(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Bay Lake View is beautiful, relaxing, expansive. Theme park view is magical with magic kingdom right out your window as well as the fireworks. You can also see GF, Poly and AK in the distance but you also get the parking lot below. Of course you can also see the monorail coming towards the CR.

It's just a matter of preference. Do you want relaxing or exciting?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Lol, both! I would love to see the fireworks, but I am pulled by the lake view. You know, before I joined this forum I wasn't torn quite so much! But Disney is very addictive as all of you know! Thank you for your post!:goodvibes

4. smooreo

smooreo Mouseketeer

We were just there last October and got a theme park view (all that was left). We loved it! We watched Wishes from our balcony with a drink in hand. Seeing the castle and Space Mountain was like the icing on the cake. We probably won't be as lucky a second time! It is over the parking lot, though, but we found you didn't really focus on it.

We were in room 8116. Here is a link to some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45675998&postcount=1856

5. Irishlisa

Irishlisa DIS Veteran

How did you know the room numbers and which room to request for the best view? I would love to know this :)

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You don't need to know room numbers. In fact, it's best to not use room numbers when making requests. The best way to get what you want is to word your requests like "close to elevator", "upper floor", "close to pool" etc. This makes it easier for the room assigner to know what you are looking for.

Now Theme Park View is a bookable category. If you want to be able to watch Wishes from your room you will have to book that view.

7. Irishlisa

Irishlisa DIS Veteran

We booked a Grand Villa, theme park view, so I was wondering if some have better views than others?

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

This thread will help you with your question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Good morning everyone! I'll be back later to multi-quote.

9. Irishlisa

Irishlisa DIS Veteran

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Just adding my opinion to the great opinions already posted. Bay Lake View is our favorite. Because you don't see a parking lot or other resorts nearby, it gives the illusion that you're more secluded than you are. We prefer having a view of water with nothing beyond but trees. Discovery Island is always teeming with birds and it's fun watching the EWP every night - or not - your choice. We also love hearing the boat horns and having a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks - it's a more relaxing view for us.

If you book a CL room, you can even watch Wishes from the lounge and have the best of both views. Or there are many places from which to watch Wishes if you're not staying CL. But, I think if you have smaller children, being able to see the MK from your balcony/room is extra magical.

You're welcome. Work2Play's thread is the ultimate BLT view source.

11. Mama Who

Mama Who DIS Veteran

Okay, at the risk of sounding simple-minded, I am *confused* by this resort. I've been cruising resort threads and so far everything I've seen I can name a theme and determine easily if I love it or hate it.

The Contemporary is just *odd*... but I think it's kind of awesome. My first thought was, "Wait... is it *airport* themed? Holy >Dis inappropriate word< Is That A MONORAIL? IN the HOTEL! OMG that's AWESOME!"

So... in 100 words or less, what would you call the theming of this resort? I'm *almost* certain I love it but it's... I don't know what it is. I'm leaning toward "really cool."

12. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

I love this forum. Thankyou all so much for your responses. I've been to Disney numerous times...most of them in the POP Century resort. With my vacation changes because of hubby's job...I just think I'll go all out! I think I'm going for the Bay Lake Tower. It's just the two of us now, so I'll go for the relaxation and view of the lake. Everytime I read a new thread, I want to go to that resort...:rotfl2: Let's face it, I just want to live at Disney.

13. CoolPool

CoolPool DIS Veteran

Modern in a 60s/70s way. Retro Moderne.

14. psac

psac DIS Veteran

"Historically futuristic." :)

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Bingo.:thumbsup2

16. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Anybody have info on when California Grill really opens ?

17. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

From post #1 of this thread.

According to wdwmagic.com, The new California Grill is expected to re-open on September 1, 2013

18. Irishlisa

Irishlisa DIS Veteran

I tried to get an ADR for November (15-22) and was told it would still be closed.

19. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

I continue to hear sometime in September from several sources. I am reasonably optimistic.

20. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

Hi. I just read on the first page that, "The Atrium Club lounge and 12th floor rooms re-opened 2/19 after refurbishment ~ Thanks to: darby01_2007".

Have the Atrium Club rooms all been redone? If I were to book MK View - Atrium Club, am I going to get a room w/ the new decor?

Does anyone have pics of the "new" lounge?
    Thank you.

21. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

California Grille is accepting ADRs in November. So, if all else fails and everything goes terribly of course, they are planning on definately being open by November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.