(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for many ways to get there!

I have another question, do I have to enter the parks, like the MK to get the bus to FW? Do I need park admission?

thanks again!
Deedee

No, you don't need to enter MK to get the boat. From where the bus drops you off, walk toward the entrance to MK. The lagoon will be on your left, and there are several docks where the boats pick people up for the various resorts. I don't honestly remember which dock has the FW boat, but they are well marked. The advantage of taking a boat to FW is that the boat drops you practially next to the Hoop De Doo Revue venue (I forget the name of the building.). If you take a bus to FW. you'll have to transfer to yet another, internal, bus , which will drive through the resort, to get to the show, and that can take a while. For my money, the boat is a much more efficient way to get there.

What's the best way to get to the Polynesian without a car for a 9:30am breakfast reservation? Through Epcot to monorail?

You have to have park tickets to get through the International Gateway (IG) to get to the monorail and it is quite a long walk. Plus, depending on the day, Epcot may not open until 9:00 AM and they won't let you through there. Again, there are numerous ways, but I believe the most efficient is to take a bus to MK and then a boat over to Poly. You could also take the bus to MK and catch the resort monorail over to the Poly, but it has 2 other stops.

Thank you so much for many ways to get there!

I have another question, do I have to enter the parks, like the MK to get the bus to FW? Do I need park admission?

thanks again!
Deedee

The route Kook and I gave you do not require theme park tickets. The boat entrances are outside of the theme park.

Let me preface by saying I have never gone from BWI to FW (so why am I responding??? :upsidedow ). But seriously, I did stay at BC in 2008 and had to get to the afternoon tea at GF. We did the 'free' transportation. Since we weren't at MK that morning or going to be there for the evening, it ended up taking so long to get there and back (and we tried two different 'free' ways). It took the whole hour and a half to get from one resort to another so a total of 3 hours traveling :scared: So the lesson I learned was that I should take a taxi from resort to resort if they weren't in monorail/boating/walking distance of each other. I felt like we spent so much time on the transportation that we really lost out on time we could have been at the parks or the pool. So there's my two cents for what it is worth. It is worth the $15 to get a ride directly!

The Disney transportation can take an hour or more, especially when double transportation modes (bus to monorail, bus to boat, etc.). For us, the Disney transportation is just another adventure. My dream is to retire to WDW and be the boat captain for the MK, Poly, GF route. So, while I am not particularly fond of the buses, a monorail or boat journey is just part of the fun. And, the buses do have the Disney info and greetings, so they are still fun.

The Disney transportation can take an hour or more, especially when double transportation modes (bus to monorail, bus to boat, etc.). For us, the Disney transportation is just another adventure. My dream is to retire to WDW and be the boat captain for the MK, Poly, GF route. So, while I am not particularly fond of the buses, a monorail or boat journey is just part of the fun. And, the buses do have the Disney info and greetings, so they are still fun.

With 4 children in tow for that particular adventure (the youngest being 1), it was not as fun as an adventure as I would have liked :laughing:

I hear you though, much of the transportation is unique and fun in its own right. It definitely depends on how long it takes and if you feel it is worth your time versus the money it costs for a taxi (or rental car if you are comfortable driving).

Booked CL for Dec. I am quickly approaching my 2 week (this Thurs) mark until ADR date (June 21). I have not heard anything from IPO yet...when should I hear from them?

Booked CL for Dec. I am quickly approaching my 2 week (this Thurs) mark until ADR date (June 21). I have not heard anything from IPO yet...when should I hear from them?
Go ahead and send them an email now with your confirmation # in the subject heading: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Tell them the dates you're booked and that you've not heard from them yet. You can even let them know now what you need them to do for you (ADRs, reservations, room requests, etc...) You'll get an immediate robo-email and then soon after that, you'll get a response from the YC/BC IPO (they are the IPO for BWI).

Go ahead and send them an email now with your confirmation # in the subject heading: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Tell them the dates you're booked and that you've not heard from them yet. You can even let them know now what you need them to do for you (ADRs, reservations, room requests, etc...) You'll get an immediate robo-email and then soon after that, you'll get a response from the YC/BC IPO (they are the IPO for BWI).

Thanks so much! I will do that now.

I can't remember if I asked this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!

I am staying on cash at BWV in a 1 BDR villa. When we stayed at WLV, we took a bunch of bubble baths but I can't remember if I brought my own or if they provided any.

The question is - does BWV provide bubble bath as part of the toiletries in a 1 BDR villa for folks staying on cash?

Thanks!

I'm staying at BWV Studio in July!! It's my first time staying at this resort!

What type(s) of room requests are typically popular at BWV?? I'm in a standard room.

What type(s) of room requests are typically popular at BWV?? I'm in a standard room.

They are mostly all great, just depends what you're looking for. Boardwalk view is wonderful, you get to see all of the action going on down below. The lower floors can be noisy depending on your location. (Big River Grille comes to mind). The pool view rooms are also nice too. We had a bottom floor room by the kiddie pool once and it was wonderful. No noise at night and ability to just walk out of room to the pool. The standard view may give you something near the traffic circle and that can be noisy as well. I would request a high floor Boardwalk view. Pool view as my second choice.

Disney does not provide bubble bath. As soon as we get off of the plane at MCO we hit the Lush store for bubble bars!

are you staying on DVC points or cash?
fyi, BW view villas (20% of the resort, and face crescent lake) are only available when booked with points.
if you are paying cash, you will most likely get a preferred pool/garden view (60% of the resort), meaning a view of a pool, gardens, and/or swan/dolphin and the waterway to DHS.
btw, the other 20% are standard view rooms (view is of the front of resort, and a glimpse of parking lot thru trees), which are usually booked quickly by DVC members because of their low point cost.
if staying on cash, ask for a higher floor for more likelihood of an illuminations view. there is only one elevator bank, so request near elevator if you have a stroller or physically handicapped person. there are multiple stairwells, which we use almost exclusively when staying on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
hth

Thanks for your help Laurie! I'm not staying on points. I'm a new seasonal CM so I booked it with the CM 60% off. It was $50+ cheaper to stay in the Villas than the Inn so I figured it didn't matter which I was in. I'm on a quest to stay at all the resorts. I only have BW (Staying in July), AoA (Staying later this month), + GF and then I've stayed at them all!

Thanks for the advice, I'll call and add on High Floor (which I was thinking I wanted anyways) and see what Pixie Dust I get!!

We're booked for August. 8 nights BWI Deluxe CL.

I've been doing my homework searching these threads but I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I realize the Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies, but are a floor away from the lounge. The 4th floor DxCL rooms have a smaller balcony, but are just steps away from the Lounge.

We've talked about this with the family and what I think will help us decide which floor to request would be actual pics of the balconies themselves.

Even if it is a pic from the outside looking up at the resort and not a pic taken directly of the balcony it would really help us in our decision making.

Sooooo...does anyone have a pic or two to help us with the planning?? Pretty please and thank you.

We're booked for August. 8 nights BWI Deluxe CL.

I've been doing my homework searching these threads but I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I realize the Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies, but are a floor away from the lounge. The 4th floor DxCL rooms have a smaller balcony, but are just steps away from the Lounge.

We've talked about this with the family and what I think will help us decide which floor to request would be actual pics of the balconies themselves.

Even if it is a pic from the outside looking up at the resort and not a pic taken directly of the balcony it would really help us in our decision making.

Sooooo...does anyone have a pic or two to help us with the planning?? Pretty please and thank you.

I don't know how to link another thread in here for you but maybe someone else can. There are photos on the the BWI thread under resorts. First page. THere are a few photos of the smaller balcony and then a few of the larger ones. THere is a big difference. Hope that helps. BTW, when in Aug are you there? We are also going in Aug and staying in a deluxe room. Maybe we will see you there!

I don't know how to link another thread in here for you but maybe someone else can. There are photos on the the BWI thread under resorts. First page. THere are a few photos of the smaller balcony and then a few of the larger ones. THere is a big difference. Hope that helps. BTW, when in Aug are you there? We are also going in Aug and staying in a deluxe room. Maybe we will see you there!

I am trying to find a ticker to add to my sig now, lol. But...we're there August 15-23rd.
That'd be pretty neat if some of our days overlapped :)

Are those balcony pictures of the Deluxe balconies or the regular room ones? We've been looking at those pics and weren't sure.

Is there even a difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter