(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find a ticker to add to my sig now, lol. But...we're there August 15-23rd.
That'd be pretty neat if some of our days overlapped :)

Are those balcony pictures of the Deluxe balconies or the regular room ones? We've been looking at those pics and weren't sure.

Is there even a difference??

Hmm. That is a good question. I always assumed they were the same, but they could not be. I don't know. Anyone???
We are arriving on the 23rd. Too bad!! My kids love meeting others at the pool. I hope you have a fabulous trip!

Hmm. That is a good question. I always assumed they were the same, but they could not be. I don't know. Anyone???
We are arriving on the 23rd. Too bad!! My kids love meeting others at the pool. I hope you have a fabulous trip!

If you can find a picture with Seashore Sweets in it, those are the deluxe rooms above it. Right on the "roof" are the third floor balconies (and you'll see they're much bigger and basically connected in a row), and above those are the fourth floor balconies, which are smaller and "free standing" (not connected to each other.

Ps -- speaking of Seashore Sweets, one of my best tips which I haven't given in a while, is that when we were there in November, the hand scooped ice cream portions were HUGE. We'd get two scoops and eat half and save half (we were in the villa side with a freezer) for the next day. Perfect for sharing with two people if you can't save.

If you can find a picture with Seashore Sweets in it, those are the deluxe rooms above it. Right on the "roof" are the third floor balconies (and you'll see they're much bigger and basically connected in a row), and above those are the fourth floor balconies, which are smaller and "free standing" (not connected to each other.

Ps -- speaking of Seashore Sweets, one of my best tips which I haven't given in a while, is that when we were there in November, the hand scooped ice cream portions were HUGE. We'd get two scoops and eat half and save half (we were in the villa side with a freezer) for the next day. Perfect for sharing with two people if you can't save.

Thank you!! I will have to show the pic to the family tonight.

Can I ask if you are familiar with the stairwell that leads from the 3rd floor rooms to the 4th floor lounge? Is it a far walk if we opt for the 3rd floor room?

Thank you!! I will have to show the pic to the family tonight.

Can I ask if you are familiar with the stairwell that leads from the 3rd floor rooms to the 4th floor lounge? Is it a far walk if we opt for the 3rd floor room?

We were in the 4th floor center room, so we didn't have to use those stairs, I'm sure others can chime in. We loved the room we had. I can't imagine it's a far walk, it's one floor, then through the door and hallway to the lounge, the latter parts of which you'd have to do from the 4th floor anyway!

God, I need something to cheer me up!:sad1:

My wife and I have trying to plan our first DVC vacation ever since we joined last October. After a bunch of changes in dates, family members joining us, and acoomodations. we finally settled on the July 27-August 4 in a 2 BR at BWV! Finally getting psyched for this!

Now there is a possibility that we may not be able to take that week off from work. Normally we're pretty flexible, but there is zero availability anywhere save for OKW or SSR for a 2BR, and we have no interest in staying at either place. Let's hope we can stay on our original plan!

God, I need something to cheer me up!:sad1:

My wife and I have trying to plan our first DVC vacation ever since we joined last October. After a bunch of changes in dates, family members joining us, and acoomodations. we finally settled on the July 27-August 4 in a 2 BR at BWV! Finally getting psyched for this!

Now there is a possibility that we may not be able to take that week off from work. Normally we're pretty flexible, but there is zero availability anywhere save for OKW or SSR for a 2BR, and we have no interest in staying at either place. Let's hope we can stay on our original plan!

Ah yes, the whole family thing. We tried that one year, and after suffering that ordeal (similar to yours), we just decided that we would book our vacation at 11months out where we wanted to stay. If we could coordinate something later with family and rooms were available, then we would try and work it out. We first bought into SSR, than later at BLT & BWV. I liked both resorts although they are quite different than BWV. Good luck.

Ah yes, the whole family thing. We tried that one year, and after suffering that ordeal (similar to yours), we just decided that we would book our vacation at 11months out where we wanted to stay. If we could coordinate something later with family and rooms were available, then we would try and work it out. We first bought into SSR, than later at BLT & BWV. I liked both resorts although they are quite different than BWV. Good luck.

Thanks Goofy. All of the changes we've made are enough to kill mere mortals. Our most recent plans were the ones most set in stone, I just hope we don't have to change them again. Cross your fingers.

deadhedjen-We have used the stairs on several occasions and it is not a bad walk at all especially if you are coming from your room. Now if we were coming back from the parks we would just take the elevator right to the 4th floor and head to the lounge.

deadhedjen-We have used the stairs on several occasions and it is not a bad walk at all especially if you are coming from your room. Now if we were coming back from the parks we would just take the elevator right to the 4th floor and head to the lounge.

Thank you! We're going to request the larger balcony then. Crossing fingers we get it :thumbsup2

Disney does not provide bubble bath. As soon as we get off of the plane at MCO we hit the Lush store for bubble bars!

MCO has a Lush store???!!

Definitely going to make a pit stop there. Either on our way to DME or before we head back home. Love the stuff at Lush. :lovestruc

Thank you! We're going to request the larger balcony then. Crossing fingers we get it :thumbsup2

We had the same debate and ended up going with the 4th floor and the smaller balcony, and we were sorry we did. One of the BEST parts of staying at the BWI is sitting out on your balcony and people watching/taking in the atmosphere! Unfortunately, we had to do so in shifts because the balcony was so small. :rotfl:

I can't remember if I asked this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!

I am staying on cash at BWV in a 1 BDR villa. When we stayed at WLV, we took a bunch of bubble baths but I can't remember if I brought my own or if they provided any.

The question is - does BWV provide bubble bath as part of the toiletries in a 1 BDR villa for folks staying on cash?

Thanks!

Dont' turn on the jets in the jacuzzi tub if you have bubble bath in the tub. You will have a big mess as a result.

Definitely going to make a pit stop there. Either on our way to DME or before we head back home. Love the stuff at Lush. :lovestruc

You can smell the store from several feet away!
I live in NY, where we have a number of their stores, and believe it or not, MCO was where I first discovered LUSH. I have been hooked ever since.
Enjoy!!

You also have Basin in DTD or at the GF. They have a wonderful selection of bath and body products. You can try out almost anything at the store.

I just returned from a week at BWI at the Inkeeper's Club. It was the same wonderful experience that it always is!! The concierge members are one big happy family who are always ready and willing to help the guests and make their stay a most pleasant one. I've stayed on club level at many Disney Deluxe resorts. The BWI club level beats them all!!

You can smell the store from several feet away!
I live in NY, where we have a number of their stores, and believe it or not, MCO was where I first discovered LUSH. I have been hooked ever since.
Enjoy!!

We never miss shopping at LUSH when we're in NYC or even in AC.

Yes, basin products are nice (and we bring a big bag of Basin stuff home every trip), but they don't come close to Lush.

Was it worth the walk to Hess for the Beer? Are there sidewalks to get there?
The Hess Station is across the street from the entrance to BWI. On the first page of the thread, I have a link to the Hess which has current gas prices and lists what it sells.

I just returned from a week at BWI at the Inkeeper's Club. It was the same wonderful experience that it always is!! The concierge members are one big happy family who are always ready and willing to help the guests and make their stay a most pleasant one. I've stayed on club level at many Disney Deluxe resorts. The BWI club level beats them all!!

Welcome back! Did you book a BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter