(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some things I like to enjoy: (1) Playing checkers in the Belle Vue Lounge in the afternoon. DD (who is now 18) still enjoys this quiet, cool down time with me. We get a soda and laugh when she whips me three games in a row. It's a lot more fun to play with real checkers than to play on an iPad. (2) Checking out the display cases in the elevator landings on the various floors. This is more of a 'me' thing than interesting to children or husbands (at least mine), but I love to look at the collection of sea shell frames, photos, tea sets, etc. from "the day." (3) Go into SeaShore Sweets and look at the photos of all the Miss Americas. (4) The quiet/leisure pool on the BWI side. It is a quiet escape. The gardens over there are quite lovely, too. (5) In the evening, the performers along the Boardwalk are fun. (6) Only for those 21 and older, but Jelly Rolls is a terrific dueling piano bar. Drinks are expensive, but the entertainment is fantastic. I believe it is $12 to enter.
Great suggestions!

For a week stay, I'd suggest getting the refillable mugs. You'll get your money's worth.

Do visit Jellyrolls at night and check out the Boardwalk entertainment.

Between the Boardwalk, the Y&B Club and the Swan and Dolphin, you have a lot of dining choices within walking distance. So take advantage.

Walking distance is a subjective concept at BWV. There is only one bank of elevators, so the lower number rooms are the farthest walk. But then, you are closer to DHS. If long walk is an issue, ask for a room near the elevators.

Btw, little bit of trivia since kook mentioned being able to see the Eiffel Tower. France is the only pavilion in EPCOT where they had to decorate the backstage facing parts of France, since they realized when building the Yacht & Beach Club that the backstage areas are visible to guests staying there.

One week from today and I will be there :banana:
More great suggestions and I love the French pavilion trivia!

Another bit of trivia is the back of Tower of Terror is painted and designed to match the Morrocan decor since you can see parts of it from Morocco. Not sure what that has to do with BW, so I'll give myself a :offtopic:
Keep all this great trivia coming - love it and it's not OT at all:)

Hi there! Just booked 2 nights CL at BWI for mid June. BC is usually my home but we have friends staying at Boardwalk and we got a great passholder discount. Heading off property to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek for three nights afterward.

Excited to learn about the ins and outs of Boardwalk on this thread!

What is the bedding like at BWI (specifically a standard club level room if that matters)? I read a review that says the beds just have the thin blankets. Are there fluffy duvets or comforters? Can they be requested?

Btw, I learned that but of trivia on something I highly recommend, the Keys to the Kingdom tour at EPCOT

Btw, I learned that but of trivia on something I highly recommend, the Keys to the Kingdom tour at EPCOT

I did that tour a few years ago & still remember all the little tidbits I learned. GREAT tour, I highly recommend it!

CL question - it looks like there are no hot appetizers at BWI CL (like at WL & BC, the only other ones I've stayed at) -just wine & cheese between 5-6:30 - is that correct? That's fine by me, I just want to be sure before I plan dinner ADRS. With hot apps I usually make a much later dinner ADR, without them, I'll probably try for more normal dinner time hours.

CL question - it looks like there are no hot appetizers at BWI CL (like at WL & BC, the only other ones I've stayed at) -just wine & cheese between 5-6:30 - is that correct? That's fine by me, I just want to be sure before I plan dinner ADRS. With hot apps I usually make a much later dinner ADR, without them, I'll probably try for more normal dinner time hours.

They have hot appetizers at the Innkeeper's Club.

TaraPA said:

As mentioned above, they have hot appetizers every evening. Last time we were there we especially enjoyed some yummy pot stickers.

In addition to the hot appetizers they have cold salads, PBJ for the kids, dip and vegetables, apples with caramel. You won't go hungry.

I just noticed that on Allears.net... the Leaping Horse Libations pool bar says "closed for refurb" next to their menu. Does anyone know if this is true? I didn't find anything on their actual "refurbs and closings" page or here (though I didn't look too hard :ssst: ) Just didn't know what to expect for our Sept. trip... same menu or not?

They have hot appetizers at the Innkeeper's Club.

As mentioned above, they have hot appetizers every evening. Last time we were there we especially enjoyed some yummy pot stickers.

In addition to the hot appetizers they have cold salads, PBJ for the kids, dip and vegetables, apples with caramel. You won't go hungry.

Thanks all! :cool1:

Hey there neighbor -Nascargirl! I'm right next to you in Lower Saucon!

Hey TaraPa I see that. I answered your question on the other CL forum about balconies. We have been on both floors but prefer the 4th floor. If you don't mind taking the steps and walking a few extra min then go for the larger balcony. It will be hot during the day, but it should be pleasant at night and first thing in the AM. We head down in 2 wks.:);):thumbsup2

Sorry for any confusion. I didn't post photos of the appetizers that are served from 5-7 so it may appear they don't exist, but be assured that they will be there when you stay for DS's birthday.

Sorry for any confusion. I didn't post photos of the appetizers that are served from 5-7 so it may appear they don't exist, but be assured that they will be there when you stay for DS's birthday.

Oh no confusion on your part - I saw on ALL Ears it just said "wine & cheese" between 5-6:30 & thought maybe it literally meant JUST wine & cheese!

But the million dollar question is.....do they have oatmeal at breakfast?!?!? :thumbsup2

(and yes WL CL did still have the oatmeal out in late March & it was heavenly...)

Ok waterparks - I've been to WDW over 20 times & have never done a water park! The boys beg to do them so its time. I HATE water parks, so what suggestions do you have for me?

Oh no confusion on your part - I saw on ALL Ears it just said "wine & cheese" between 5-6:30 & thought maybe it literally meant JUST wine & cheese!

But the million dollar question is.....do they have oatmeal at breakfast?!?!? :thumbsup2

(and yes WL CL did still have the oatmeal out in late March & it was heavenly...)

Ok waterparks - I've been to WDW over 20 times & have never done a water park! The boys beg to do them so its time. I HATE water parks, so what suggestions do you have for me?
I should have preempted the oatmeal question by reporting that YES! They do have it (I have some breakfast photos on the first page). Well, at least in April they had it so I think it's year 'round and not seasonal, like WL. And they have the sliced hard boiled eggs that WL doesn't have. AllEars is great, but their CL information is, well... Hot and cold Hors D'oeuvres are served from 5-7.

Ah, the water parks. I recall schlepping those 'water craft' up many flights of stairs when DD was younger:rolleyes2. If your DS is 13, he can carry them himself. I dislike hordes of people, so I go only during AM EMH. This works out well for the water parks as they are much less crowded, you can easily get on all the rides and it's not as hot. By lunch, we are all done and head back to the resort. I prefer driving to the water park, but have taken the bus from WL. I've never used the BWI buses (we walked or drove) so I can't comment on them.

And they have the sliced hard boiled eggs that WL doesn't have.

Ah, the water parks. I dislike hordes of people, so I go only during AM EMH. This works out well for the water parks as they are much less crowded, you can easily get on all the rides and it's not as hot. By lunch, we are all done and head back to the resort.

Agreed!!! First, one of the reasons I love CL at BWI is the hard boiled eggs. I rarely eat breakfast, but at BWI, it was hard boiled eggs, strawberries, juice and coffee every morning. These items do not taste as good at home as they do in the BWI club lounge! :)

As for waterparks, also agreed!!! I strongly dislike waterparks, but will occasionally take one for the team. Usually I won't take one for the team on Disney time, but I gave in pre-cruise in 2011.

Honestly, I can say that Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite waterpark of all time (if you can have a favorite among things you don't love.) The theming is so well done, and it just seems so CLEAN compared to other waterparks. I'm sure Blizzard Beach is the same in terms of cleanliness, but we opted for TL because it just seems less hectic.

The bus from BWI to TL is fine (it's the way home that's not so great, but still OK.)

KOOK is absolutely right - morning EMH, then lunch, then escape! (Even better would be lunch back in the Epcot resort area, but that doesn't leave much time.)

And the wave pool at TL is really amazing and a ton of fun. We're in southern California jumping in the waves and boogie boarding every year, so we love big waves. It's not the same, but it's the best I've seen at a waterpark.

Maybe it's the Disney goggles, but the entire experience beats your typical waterpark!

Oh, and then after lunch, I'd recommend some time at the BWI quiet pool! :)

Hi there! Just booked 2 nights CL at BWI for mid June. BC is usually my home but we have friends staying at Boardwalk and we got a great passholder discount. Heading off property to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek for three nights afterward.

Excited to learn about the ins and outs of Boardwalk on this thread!

What is the bedding like at BWI (specifically a standard club level room if that matters)? I read a review that says the beds just have the thin blankets. Are there fluffy duvets or comforters? Can they be requested?

Welcome, west&east!!! Hope you love BWI CL as much as we do! The lounge is wonderful and the CMs are among the best at Disney. We request a boardwalk view and enjoy the beautiful view of YC/BC! Love sitting out on the balcony listening to the soothing boardwalk music and watching the friendship boats go by.

The bedding is very similar to the bedding at BC - fluffy comforters with the runner at the end of the bed. I think BWI, BC and YC have the most comfy beds in WDW. Unless they changed something recently, you'll be happy! :)

Welcome, west&east!!! Hope you love BWI CL as much as we do! The lounge is wonderful and the CMs are among the best at Disney. We request a boardwalk view and enjoy the beautiful view of YC/BC! Love sitting out on the balcony listening to the soothing boardwalk music and watching the friendship boats go by.

The bedding is very similar to the bedding at BC - fluffy comforters with the runner at the end of the bed. I think BWI, BC and YC have the most comfy beds in WDW. Unless they changed something recently, you'll be happy! :)

Thanks PixarMom! I think we chatted a couple of years ago when I was a club level newbie. So glad to hear that the beds at BWI are comfy! Excited to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter