• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!

Who told you that? I have seen reports of CR rooms without working fridges. What room type are you in?

Thanks!!

I think we have found another great hotel. Only way we can afford it when they offer military specials. Two mor sleeps then we had back to the real world.

This post makes me excited to stay there in October for the first time. enjoy the rest of your trip.

So, if not booked in a TPV room, (we have a GW room), where is the best place at the CR to see the Wishes?

I have heard of the 4th floor outdoor area???

What about from the pool? Can you see Wishes (I'm guessing from over the tower)?

And also, the EWP. I'm sure you can stand on the beach and see it, but can you see that from the pool?

Just trying to note all opportunities. Most of the time we will just be in the park for it, but just in case.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I just booked a 3 night stay at the Contemporary Tower (Magic Kingdom View) for this October. Does anyone know if there is a noise issue at the resort from the construction of the new bus depot at the MK?

Thanks!

So...it has been a life-long dream of mine to stay at the CR. Any time our family would book a trip, I would always look for ways to be able to afford CR, but alas, it was never to be.....UNTIL THIS WEEK!!! We are so blessed :littleangel: to be a able to stay there Nov 7-10. Bay Lake View!! Thank you 30% discount...from the bottom of my heart. :cheer2: I am so overwhelmed. Ever since I saw Walt on World of Color (however, I was watching in Black & White :scratchin) explain the Contemporary as it was being built, I have been dreaming staying there. Jiminy was right...."when your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!" Thanks so much for this thread, it has been so helpful as my dream comes true. pixiedust:

So...it has been a life-long dream of mine to stay at the CR. Any time our family would book a trip, I would always look for ways to be able to afford CR, but alas, it was never to be.....UNTIL THIS WEEK!!! We are so blessed to be a able to stay there Nov 7-10. Bay Lake View!! Thank you 30% discount...from the bottom of my heart. I am so overwhelmed. Ever since I saw Walt on World of Color (however, I was watching in Black & White ) explain the Contemporary as it was being built, I have been dreaming staying there. Jiminy was right...."when your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!" Thanks so much for this thread, it has been so helpful as my dream comes true.

Could NOT be more happy for you!!:yay: I fell in love with the CR and am happy for every person who is able to stay there. It is amazing, and I suspect you will have the trip of your life! And, you are going during the timeframe we have been there and believe it is perfect. :cool1: Really, really happy for you!!

So...it has been a life-long dream of mine to stay at the CR. Any time our family would book a trip, I would always look for ways to be able to afford CR, but alas, it was never to be.....UNTIL THIS WEEK!!! We are so blessed :littleangel: to be a able to stay there Nov 7-10. Bay Lake View!! Thank you 30% discount...from the bottom of my heart. :cheer2: I am so overwhelmed. Ever since I saw Walt on World of Color (however, I was watching in Black & White :scratchin) explain the Contemporary as it was being built, I have been dreaming staying there. Jiminy was right...."when your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!" Thanks so much for this thread, it has been so helpful as my dream comes true. pixiedust:

Congrats on booking the CR at a great discount :yay:. We are trying the CR for the first time in December and I can't wait. I was able to get a 20% discount a week before Christmas, so I was happy with that as I wasn't too confident there would be any discounts for our dates. After reading predictions that discounts would be offered, I read the CR would only get 5%, so I was very excited to see 20% :goodvibes.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the hairdryers. The bathroom sinks are in the bathroom, not outside.... right? I know some places have the toilet and tub in a small room and the sinks are outside but from pics it looks like they are all in one room. So the blowdryer would be in there, right? Is there anyway to unplug it and use it in another outlet. Usually, I shower first and then while I'm drying my hair, DH showers. If the provided hairdryer can only be used in the bathroom, then I'm going to pack my own to use elsewhere in the room because I'll never be able to see anything in the bathroom while DH showers...he turns the place into a sauna!

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the hairdryers. The bathroom sinks are in the bathroom, not outside.... right? I know some places have the toilet and tub in a small room and the sinks are outside but from pics it looks like they are all in one room. So the blowdryer would be in there, right? Is there anyway to unplug it and use it in another outlet. Usually, I shower first and then while I'm drying my hair, DH showers. If the provided hairdryer can only be used in the bathroom, then I'm going to pack my own to use elsewhere in the room because I'll never be able to see anything in the bathroom while DH showers...he turns the place into a sauna!

The hair dryer is in a bag under the sinks and can moved to where ever you want :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

A few pics from a recent trip...Room 4824: This room is located on the 12th floor, Bay Lake side, closest to the end near the MK:

The hallway leading back to the elevators:

Your view from the hallway looking down:

Standing in the hallway looking at the MK:

Your view from you balcony looking right:

Your balcony view looking straight ahead:

The room looked like all other tower rooms so I won't add them. Just thought I'd give a peek into this floor...Enjoy!

A few pics from a recent trip...Room 4824: This room is located on the 12th floor, Bay Lake side, closest to the end near the MK:

Great pics....thanks for sharing :goodvibes. I am getting so excited for our first CR stay in December :yay:.

Yay yay yay!!!!:cool1: Congrats on your score!! You will LOVE the CR!! :cool1:
We are thinking of taking a quick "adult" weekend getaway trip in early November! Hubby online (on another computer as I type - heehee) trying to check on prices! Woot woot!! How did you ever score 30% off? That's awesome!! :thumbsup2

How did you ever score 30% off?

I'm not the one you quoted, but the new RO discounts that just got released 8/1 consisted of discounts up to 30% off, depending on dates and resort/room type. I was able to snag 20% off CR TPV CL for 12/17-12/19. I read some predictions prior to the discount being released that certain CR rooms would only be 5%, so needless to say, I was overjoyed to see it at 20% :goodvibes. I also got 30% off of the Poly for 12/22-12/24, for which dates I wasn't even counting on any discount, let alone 30%.

Hi,

We checked in today to Garden Wing - standard room and no fridge. I had requested a fridge on my reservation. I was excited at check-in and forgot to mention anything and the CM never said there was no fridge. Got up to the room and big empty hole...called down and was told there should be a note. I said no, nothing, and nothing was said when I checked in. She double checked my reservation and than gave a speech about the replacement issues and apologized.

Room is really nice. Lots of space to spread out.

Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!

Hi,

We checked in today to Garden Wing - standard room and no fridge. I had requested a fridge on my reservation. I was excited at check-in and forgot to mention anything and the CM never said there was no fridge. Got up to the room and big empty hole...called down and was told there should be a note. I said no, nothing, and nothing was said when I checked in. She double checked my reservation and than gave a speech about the replacement issues and apologized.

Room is really nice. Lots of space to spread out.

Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!

I hate hearing about no fridge :crazy2:

I guess I'll keep my Garden Grocer order on hold or else modify it....

So, did they bring you a fridge after you called or were there none available?

I'm not the one you quoted, but the new RO discounts that just got released 8/1 consisted of discounts up to 30% off, depending on dates and resort/room type. I was able to snag 20% off CR TPV CL for 12/17-12/19. I read some predictions prior to the discount being released that certain CR rooms would only be 5%, so needless to say, I was overjoyed to see it at 20% :goodvibes. I also got 30% off of the Poly for 12/22-12/24, for which dates I wasn't even counting on any discount, let alone 30%.

We were able to get 30% off for early November CR TPV!! :cool1:
At the same time we're waitlisted for a TPV studio at the BLT using points. Time will tell where we end up!!! Just soooo excited for a "last minute" trip!! :cool1:

Does anyone know if the Disney Junior channel is available on the tvs in the room at CR? I only ask because last year when we stayed at YC in August, Disney Junior was not part of the line up.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter