(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A STD Atrium Club room is actually just a Bay Lake View room. I have no idea why they don't just call it what it is. All the rooms are identical.

I've never seen an Atrium Club King room that's bookable online. I think they might be referring to a King Tower Club room, which is just slightly more than an Atrium Club room. You can't book a Tower Club room view, but you can book an Atrium Club view. You also can't book Tower Club rooms online (and it's closed now for a rehab), but you can call the WDTC to book those rooms. There are only 2-4 non-suite rooms though.

I think the standard/king CL room might be Tower Club (but I'm not sure). I know Tower Club is more expensive than Atrium Club, so that would be my guess. Hopefully someone will be able to give a definite answer on that ;).

Thank you both so much! I didn't realize there were a few Tower Club rooms that weren't suites. I bet that's what it is since it's a little more than the Atrium rates. Thanks again :)

Great minds...;)

UGH. Lots of traffic lights out around here which everyone seems to forget means a four-way stop:sad2:

The walkway to the MK is going to make it so easy for you to take DD in her stroller. Are you going to do Photopass? I highly recommend it so that you'll have lots of family photos. Also, take a picture at a location you can repeat every year, (I'm optimistic about your returning;)). It's fun to compare them year to year. Hope your commute goes well.

I had never thought of the same location! Great idea, thank you and yes, think we will do PhotoPass so I have less to juggle

So I'm sure this is a common question, but I am staying at the CR from 12-16 to 12-20 with a TPV, is there a certain location/room no. that I could ask for upon arrival that would make the views that much better, or are all the TPVs pretty much created equal? Thanks guys, we can't wait to go!

Thank you both so much! I didn't realize there were a few Tower Club rooms that weren't suites. I bet that's what it is since it's a little more than the Atrium rates. Thanks again :)

I am not sure if the rooms I am thinking of are Tower Club. But in 2010 when I was booking club level, I wanted to guarantee a king size bed and not have it as just a preference. I was given a king room category. After doing research I found that there are two rooms on club level that are configured differently than the rest of the club rooms with weird bathroom layouts. I found pictures somewhere...sorry I don't remember where...and didn't care for the room or the bathroom. I called a few times and on CM finally confirmed I would get one of those rooms. So I changed my reservation right away. Sorry I couldn't provide more information. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

I am not sure if the rooms I am thinking of are Tower Club. But in 2010 when I was booking club level, I wanted to guarantee a king size bed and not have it as just a preference. I was given a king room category. After doing research I found that there are two rooms on club level that are configured differently than the rest of the club rooms with weird bathroom layouts. I found pictures somewhere...sorry I don't remember where...and didn't care for the room or the bathroom. I called a few times and on CM finally confirmed I would get one of those rooms. So I changed my reservation right away. Sorry I couldn't provide more information. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Thank you! I'll have to do some digging around and see what I can find out. Please let me know if you happen to come across the pictures you saw.

Hey Kook, can you adjust my dates for the Logorail?

We were able to extend our dates at the CR now so we'll be there Sept 1-13. I cancelled our days at YC because the CR opened up and we can get the convention rate for the whole stay (saving alot of $$$). :wizard: Even with a 35% off PIN code, it was $200 more per night for YCCL :bitelip:

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Thank you! I'll have to do some digging around and see what I can find out. Please let me know if you happen to come across the pictures you saw.

In case you didn't find it yet, I did some searches and found the information about the King Room category-Club Level rooms. I believe there are only two on the Tower Club level and are the only non-suite rooms. Here are the links for the two rooms:

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4911.html

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4912.html

This site says these rooms are the two least expensive rooms on the Tower Club Level and are probably the two worst rooms at the Contemporary Resort. The pages have more information and a many pictures.

Hope this information helps.

In case you didn't find it yet, I did some searches and found the information about the King Room category-Club Level rooms. I believe there are only two on the Tower Club level and are the only non-suite rooms. Here are the links for the two rooms:

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4911.html

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4912.html

This site says these rooms are the two least expensive rooms on the Tower Club Level and are probably the two worst rooms at the Contemporary Resort. The pages have more information and a many pictures.

Hope this information helps.

That's amazing! Thank you so much! It's so interesting that they say they're the worst rooms in the whole resort. That one bathroom is pretty awful. Very cool to see. Thanks again! (This is why I LOVE the DIS!!!)

We're still trying to decide what/how we want to book. 2014 packages won't be released until July 10, so I won't have definitive pricing until then, but we will have 4 adults and will basically need either:
3 separate rooms
OR
Something with 2 bedrooms and a sleeper
OR
Something with 3 bedrooms

Two more things....

1 - do they still put the Wishes music on the TV channel? When we stayed in a TPV room in 2008 that was so cool and its part of the reason my mom wants to stay here, but I feel like I remember reading that they stopped doing it?

2 - what on earth is going on with the new bus stop area and how long is it going to be that way? When we were there 3 weeks ago we stopped by the CR to do some shopping and they told us the bus stop was now this makeshift camp tent back by BLT. It was really small, only enough seats for 4 people, unmarked, and seemed a little unusual.

In NJ traffic lights out means "oh my God I'm going to die!" Because around here "I" have to get there before you.

Seriously no one in NJ knows how to handle traffic lights out.
:drive:Yep, all "I's" and no "You's" = Don't even think about turning left:crazy2:

There were two, but with the just completed 14th floor rehab, I don't know if there is a new configuration.

I had never thought of the same location! Great idea, thank you and yes, think we will do PhotoPass so I have less to juggle
And, you're sure to be in some pictures;)

So I'm sure this is a common question, but I am staying at the CR from 12-16 to 12-20 with a TPV, is there a certain location/room no. that I could ask for upon arrival that would make the views that much better, or are all the TPVs pretty much created equal? Thanks guys, we can't wait to go!
:welcome:
I've added you to the Log-orail. All of the TPV rooms offer unobstructed views of Seven Seas Lagoon and MK. Frequent requests are:

~Odd numbered room. As you lie in bed, you'll face MK.

~High floor. Some like a more commanding view.

~Away from Chef Mickeys. Some don't want to be near the ongoing "Celebration" song, though it's not easily heard with the door shut and AC fan running.

Yes, you were on the Tower Club level before you changed. Just curious, was your request granted for a King on the Atrium Club level?

Hey Kook, can you adjust my dates for the Logorail?

We were able to extend our dates at the CR now so we'll be there Sept 1-13. I cancelled our days at YC because the CR opened up and we can get the convention rate for the whole stay (saving alot of $$$). :wizard: Even with a 35% off PIN code, it was $200 more per night for YCCL :bitelip:

Thanks!:thumbsup2
Yippee! That's great that you were able to get that amazing rate for almost two weeks:thumbsup2

Two more things....

1 - do they still put the Wishes music on the TV channel? When we stayed in a TPV room in 2008 that was so cool and its part of the reason my mom wants to stay here, but I feel like I remember reading that they stopped doing it?

2 - what on earth is going on with the new bus stop area and how long is it going to be that way? When we were there 3 weeks ago we stopped by the CR to do some shopping and they told us the bus stop was now this makeshift camp tent back by BLT. It was really small, only enough seats for 4 people, unmarked, and seemed a little unusual.
Yes, Wishes is still on channel 20. But, I can't answer your CR bus stop questionpopcorn::

Before the rehab, there were actually 5 non-suite rooms on the Tower Club
14th floor. Two were kings and three were two queens. The two kings were both on the MK side. There were two with the two queen beds on MK side with one being on the Bay Lake side. If you booked a king then you would obviously get the MK view but you could not be guaranteed a view when you booked the two queen room.

Having said all that, :confused3 who knows if it will be the same when the re-hab is done. I do not know if they will keep the same basic room set-up and just re-hab the furnishings, etc. or if they will actually change some of the room configurations.

Hello Everyone. We recently booked the Garden Wing - Hospitality Suite for October. I am looking for any information or pictures that anyone is willing to share. Thanks :yay:

14th floor. Two were kings and three were two queens. The two kings were both on the MK side. There were two with the two queen beds on MK side with one being on the Bay Lake side. If you booked a king then you would obviously get the MK view but you could not be guaranteed a view when you booked the two queen room.

Having said all that, :confused3 who knows if it will be the same when the re-hab is done. I do not know if they will keep the same basic room set-up and just re-hab the furnishings, etc. or if they will actually change some of the room configurations.

My fiancé and I are planning on staying at the CR in Sept '14 for our honeymoon/1st anniversary. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to go with the 14th floor "standard" room (bigger balcony) or 12th floor atrium club room... My biggest wish is to have a MK view and be on the north side of the building closer to the fireworks... I've seen maps of the 14th floor but how about the 12th-do any exist anywhere?? CR Fan where are you??? Anyone have a 12th floor plan/pics of the 12th floor rooms??? (I've seen the atrium lounge-it's awesome!) but looking for some pics of the 12th floor MK rooms/balconies etc etc. thanks so much!

Just got back from our stay at Bay Lake Towers. The place was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in room 7708. Had an awesome view of the lake and the Magic Kingdom. I did not get the magic band but it was absolutely given to every person checking in to the contemporary.

We are planning our 2014 trip and I thought I had decided on the POLY again but something about the CR keeps drawing me back in :)

I am thinking of doing garden wing or BLV in the tower....was originally set on MKV but not really loving the pictures of the parking lot below and most nights we will be out at the park anyways!

There will be myself, DH, DD7, DD5 and DD2 at time of trip! also joining us will be grandparents! Yahoo!! (hoping for a night at MK by ourselves while they watch the kids :goodvibes

What would everyone suggest?!?!

Thanks for clarifying the number of rooms. I'll also add that I've never seen a discounted Tower Club level room, but maybe they will start discounting the non-suite rooms after they re-open? Na, I doubt it.

Hello Everyone. We recently booked the Garden Wing - Hospitality Suite for October. I am looking for any information or pictures that anyone is willing to share. Thanks :yay:
ETA: There are new photos on the WDW booking site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/rates-rooms/ Just click on PHOTOS next to Hospitality Suite.

Here are some (pre-rehab) photos from 2005:

http://contemporaryresort.net/hospitalitysuite.html

And here are more recent (pre-rehab) photos from 2010:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2397445&page=104

Congratulations on booking such a great room! Were you able to apply a discount?

My fiancé and I are planning on staying at the CR in Sept '14 for our honeymoon/1st anniversary. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to go with the 14th floor "standard" room (bigger balcony) or 12th floor atrium club room... My biggest wish is to have a MK view and be on the north side of the building closer to the fireworks... I've seen maps of the 14th floor but how about the 12th-do any exist anywhere?? CR Fan where are you??? Anyone have a 12th floor plan/pics of the 12th floor rooms??? (I've seen the atrium lounge-it's awesome!) but looking for some pics of the 12th floor MK rooms/balconies etc etc. thanks so much!
Welcome. All the rooms at the CR, except for the suites and Deluxe rooms in the Garden Wing, are identical. All of the Tower rooms have unobstructed views and balconies.

There are room location maps on the first page. There are a couple of Tower Club balcony photos HERE, but they only show the view from 4912 and the sliding glass doors from inside. There is also a one bedroom suite photo of the balcony HERE.

There are Atrium Club room photos in the CL section and other Tower room photos on the first page of the thread. But again, all the rooms are absolutely identical on every floor, except the 14th floor, which just completed a rehab yesterday. All of the 12th floor balconies are the same size.

It's best not to ever request a specific room number because if it isn't available the Room Assignor won't know why you wanted the room and can't put you into a similar room. If you want to be near the MK then book a TPV room and ask to be on the north side or close to BLT. But, all of the TPV rooms on the 12th floor have amazing views of the MK so you won't be disappointed.

Just got back from our stay at Bay Lake Towers. The place was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in room 7708. Had an awesome view of the lake and the Magic Kingdom. I did not get the magic band but it was absolutely given to every person checking in to the contemporary.
Welcome and I'm glad you had a great stay at BLT.

We are planning our 2014 trip and I thought I had decided on the POLY again but something about the CR keeps drawing me back in :)

I am thinking of doing garden wing or BLV in the tower....was originally set on MKV but not really loving the pictures of the parking lot below and most nights we will be out at the park anyways!

There will be myself, DH, DD7, DD5 and DD2 at time of trip! also joining us will be grandparents! Yahoo!! (hoping for a night at MK by ourselves while they watch the kids :goodvibes

What would everyone suggest?!?!
Welcome! Our favorite room is in the Tower BLV. We prefer not seeing the parking lot, too and love looking out at Bay Lake and having everything we need right where we're staying, so that would be my suggestion. However, I know that young kids love looking at the castle so it would probably extra magical for them to see it from the room. But, if you can book CL, then I would definitely book a BLV CL room and then your kids can see the castle from the lounge and watch Wishes, too. Sorry - I may have made this more confusing for you:upsidedow

Thanks Kook...I haven't even thought about CL, something else to consider :goodvibes

The only thing I am nervous about with the tower is being up so high and having a balcony with our youngest only being 2 at the time of trip?! I know that may seem crazy to some to worry about! LOL

I would consider a split stay but DH has ruled it out :(

Thanks Kook...I haven't even thought about CL, something else to consider :goodvibes

The only thing I am nervous about with the tower is being up so high and having a balcony with our youngest only being 2 at the time of trip?! I know that may seem crazy to some to worry about! LOL

I would consider a split stay but DH has ruled it out :(
That's not a silly concern at all. The Garden Wing has no balconies and the ground floor rooms are wonderful for small kids. The kids can run around and play in the grass or patio. Maybe this would be better?

BTW, I've added shipping information to the Guest Services section of Post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter