(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

It will be fully operational by then and the perfect spot!

Your amazing vacation is coming together nicely. The boys must be excited:hyper:

No. My understanding is that much-needed roof work has be going on while CA Grill and the 14th floor Tower Club rooms are under renovation. Due to the roof work, currently a portion of the deck is closed. At one time all of it was closed, but I believe the latest report here was that only a portion is closed now. The roof and 14th floor work is due to be completed by the send of summer.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

I missed multi-quoting you - sorry:flower3:

Yes, I'll probably file a TR after our August trip. But, you do know it's WL/CL?:scared:

That's how I plan ADRs, too. I look at the schedule and choose the non-EMH park and go from there in choosing an ADR. Planning is half the fun and so is the anticipation:goodvibes

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I haven't booked the resort portions yet, so I've been making an ADR every day, which makes it exciting as each day goes by and it's time to make another one :goodvibes. Everybody seems to be excited, although not as excited as I am :laughing:. December seems far away, but it will be here before I know it!!!

Did you originally have a split stay booked or am I thinking of a different trip :confused3?

5. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I have stayed at GF, Poly and In the tower at CR. Then this past May dh and I had a quick visit without kids so for $ I tried the GW.

Really walking outside is not a big deal. You do that at GF and Poly. You still have access to monorail and the walkway to MK is priceless when leaving after parades/fireworks. Also we usually head to busses at 815 for 9am rope drop, but if we are lazy you can leave at 840-45 and walk there and know you will be on time. Every disney minute is valuable:)

Also with little ones being close to pool will be nice. :thumbsup2

Also I love the boat to WL. It is a fun resort to explore. There is a fireplace on the 2nd floor above the main entrance doors. The girls will love this private spacepixiedust:

When you can hear and see the monorail, boats, trains, shows and fireworks from disney you will be glad you chose a monorail resort. It is the best:goodvibes

6. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Just want to share some photos from my first stay at BLT. We had a 2 bedroom, #7530. It was right next to the sky bridge. Excellent location! We loved everything about our stay, and look forward to hopefully returning to BLT.

View (left to right):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a look inside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Great pics....thanks for sharing :goodvibes.

8. WDWKOOK

:rolleyes1Originally? I'd have to look at the copious amount of notes in my little WDW notebook for that answer. We were last booked in a Tower BLV. I kept trying to get BLT or Atrium Club but couldn't, so I changed to WL/CL.

I'm always the most excited, too;)

Thanks so much for posting your wonderful photos! When were these taken? The Observation Deck looks like it might be closed? I'd love to return to BLT, too. Those One Bedrooms with a discount have to be booked (and held;)) far in advance. Though once I was able to get one about a month before our arrival after checking almost daily. Hope you get to return soon!

9. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

We were there last week. Not sure if the observation deck was closed or not, but they were using atleast part of that platform to get materials up to the 15th floor for the renovations. While we knew there was construction going on, it was never a bother!

10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

LOL on the amount of changes :laughing:. BLT and Atrium Club are both good choices, but WL CL is :cloud9:. I think you made a great choice and will have a fabulous trip being back "home" :goodvibes.

11. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

Yes, of course. Thanks!

I'm so glad, mickeynut1. I think you'll be impressed :wizard:

Sorry about that but any room at CR will be fantastic. The rooms are newly renovated and the location and amenities are great! Have fun planning and anticipating :cloud9:

I think you will love it! Walking over to MK is awesome and Bay Lake is beautiful. Fun to take the monorail "home" plus great shopping and some good dining options.
    No worries about GW. The rooms are the same. Just different views :thumbsup2

Thank you, friend :hug: Can't wait until you try it :yay:

12. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

I swear I have searched this thread and Disboards in general, and I'm not a newbie, but I can't find the specific answer to this.:duck:

If you are staying in a room at CR other than a TPV or CL room, is there anywhere you can view Wishes from?

***OMG so sorry, I just saw on the previous page that there's an observation deck on the 4th floor***

Is the observation deck big? Does it get super crowded?

And completely off my original topic, is staying in the tower worth the money if you get a BLV and not a TPV?

13. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

We stayed in a Tower Room BLV and LOVED it, its really a great view! MK is great but during the day you also get a great view of the parking lot! LOL

We actually have a BLV room in the Tower in Sept!

I asked the question about the 4th floor Observation Deck and was told that it doesnt NOrmally get too crowded!

14. Chm635

Chm635 Earning My Ears

Could we please be put on the logorail (if that is the proper term)? We are booked for a Tower room, BLV, Nov. 30-Dec 5th, free dining PIN, but holding out for a room only discount. My awesome DH just bought me Annual Passes for our anniversary and this will be our first trip as parents, DD will be ten months! Thanks

15. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Hi fellow CR lovers! I have stayed at the CR twice before. Once for our wedding in the garden rooms, and once for our 1-year anniversary in a tower CL MK view room. It seems like things are labeled a little differently now, so as we look forward to booking our next stay, I wanted to be sure I have the rooms located correctly in my mind. I see on Mousesavers that there are multiple types of CL rooms. There are 12th floor atrium club and 14th floor tower club, right? These are the three categories listed on Mousesavers for the atrium club:

Standard Room – Atrium Club

Magic Kingdom View – Atrium Club

Standard or King Room Club Level

The third option is actually the most expensive. What is different about those rooms? Is it just having the option of the king room? Are they not view-specific? It doesn't say Atrium Club, but is that the floor they're on? Are the only rooms on the 14th floor the 1 bedroom suites and pres/VP suites? Sorry for all the questions :) I just want to be sure we have it all clear before we book!

16. WDWKOOK

Welcome! I have the Wishes viewing information on the first page HERE. We much prefer and always book BLV. We prefer looking out to Bay Lake and not having a parking lot below. It's a very peaceful view and we see the Castle all the time so we don't feel the need to also see it from our room.

Welcome to the thread! (We're about to get a big storm here, aren't we?) That is awesome having those APs and make sure you take lots of photos of your DD. I'll be glad to add you and happy planning!

A STD Atrium Club room is actually just a Bay Lake View room. I have no idea why they don't just call it what it is. All the rooms are identical.

I've never seen an Atrium Club King room that's bookable online. I think they might be referring to a King Tower Club room, which is just slightly more than an Atrium Club room. You can't book a Tower Club room view, but you can book an Atrium Club view. You also can't book Tower Club rooms online (and it's closed now for a rehab), but you can call the WDTC to book those rooms. There are only 2-4 non-suite rooms though.

17. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it :goodvibes.

We have been to the 4th floor observation deck several times and we have never found it to be crowded. There are a handful of people sometimes, but not enough to make it so crowded that there isn't enough room for everyone. It's a great place to watch the fireworks and avoid the crowds :).

What a great anniversary gift. Have a great first trip with your little one :wizard:.

I think the standard/king CL room might be Tower Club (but I'm not sure). I know Tower Club is more expensive than Atrium Club, so that would be my guess. Hopefully someone will be able to give a definite answer on that ;).

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

HI KOOK :wave2:....we were posting at the same time :goodvibes.

19. Chm635

Chm635 Earning My Ears

20. WDWKOOK

Great minds...;)

UGH. Lots of traffic lights out around here which everyone seems to forget means a four-way stop:sad2:

The walkway to the MK is going to make it so easy for you to take DD in her stroller. Are you going to do Photopass? I highly recommend it so that you'll have lots of family photos. Also, take a picture at a location you can repeat every year, (I'm optimistic about your returning;)). It's fun to compare them year to year. Hope your commute goes well.

21. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

In NJ traffic lights out means "oh my God I'm going to die!" Because around here "I" have to get there before you.

Seriously no one in NJ knows how to handle traffic lights out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.