• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bunk bed rooms are located throughout the resort. Just have quiet location, close to elevators added to your room request and hope for the best. :)

Can I call them now (we are going this May) or do I just wait and do online check in prior to leaving? Is there an advantage to either way? Thanks!!!

Can I call them now (we are going this May) or do I just wait and do online check in prior to leaving? Is there an advantage to either way? Thanks!!!
Yes, call the WDTC now. You can add requests as soon as you book. OCI is very limiting and you can only request the following with OCI room requests. You can still do OCI, but best to call to add room location requests directly to your reservation.

3b2c84c1-fbb7-4f9d-a0ab-018e5316b585.png

Hi We are headed to WLV in August for the second time. We loved it there last time (in 2009) so we are headed back. The only thing I would have liked was if Roaring Fork was a bit bigger. Anyway, my parents are coming and they wanted to stay in the 2 bedroom villa again. I really wanted to stay separately in rooms in the main hotel. Am I missing out on anything staying over at the villas?

Besides the links to photos/info. in Post 2, here is a VWL hard-goods rehab announcement via the AllEars Newsletter. It appears that they are working from the top down, as they did with WL, but I don't know if they are closing off the floor beneath the rehabbing floor as they did with WL, in order to create a sound buffer. The completion of March fits with what I was told last year.

A "hard goods" refurbishment is under way at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. "Hard goods" is Disney's designation for the most comprehensive room update. Nearly all elements of the guest room are replaced, repaired or refinished to bring the facilities back to a like-new condition. Workers have already completed renovations on all 5th floor villas and are now working on 4th floor units. Among the updates to each villa are:

Addition of fold-down 5th sleeper to all Deluxe Studio villas. Unit is identical to beds installed at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort with Bambi artwork replacing the Dumbo imagery found on Grand Floridian sleepers.

Replacement of living room armoires and televisions

Bambi-themed living room throw pillows.

Repainted kitchen cabinets and new granite countertops.

New stainless steel appliances.

Durable faux hardwood flooring.

Living room area rugs.

Updated wall coverings, window coverings and linens.

All light fixtures and ceiling fans replaced.

New bathroom tile and fixtures.

All villas are expected to be renovated by the end of March 2014.

I'm reading here a little more about the room assignments... So when guests get pixie dust sprinkled on them at check in and get a comp upgrade, was that actually done 5 days before or does the person at the counter have anything to do with that? I ask because before in talking to the cast member at check in we always came for our anniversary and when I mentioned it she acted like she upgraded us because of that.

Hi We are headed to WLV in August for the second time. We loved it there last time (in 2009) so we are headed back. The only thing I would have liked was if Roaring Fork was a bit bigger. Anyway, my parents are coming and they wanted to stay in the 2 bedroom villa again. I really wanted to stay separately in rooms in the main hotel. Am I missing out on anything staying over at the villas?
Welcome! VWL is connected by a short, covered walkway to the side door of WL, near the arcade and Mercantile. You'll be a bit further from dining and the boats, but you'll be a little closer to the bus stop and the VWL pool and very close to Sturdy Branches gym. You'll have the convenience of a washer/dryer right in your villa.

If you prefer staying in two rooms at WL, have you priced out the total price of two rooms Vs. the two-bedroom (with applicable discounts)? Maybe the price is better for the villa for your parents or are you splitting the cost? If you're splitting, then maybe you could stay at WL and your parents could stay in a one-bedroom? Best of both worlds!

I'm reading here a little more about the room assignments... So when guests get pixie dust sprinkled on them at check in and get a comp upgrade, was that actually done 5 days before or does the person at the counter have anything to do with that? I ask because before in talking to the cast member at check in we always came for our anniversary and when I mentioned it she acted like she upgraded us because of that.
Rooms are assigned generally no more than 5 days prior to arrival by a Room Assignor, not by the person you encounter at check-in. Room changes can occur at check-in, but in my experience, they always consult with a member of the room assignment team or manager in order to make changes.

Before arrival, the Room Assignor might upgrade the guest. Most often, the CM you encounter at check-in isn't aware that you've been upgraded from your original booking. Often, they won't even tell you that you've been upgraded. The check-in CM is supposed to acknowledge when a special occasion is noted in a reservation and offer an "I'm celebrating" button.

Hi there! I apologize if this is answered in the thread somewhere, but I'm wondering where Roaring Forks is in the resort? The first page says it is near the pool. Is there a resort map posted that would show exactly where it is? We are staying in a standard room, which doesn't give us a lot of choice in terms of room requests, but we'd like to be near RF (or near the elevators that are closer to RF) so DH can easily run down and get coffee in the mornings or drinks at night. Would the block of rooms on the north side or the rooms on the 4th floor along the lobby be more convenient for that?

Thanks!

Hi there! I apologize if this is answered in the thread somewhere, but I'm wondering where Roaring Forks is in the resort? The first page says it is near the pool. Is there a resort map posted that would show exactly where it is? We are staying in a standard room, which doesn't give us a lot of choice in terms of room requests, but we'd like to be near RF (or near the elevators that are closer to RF) so DH can easily run down and get coffee in the mornings or drinks at night. Would the block of rooms on the north side or the rooms on the 4th floor along the lobby be more convenient for that?

Thanks!

Roaring Forks is basically on the bottom floor underneath the bear face. You can go right out from there to the courtyard/pool area. :goodvibes

Thanks!
Welcome to the thread. Standard View rooms are located in both the North and South Wings. RF is located in the North Wing. To be closest to RF you would request a North Wing room. These rooms overlook the Smokehouse and are to the left of the Otter Pond. Some like to request a high floor since you can see some of Wishes. More VIEW info. is located HERE.

RF is pictured behind the pool, near the umbrellas. This is the North Wing and the Standard View rooms are in the wing furthest from the pool.

IMG_0331.jpg

In this overhead photo, RF is just to the top/left of the pool and the North Wing SV rooms are across from the Smokehouse which is next to the Otter Pond:

WildernessLodge_Full.jpg

Roaring Forks is basically on the bottom floor underneath the bear face. You can go right out from there to the courtyard/pool area. :goodvibes
The "Bear Face" rooms are located off the lobby (pictured above), while RF is located in the North Wing.

Welcome! VWL is connected by a short, covered walkway to the side door of WL, near the arcade and Mercantile. You'll be a bit further from dining and the boats, but you'll be a little closer to the bus stop and the VWL pool and very close to Sturdy Branches gym. You'll have the convenience of a washer/dryer right in your villa.

If you prefer staying in two rooms at WL, have you priced out the total price of two rooms Vs. the two-bedroom (with applicable discounts)? Maybe the price is better for the villa for your parents or are you splitting the cost? If you're splitting, then maybe you could stay at WL and your parents could stay in a one-bedroom? Best of both worlds!

Thanks! It is cheaper for us to stay separate but not my parents for some reason. I am being over ruled by my parents and even my husband! My husband likes the couch etc to watch TV (he doesn't sleep much).

Thanks!

We are here!!! I just love WL! Got in last night and had a quick dinner at Territory Lounge before calling it a night. Luggage was later than anticipated (landed at 8 pm, didn't show until 12:45 am) from magical express. But it's here and we are in disney and ready for a magical adventure!!!

We are here!!! I just love WL! Got in last night and had a quick dinner at Territory Lounge before calling it a night. Luggage was later than anticipated (landed at 8 pm, didn't show until 12:45 am) from magical express. But it's here and we are in disney and ready for a magical adventure!!!

Good luck with the 10K race. :goodvibes

Did you get the bunk bed room? Are the bunk beds big enough for adults?

Have a Super Fantastic Time!!!

Luggage was later than anticipated (landed at 8 pm, didn't show until 12:45 am) from magical express.

This is meant as an FYI for somebody reading this with a trip coming up. Disney advertises your luggage will be in your room 3-4 hours after you check in to your resort. I'm guessing you checked in around 9PM, so they were within their window.

Again, just for clarification. :thumbsup2

Hope you have a Magical stay!

Besides the links to photos/info. in Post 2, here is a VWL hard-goods rehab announcement via the AllEars Newsletter. It appears that they are working from the top down, as they did with WL, but I don't know if they are closing off the floor beneath the rehabbing floor as they did with WL, in order to create a sound buffer. The completion of March fits with what I was told last year.

A "hard goods" refurbishment is under way at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. "Hard goods" is Disney's designation for the most comprehensive room update. Nearly all elements of the guest room are replaced, repaired or refinished to bring the facilities back to a like-new condition. Workers have already completed renovations on all 5th floor villas and are now working on 4th floor units. Among the updates to each villa are:

Addition of fold-down 5th sleeper to all Deluxe Studio villas. Unit is identical to beds installed at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort with Bambi artwork replacing the Dumbo imagery found on Grand Floridian sleepers.

Replacement of living room armoires and televisions

Bambi-themed living room throw pillows.

Repainted kitchen cabinets and new granite countertops.

New stainless steel appliances.

Durable faux hardwood flooring.

Living room area rugs.

Updated wall coverings, window coverings and linens.

All light fixtures and ceiling fans replaced.

New bathroom tile and fixtures.

All villas are expected to be renovated by the end of March 2014.

Have we seen any real pics yet besides the concept ones from the DVC annual meeting? Very curious to see the final product!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter