won't have anything to compare it to which I think is a good thing :)
...But, you'll probably never want to stay elsewhere!

Hi everyone! :wave: DH and I are long time Wilderness Lodge people. I was so excited when I discovered WDWKOOK's previous WL thread. It's like having a little piece of WL that I can visit every day :goodvibes It has taken a few weeks, but I read all of the old WL thread and then moved over to this thread. Thank you WDWKOOK for keeping this going!

13 days until our next visit to WL :yay: Can't wait to see the renovated rooms!
:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! We're honored to have your first post here! Thank you for your kind comments. Safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful vacation - don't be a stranger!

Can't wait to be back at WL in a two weeks!! Haven't stayed there in ages and I'm SO excited!

We are doing a split stay w/AKL CL and we'll be in a Studio Villa 8/26-8/31
:banana::banana:
Shall I put this in the Lodgers' Log? I think you're excited!!!

Placed my garden grocer order today. Getting closer! :cheer2: just picked up a couple of things at the store. Now to finish packing. One of my DDs keeps changing her mind on what princess costume to bring. :rolleyes1
Looks like you might have to bring more than one outfit:scratchin

Love the pics of the Honeymoon Suite. I'm so jealous!

Please add us to the Lodger's Log, Nov. 3-11, 2012. We are booked in a Woods View bunk bed room at the moment (but we keep going back and forth with the CL idea). This will be our first trip to WDW as a family, my son's 1st trip to WDW, and our 5th wedding anniversary. 83 more days and counting:cool1:
I'll be glad to add you. Don't forget to note all those milestones in your reservation!

DS has a half day on Fri 11/2 (end of 1st MP) and off Election Day - 11/6, so he will miss Fri, Mon and Wed of school. I know it's a lot but he is a good student and we'll see how it goes. The good thing is I'm a teacher at his middle school so I'm hoping that will help with communication of what he'll be missing and make up work. He should be able to complete some work in the afternoons waiting for me to finish up working...

I was updating my planning spreadsheet today and looking a reservations that I made months ago, of course second guessing everything! :confused3 DH saw me and said "I'm really looking forward to this trip, especially since we are staying at WL again!!"
Debbie
Your DH sounds like mine - he just LOVES WL, too. Have a great trip, neighbor!

It is SO exciting to see the updates from those of you who are at our beloved WL, those who are on their way (safe travels) and those who have just a few sleepless nights left till you arrive 'home.'

Happy days to all!!!!:grouphug:
That was so sweet!! I'll start updating on Saturday. Unless you want an update when I pass quickly by South of the Border:car:

IMO...I think TE is better for lunch. Have you seen that Sticky Bun Sundae? And they have waffles and chicken! AND fried catfish! OK...so in disclosure, I have never had the lunch there since it has been a normal menu. But it sounds ammmmaaazzzing! The dinner is good but nothing special. We are doing dinner at WCC our arrival night, but if we were going to be there earlier I think I would choose TE lunch. :thumbsup2

What time can I reasonably expect to be at Hollywood Studios the day I arrive. We fly into MCO at 10am on Sunday November 4th. We are using ME to get to WL CL. This is our first visit ever to DW. So I expect that the family and I will want to take a quick tour of WL. We are staying 8 nights and have only planned one other day at H.S.. I am thinking best case scenario is that we are in the park around 2pm....Below is the schedule for the week....Also, we do not have park hopper passes as of now...
We really want to see fantasmic so that is reason to go to H.S. that day. We are going later in the week to H.S. but in the evening we want to take in Osborne Lights. If we go to Fantasmic on the 4th we won't feel like we have to rush through the lights to get in line on the 11th to see Fantasmic..

4th--arrive and Hopefully go to H.S.
5th--Epcot
6th---MK
7th--AK
8th Off Day
9th--MK and also MVMCP
10th-- Epcot
11th--H.S.
12 Leave in the morning....

Thoughts????

I don't know if this has been addressed previously but if anyone can help me mimic the smell of WL lobby at home I'd be eternally grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter