(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for our first stay at the CR in a MKV Atrium CL room for December. It would be nice to be close to the lounge, but I'm wondering if it's necessary to request that. How far from the lounge are the farthest rooms? I know some CL rooms at other resorts are a hike to/from the lounge and although I don't need to be right on top of the lounge, I'd like to not be real far from it either. I know requests are just that and aren't guaranteed, but if the farthest room(s) aren't that far away, I won't bother making that request ;). TIA to anyone who can give me some input :flower3:.

Well if you look again at the pics I posted a short time ago you will see a hallway shot. Where I was standing to take that pic was in front of 4824 which is the last room before the emergency stairwell and the glass nearest the MK (on the bay lake side). So that room is as "bad" as it could get. The mural and elevators are located in the center of the building and the lounge is to the right if you get off the elevator and turn right and walk about ten feet. It is a very short easy walk and honestly I think being on that end was quiet and nice in that you had an MK view when you walked out your front door. In fact my mother watched the fireworks there. Also this room did not have a connecting door to the next room so we never heard neighbors.

So far from the reports we have gotten back, it seems that the tower rooms have fridges and the GW's does not. :confused3

Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - Your parking pass is valid all day on your check out day.

:thumbsup2

Well if you look again at the pics I posted a short time ago you will see a hallway shot. Where I was standing to take that pic was in front of 4824 which is the last room before the emergency stairwell and the glass nearest the MK (on the bay lake side). So that room is as "bad" as it could get. The mural and elevators are located in the center of the building and the lounge is to the right if you get off the elevator and turn right and walk about ten feet. It is a very short easy walk and honestly I think being on that end was quiet and nice in that you had an MK view when you walked out your front door. In fact my mother watched the fireworks there. Also this room did not have a connecting door to the next room so we never heard neighbors.

I do remember that pic, but I'm going to go back and look again. Thanks for your input......I get more excited as each day goes by :goodvibes.

Hmmm. I guess it is the luck of the draw. We put in a request because we need a fridge for insulin. I really hope we get lucky and have one.

Sorry about the fridge. :(
Can't wait to hear more about your band experience! Did you get any parade or fireworks FP+s?

Are you keeping them on the whole time?

I've been contemplating wearing it around here for a day, so I can report on my comfort in 70s and AC versus Disney in August. So I'll let you know!

Great, let me know if you keep them on. Are they easy for your 3 year old to take off?

So I got here at 10. Our room isn't ready and the condescending family doesn't want to do anything or and show enthusiasm. Our MagicBands don't connect to the elevator so we have to enter through our regular key cards. Meh.

Great, let me know if you keep them on. Are they easy for your 3 year old to take off?

I've been wearing it all day at work and it really isn't bugging me at all. It was at first, but I think it's because I was focused on it.

DD just turned 4. Right now it's sized so that she can slip it on and off (she just did it this afternoon when I put mine on.) I'm not sure if she can pull it off herself if I make it tighter, but I think she can. I will have her test it for you! ;)

So I got here at 10. Our room isn't ready and the condescending family doesn't want to do anything or and show enthusiasm. Our MagicBands don't connect to the elevator so we have to enter through our regular key cards. Meh.

I hope things get better! :goodvibes

UPDATE: We are now in the room. Eveything is clean and pretty. No fridge. Magicbands worked on the doors. Super cool. Everyone is sleeping off the jet lag since we all woke up at 2 AM

UPDATE: We are now in the room. Eveything is clean and pretty. No fridge. Magicbands worked on the doors. Super cool. Everyone is sleeping off the jet lag since we all woke up at 2 AM

Do you have a Magic Kingdom view? Just wondering if there is a noise issue with the construction of the new MK bus depot accross the street.

Thanks!

We do not have an TPV. But you cannot hear the noise outside the club level while you are next to the window. You can hear it on the balcony.

EDIT: If you want your MagicBands to work you need to hold them against the thingy for a long time until you see the green light. You can't just flash it once quickly and go "Well, MagicBands are a bust." .

Katie

Hope everyone cheers up after naps! Can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

We leave for CR in 7 days and I JUST discovered the Contempo Cafe. We normally like the moderate resorts for their food courts (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, I'm wondering how big it is and how crowded it gets, especially for lunch and early dinners. I see the pictures from the beginning of the thread, but I can't figure out how big it is.

We leave for CR in 7 days and I JUST discovered the Contempo Cafe. We normally like the moderate resorts for their food courts (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, I'm wondering how big it is and how crowded it gets, especially for lunch and early dinners. I see the pictures from the beginning of the thread, but I can't figure out how big it is.

It's not a food court. It gets crazy crowded and empties all in about 3 minutes. You order your food, they hand you a piece of paper with your order, you go pay for it then they hand you a pager and suggest you go find a table if you are eating in. When your pager explodes, you go get your stuff. It's the cheapest and quickest way to get Mickey waffles (use the vegetarian option and you are not stuck paying for the extra meat products.)

CA Grill has been lit up at night. From afar, they appear to have added much more lighting, perhaps pendant lights? Hard to tell from afar, but it is very bright. I spoke to a manager who said the latest re-opening estimate is still around the first week of September.

Early morning from the trail along Bay Lake between FW and WL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter