(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got to see a few different acts there which was fun but the Illuminations display was not as viewable as I had expected given the location to BWV.

I never thought of that! I guess b\c I was on the back side overlooking the Luna Pool, something like that never occurred to me. We just looked out at the Boardwalk. Never even thought to look at the balconies to our left or right on the Resort.

Were you up to no good on that balcony that everyone was looking at you:stir:

Truthfully, any of the *negative* comments I've made are really nitpicking. BWV is a great resort. Location and atmosphere are top notch here. I can see how people fall in love with it. We'll def make our way back there.
Nope, just sitting there reading. And ducking the guest above who kept dumping his drink on the floor (and it ran down on top of me - the balcony was larger than most at BWV).

Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney's BoardWalk has introduced a new, seasonal, five-course prix fixe menu that will be offered every day. A beverage is not included, and no substitutions are allowed. The basic Disney Dining Plan is accepted -- the menu requires one entitlement, plus $19.50 surcharge. The Deluxe Dining Plan is also accepted -- one entitlement, plus $5 surcharge. A wine pairing is available for an additional $35.

~AllEars

Sounds interesting. They don't have this one the Allears menu itself yet, I wonder what it includes.

Nope, just sitting there reading. And ducking the guest above who kept dumping his drink on the floor (and it ran down on top of me - the balcony was larger than most at BWV).

That sounds awesome. :crazy2:

Are there any backdoors out the BWV side of the resort that allow a shortcut to the DHS path without having to walk across the parking lot or go around the boardwalk? Does the door to the Luna pool area have access to that path, or is the entire area now fenced in? Thanks!!!

:hug: I'll do my best to check in! Oh no, at 100%? :scared: I'm hoping that was just a carry-over from Columbus Day? Please, please, please let it be a carry-over. Fall semester break? Eep. :upsidedow
Only the messenger:hug:... I just saw this post HERE:

"I have been visiting WDW twice a year for the last 4 or 5 years now. I am here now, and this would be my 4th trip this year.

I looked at easywdw to check the crowd calendar and it could not be more WRONG! On top of that, the undercover tourist app is totally wrong too! easywdw showed today as a 3. I have been many times when it is a 3 and it never included lines that were 60+ minutes for several rides at MK. Even Stitch had a 20 minute wait!! Then at lunch I was looking at the undercover tourist app. It had MK, Epcot and HS all at yellow and AK was red. I looked at AK ride times just for the heck of it and it was the ONLY park that had reasonable ride times. It was just crazy!

We love Disney, more than most anything. We love coming here. But the crowds this year are completely not what we are used to and we don't care for it. It is no longer fun when all you are doing is fighting crowds. That along with this fast pass + thing, I think we are done with Disney for a while. We went to Epcot yesterday morning and fast passes for Soarin and Test Track were gone by 10:30am.

So I think that we both decided that in 2014, we are going to skip Disney. We are not renewing our annual passes and we are going to try somewhere else. It is so sad to even think about, but it has become more of a hassle, than fun. That usually means that it is time to move on."

We just got back from BWV on 10\19. It was a wonderful stay! The location could not have been better. Nestled in between EPCOT and DHS during the F&W Festival was awesome!

We were in 4094...which was PRETTY FAR from the elevators. Upside was that we were adjacent to a stairwell that put us right on the path to DHS and was nestled in between the clown pool and the Community Hall.

While we loved the ambiance and the the theme, we were a little bit underwhelmed by the room. Given that we had stayed at Kidani Village and BLT where there were multiple bathrooms, that may have spoiled us!

The other thing was getting our mugs refilled. The only refill station was at the BW Bakery. The other locations to get them filled was at the Leaping Libations Pool Bar and the Lounge. But with both of them, I felt like a cheapskate waiting in line with paying\tipping customers, just to get a free refill of diet Coke.

Not to put the resort down, it was fabulous. And if I think it would be super awesome if going with adults or older kids. I think the Belle Vue Lounge was really cool. To grab a cocktail and hang out in a relaxed space like that would have really cool.

And then the chairs on the deck overlooking the BoardWalk, good stuff.

And I can't say enough about the pool. We had upper 80* temps all week and the pool was like a gift from the Heavens. My girls LOVED the slide (which consequently, was perfectly visible from our balcony!).

We spent a lot of time at DHS and EPCOT and we were pleasantly surprised at how short the walk was to DHS. I dare say it was about the same as our walk to MK from BLT.

We started off on the wrong foot when we arrived at 12:30 and our room wasn't ready until 4:15 and then our MagicBands and KTTW didn't work. We think our room was readya long time before we got it. I never got a text on my phone saying that it was ready until I was at the front desk (2nd time) to have our keys fixed. "Magically" after the bands and cards were activated, I got my text. Hmmmm:headache:

But I don't hold the resort responsible for that. However, that can negatively influence your perception.

being in the DVC, we like to try different resorts and this was #3 for us. And it wa the perfect spot for the F&W Festival. We didn't get to try Fantasia mini gold or the surrey bikes, but they're on our agenda for next year.

Ohhh...the Boardwalk Bakery....too good to pass up. If you've never been to, and you see a line, just hop right into that line. It moves quick and the treats are spectacular! :thumbsup2
Thank you for posting about your stay:goodvibes. You'll have to go back so you can try out Fantasia;)

Was it at least top shelf?

That sounds awesome. :crazy2:
Oh, psac:sad2:

Are there any backdoors out the BWV side of the resort that allow a shortcut to the DHS path without having to walk across the parking lot or go around the boardwalk? Does the door to the Luna pool area have access to that path, or is the entire area now fenced in? Thanks!!!

Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.

Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.
Thank you for answering, I missed that question in my multi-quote.

Oh, I'd so much rather be warned... :worship: and because you gave me a heads up -- I read that same post earlier. :lmao: :faint:

So glad I booked our FP+s.
Great (and worried) minds...

I think everyone will leave the day you arrive - something about an epic bedbug and snake infestation;)

We got to see a few different acts there which was fun but the Illuminations display was not as viewable as I had expected given the location to BWV.

Yeah, it is not like the view from TOTWL. I should have told you to go and stand on the front bridge. That is a great viewing area. You can't see the globe, but a great view of the fireworks.

Yikes. That doesn't sound like Disney magic.

Only the messenger:hug:... I just saw this post HERE:

"I looked at easywdw to check the crowd calendar and it could not be more WRONG! On top of that, the undercover tourist app is totally wrong too! easywdw showed today as a 3. I have been many times when it is a 3 and it never included lines that were 60+ minutes for several rides at MK. Even Stitch had a 20 minute wait!! Then at lunch I was looking at the undercover tourist app. It had MK, Epcot and HS all at yellow and AK was red. I looked at AK ride times just for the heck of it and it was the ONLY park that had reasonable ride times. It was just crazy!."

I have noticed that trend as well. We've been going in October for the last 6 years. Our fall break is usually the first week in October, but sometimes, it is on the second week. Second week starts with Columbus day. It seems a lot more crowded. We were at MK over that week one time and it hit park capacity on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I had never experienced that before, and it was a nightmare.

We just booked our first stay at the BWI this afternoon for the first week of August 2014 :cool1: I am so excited to stay in this beautiful resort! I am especially looking forward to the extra space in the Deluxe rooms! Did I mention that I'm excited?? :cool1::cool1:

Here are a few pictures we took earlier this year. We stayed at the YC and loved the whole Epcot area. Now off to read this whole thread!:

This is brilliant. :rotfl2: :rotfl: Let's throw in some alligators for good measure. :scratchin
:rotfl:
Perfect. Tripod the gator lives in the MK, could he somehow get from Tom Sawyer Island to Crescent Lake without taking Disney transportation?:scratchin

We just booked our first stay at the BWI this afternoon for the first week of August 2014 :cool1: I am so excited to stay in this beautiful resort! I am especially looking forward to the extra space in the Deluxe rooms! Did I mention that I'm excited?? :cool1::cool1:

Here are a few pictures we took earlier this year. We stayed at the YC and loved the whole Epcot area. Now off to read this whole thread!
:welcome: and thank you for your photos. You're going to love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS and the sitting area is nice to have in the Deluxe room. Happy planning!

Does anyone have the link to the Halloween events at the Boardwalk? I know I saw it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!

First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!

Does anyone have the link to the Halloween events at the Boardwalk? I know I saw it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!

There's a link to this month's activity calendar on the first post of the thread. I think page 2 lists what they've got in store for Halloween.

First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!

Congratulations! :goodvibes
what a wonderful way to start your life together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter