(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been pushing my way through this long thread :goodvibes

In the meantime, I have three questions about the Deluxe rooms:

1. All this talk about the Boardwalk view rooms being noisy has me a little worried. For those that have stayed in the Deluxe rooms, how was the noise? With the sitting area between the beds and the balcony, does that make it a little quieter for sleeping? (since the beds are a little removed from the outside area)

2. Based on some of the feedback I've read, I will probably request 4th floor to be closer to the lounge, even though these rooms have a smaller balcony. But, how small are these 4th floor balconies? How many people can sit out there at once?

3. I understand there are only 10 Deluxe rooms. Are there any of the 10 that I wouldn't want to get? (ie...far from lounge ,really bad location or view, etc).

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I'm about 1/2 way through the thread :goodvibes

brettcw23 said:
Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.

Just to add to Brett's answer. The exit brings you out behind behind the Jellyrolls . Like he said, the path is right there. We were in room 2003 in September and it was so convenient to DHS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

So excited for our first BWI stay. I am surprising my children with a week stay before our Fantasy cruise, first Disney cruise. I decided to go all out as this is their Christmas present, so we are staying CL. Love the Epcot area, having stayed at BC several times. My daughter then leaves on 1/20/14 to start her 7 months with the DCP, so excited for her I have a feeling she won't be coming home and will decide to stay in FL. Magically I just got an ADR for BOG for dinner our first night, one of our favorites from our June trip. I had been trying every day since I booked this late and actually gasped when 5:05pm popped up. Just so excited for these 2 weeks with my children!:goodvibes

Just to add to Brett's answer. The exit brings you out behind behind the Jellyrolls . Like he said, the path is right there. We were in room 2003 in September and it was so convenient to DHS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

We were in 4094 so it actually brought us out right in between the Luna Pool and the Quiet Pool, so we were actually a good bit closer to DHS than if you came out by Jellyrolls. so your room would have been to the one side of the elevator bank and ours would have been the opposite side. Google maps will help with the visual.
:)

But the walk way is right there nonetheless whenever you leave from the backside of the resort.

Thanks so much, WDWKOOK! Still haven't finished reading all of the posts here, but am really enjoying it! Thanks to your recommendation, I now have a note on our reservation requesting Epcot view, 5th floor:)

BWI here we come...January 5-11th!

Hey y'all! Just have a quick question...we're here now, checked in yesterday for our 22nd anniversary! I know the rules..book the view you want, rather than wish for a pixie dusted upgrade, so I booked what I thought was a Boardwalk View. When we got to our room last night, we could indeed see a small portion of the Boardwalk, but our room most prominently faces the main courtyard area. Now I know I sound like I'm being a nit picky spoiled brat, but when we have booked boardwalk view before we actually faced the boardwalk, so I was a bit surprised. We decided to go ask at the front desk..we were very polite about it, not confrontational at all. The first girl we spoke with...super nice..completely understood. Then she brought over who I assume was a manager, who proceeded to tell me that all we actually booked was a water view room, and if we could see ANY of the boardwalk at all, it was because we just got lucky! Huh??

THIS..is the part that bothered me. I feel like she was insinuating that we got lucky to get something I feel like we paid several hundred dollars extra for! How can you have a water view and NOT see any portion of the Boardwalk?? It surrounds this whole side of the lake!

This was right after she tried to tell me that we booked a water view, not a boardwalk view, but then later said you CANNOT book a boardwalk view because that booking category doesn't exist! Allllrighty then! Lol

It says Water view as the booking category, but did you ask her if it was possible to move to another room, because you were thinking you would get a view of the Boardwalk? I'm surprised that they didn't offer to move you. Is the resort full?

It says Water view as the booking category, but did you ask her if it was possible to move to another room, because you were thinking you would get a view of the Boardwalk? I'm surprised that they didn't offer to move you. Is the resort full?

We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax!

The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?

We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax! The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?

I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Thanks so much! Hope you do as well! It's beautiful weather, food has been great, crowds no problem, and even the Magic Band and FP+ has all been perfect! You have lots to look forward to! :D

1. All this talk about the Boardwalk view rooms being noisy has me a little worried. For those that have stayed in the Deluxe rooms, how was the noise? With the sitting area between the beds and the balcony, does that make it a little quieter for sleeping? (since the beds are a little removed from the outside area)

2. Based on some of the feedback I've read, I will probably request 4th floor to be closer to the lounge, even though these rooms have a smaller balcony. But, how small are these 4th floor balconies? How many people can sit out there at once?

3. I understand there are only 10 Deluxe rooms. Are there any of the 10 that I wouldn't want to get? (ie...far from lounge ,really bad location or view, etc).

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I'm about 1/2 way through the thread :goodvibes
You are going to love the Deluxe Room- they are huge and the staff in the lounge are terrific.
1) As far as noise from the Boardwalk I have never had any problems, the acts finish no later than 10:00 PM, and even then with the balcony door closed you could barely hear them (the mime never made any noise!!).
2) As for location try not to get the 3rd floor, as you might find it inconvenient going to the lounge. The balconies on the 3rd floor are larger than the 4th, but the ones on the 4th are big enough to easily fit your family with a lot of room to spare.
3) On the 4th floor the first Deluxe Room past the door to the Innkeepers Club reception desk is 4255. This is farthest from the lounge (but still close) and you might find this room noisy as it close to the entranceway, and you can hear guests talking to the CM working the desk. Try to get 4225, 4227, and 4229 - all are all Deluxe Rooms over the Bakery and very close to the lounge.
Hope this helps you out.

We had a Deluxe room on the 3d floor above Seashore Sweets in August & heard absolutely nothing from below during the night. We enjoyed the larger balcony- which was very tight with all 4 of us out there. I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.

We didn't mind being on the floor below the lounge, the back stairway to go up was right outside of our room.

I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.
Having stayed in a 4th floor Deluxe Room I can tell you that the balconies will easily accomodate at least 4 people. I would easily trade off a smaller balcony for having to walk up and down the stairs going from the 3rd floor to the lounge.

You are going to love the Deluxe Room- they are huge and the staff in the lounge are terrific.
1) As far as noise from the Boardwalk I have never had any problems, the acts finish no later than 10:00 PM, and even then with the balcony door closed you could barely hear them (the mime never made any noise!!).
2) As for location try not to get the 3rd floor, as you might find it inconvenient going to the lounge. The balconies on the 3rd floor are larger than the 4th, but the ones on the 4th are big enough to easily fit your family with a lot of room to spare.
3) On the 4th floor the first Deluxe Room past the door to the Innkeepers Club reception desk is 4255. This is farthest from the lounge (but still close) and you might find this room noisy as it close to the entranceway, and you can hear guests talking to the CM working the desk. Try to get 4225, 4227, and 4229 - all are all Deluxe Rooms over the Bakery and very close to the lounge.
Hope this helps you out.

We had a Deluxe room on the 3d floor above Seashore Sweets in August & heard absolutely nothing from below during the night. We enjoyed the larger balcony- which was very tight with all 4 of us out there. I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.

We didn't mind being on the floor below the lounge, the back stairway to go up was right outside of our room.

Having stayed in a 4th floor Deluxe Room I can tell you that the balconies will easily accomodate at least 4 people. I would easily trade off a smaller balcony for having to walk up and down the stairs going from the 3rd floor to the lounge.

Thank you both so much for your feedback!! I really appreciate your responses...sounds like we can't go wrong with the Deluxe rooms!!

I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Have an awesome trip! I was reading earlier in this thread about your upgrade after the reclassification of the cottage suites...How great! Have a blast! :)

Thank you both so much for your feedback!! I really appreciate your responses...sounds like we can't go wrong with the Deluxe rooms!! Have an awesome trip! I was reading earlier in this thread about your upgrade after the reclassification of the cottage suites...How great! Have a blast! :)
Thank you SO much (re: our upgrade) Everyone in my family is so incredibly excited that they're constantly talking about how much they remember-(last time we were there was 2008 Can't wait to get there! One more day.

We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax!

The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?

I agree with you, I would be equally upset/annoyed at booking the water view and having a small side view of the Boardwalk.

A few more hours and we'll be on our way!
I can't even sleep! Report from BWI later!

First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!
Welcome to the BWI/BWV thread! Congratulations on your Disneymoon and what a wonderful time of the year to celebrate at WDW...the cooler weather, lower crowds and some decorations should hopefully just be going up before you leave. We'd love a photo or two if you get a chance:)

I'll be at BWI April 3 - 7 for my birthday. I'm super excited! party:
I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin and what a great birthday celebration you're going to have. Make sure it's noted in your reservation.

So excited for our first BWI stay. I am surprising my children with a week stay before our Fantasy cruise, first Disney cruise. I decided to go all out as this is their Christmas present, so we are staying CL. Love the Epcot area, having stayed at BC several times. My daughter then leaves on 1/20/14 to start her 7 months with the DCP, so excited for her I have a feeling she won't be coming home and will decide to stay in FL. Magically I just got an ADR for BOG for dinner our first night, one of our favorites from our June trip. I had been trying every day since I booked this late and actually gasped when 5:05pm popped up. Just so excited for these 2 weeks with my children!:goodvibes
How exciting and what a wonderful surprise Christmas present. Will your DD be doing a DCP blog like the epic Disneyfreak508's? Will you be doing a TR? I'd love to read about your two week adventure which may extend into the future when you're visiting your DD often;)

Thanks so much, WDWKOOK! Still haven't finished reading all of the posts here, but am really enjoying it! Thanks to your recommendation, I now have a note on our reservation requesting Epcot view, 5th floor:)

BWI here we come...January 5-11th!
I'll add you to the BWB and your trip is going to be here before you know it!

A few more hours and we'll be on our way!
I can't even sleep! Report from BWI later!
Are you there yet? Are you there yet? I know you're going to have a fantastic time and we can't wait to hear about your sweet suite upgrade:hyper:

At the BWI now, in the room with a sick sleeping child. Ugh! Anyways, we booked 2 rooms and on our confirmation it showed guaranteed connecting rooms... And we did get them, even with the resort booked to capacity. So that's good. One room has a tiny balcony and the other has a nice size. We were hoping for 5th floor facing Epcot but got 3rd floor facing a garden/courtyard area. It's nice and quiet, so no complaints about that. There was a strong musty odor by the bathroom, we did call housekeeping and the next day when we came back it smelled better than it did.....not sure what they did to the room. Also, the bus situation is not great here. I'm really shocked you have to share a bus with the swan and dolphin, aren't they not technically disney hotels?! Paying for a deluxe, it irritates me that you do need to stop there. It took us almost an hour it get back to BWI from DTD last night. Insane. Next time will take a taxi. Also, we have had 2 times where the MK bus pulls up but it's almost completely full so kind of a bummer that BWI is the last stop. That alone may be enough to sway me back to the poly next time. I do love being able to walk to Epcot. Took us 6 minutes. Haven't walked to HS yet, will do that tomorrow. The boardwalk area is pretty cool and lots of food choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter