(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Cottage request I made was "Balcony, please." I've read that only 3 of the 14 Cottages have French doors off the bedroom that lead to a balcony. I took that to mean that 11 Cottages have no balcony at all. Did I misinterpret this and actually they all have balconies, but only 3 have the French doors? I've looked at lots of photos, but I can't really tell. Maybe I should email the IPO and ask since I changed my room type anyway:confused3

I'm contemplating changing our STD CL room to a Garden Cottage/Suite for our upcoming 3-night stay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Cottage?

:yay:Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing:rolleyes1

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?

KOOK - I was going to respond about the Garden Suites when I read further and saw you already changed. I simply love the suites and think you made a great decision in changing your reservation. :thumbsup2 We went to the quiet pool the one evening and I specifically showed DH the Garden Suites and he loved how they had the private entrance and the area in general, it was so quiet and peaceful. :cloud9:

KOOK - I was going to respond about the Garden Suites when I read further and saw you already changed. I simply love the suites and think you made a great decision in changing your reservation. :thumbsup2 We went to the quiet pool the one evening and I specifically showed DH the Garden Suites and he loved how they had the private entrance and the area in general, it was so quiet and peaceful. :cloud9:
Thank you, Sheila:hug:. I was getting a little worried about all the crickets I was hearing after posting that I had changed to the cottage:laughing:. Did you make any tentative plans to return either to WDW or BWI?

Hi!
Some more questions:

1. In a Standard CL room, just exactly what "perks" do we get? I know we get access to the lounge, but what else comes with it?

2. Is there a favorite room request that we should consider or avoid? We will be there the week after Thanksgiving.

3. Is Boardwalk or Courtyard view generally considered better?

4. Are children (over 10) allowed in the Innkeeper's Lounge without parents?
1) You also get a private check-in in the lounge or the desk area by the Innkeeper's Club door. Plus the BWI IPO Cast Members will make your ADR's before you arrive.

2) Both times I stayed in a Standard Club Level Room (Dec 2010 & Dec 2011) I requested a Boardwalk view and I happen to get #4223 both times that comes with a Boardwalk view.

3) I wouldn't say either view is better because it depends on what each person likes.

4) I believe kids need to be at least 16 to be in the lounge by themselves, however I can't remember if that's the correct age.

Thank you, Sheila:hug:. I was getting a little worried about all the crickets I was hearing after posting that I had changed to the cottage:laughing:. Did you make any tentative plans to return either to WDW or BWI?

I so wanted to book a BB while there but it just is not feasible financially right now so we are thinking about a late February/early March trip in 2013. BWI is a definite as we both fell in love with the resort. We liked Kouzzina for breakfast so much after trying it the first morning we returned later in the week. The breakfast skillet was a big hit with DH and he is super picky has never in his life eaten sweet potatoes but loved the sweet potatoe hash. DH loved sitting down on the boardwalk in the evenings and also one morning that we cancelled a sit down breakfast we had an ADR for and just grabbed egg, ham and cheese croissants and cheese danish and coffee from the BW Bakery.

This just in from the BWI IPO:

Yes. Only 3 of the cottages have actual balconies the rest of them have
patios. All of the master bedrooms in the cottage suites are loft-style
some have the staircase off to the left and some have it off to the
right but they are all loft-style type suites. Hope this helps. Please
let us know if we can assist you further.

I so wanted to book a BB while there but it just is not feasible financially right now so we are thinking about a late February/early March trip in 2013. BWI is a definite as we both fell in love with the resort. We liked Kouzzina for breakfast so much after trying it the first morning we returned later in the week. The breakfast skillet was a big hit with DH and he is super picky has never in his life eaten sweet potatoes but loved the sweet potatoe hash. DH loved sitting down on the boardwalk in the evenings and also one morning that we cancelled a sit down breakfast we had an ADR for and just grabbed egg, ham and cheese croissants and cheese danish and coffee from the BW Bakery.
I am so glad you mentioned Kouzzina! The menu sounded great and I forgot to make a breakfast ADR for there so thank you for posting that you did like their breakfast and the new skillet.

I really hope that you get to book soon. It's so much fun to plan and have a WDW vacation to look forward to. I'm so happy that your trip was magical for you and DH and I wish you many, many more:goodvibes

We don't mind being far from the lounge, but we always prefer being on a secured-access floor. Since BWI's CL floor isn't exclusively CL-only anyway and the cottage has its own private entrance, I don't mind as much that it's not on the CL floor.
The Garden Suites are nice, and I am sure that you will have a great time, but I hope you aren't disapponted by the "security" aspect.
The cottages do not have their own private entrance - anyone can walk past them either to just walk around, or use the quiet pool which is adjacent to the cottages. Not only can BW guests gain access to this area, but anyone just visting the hotel can see the garden suites (from the outside obviously) if they wanted to. In this respect the cottages offer "less security" than if you were staying on the 4th floor. While only half of the 4th floor is CL, to get access to the CL rooms and lounge you still need to pass by the CL desk when it is manned, and when there is no one there you need to use you card to gain access. Yes I realize that you can gain access to the restricted area on the 4th floor by using the stairs from the 3rd floor, but I have have stayed CL at the CR and have had people (who were not staying CL) get off the 12th floor after I used my card in the elevator "just to take a look around", and no one stopped them.
In any case enjoy your stay at the BWI.

Hello there Boardwalk peeps! I'm just back from WDW and this was my first chance to explore my new DVC "home" a bit since completing my purchase. We didn't stay at BWV this time (we were in an offsite rental home because we were there with extended family), but we spent an afternoon and evening exploring the resort and enjoying its experiences.

First, I have to say I think I made a wonderful choice on my new home. I loved every square inch of it. The gorgeously themed lobby, the street performers on the Boardwalk at night, the proximity to Epcot!!!! :lovestruc I had been to the resort before on previous trips, but this time I was seeing everything through new eyes and was trying to take in more of the details.

The pool looked amazing. The DVC model villas were gorgeous. Dinner at ESPN was yummy. And we got to watch Illuminations from the bridge to Epcot (thanks CRResortFan for that tip! :thumbsup2).

I cannot wait for my first stay at BWV (tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26, 2013. Just waiting for my points to be loaded into Disney's system to make the reservation). In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you and your upcoming trips to the Boardwalk!

This just in from the BWI IPO:

Yes. Only 3 of the cottages have actual balconies the rest of them have
patios. All of the master bedrooms in the cottage suites are loft-style
some have the staircase off to the left and some have it off to the
right but they are all loft-style type suites. Hope this helps. Please
let us know if we can assist you further.
You must have been surprised at how fast they responded to you.

Although I remember when we e-mailed them before they responded very fast, so it at least they seem to be keeping that up.

Hello there Boardwalk peeps! I'm just back from WDW and this was my first chance to explore my new DVC "home" a bit since completing my purchase. We didn't stay at BWV this time (we were in an offsite rental home because we were there with extended family), but we spent an afternoon and evening exploring the resort and enjoying its experiences.

First, I have to say I think I made a wonderful choice on my new home. I loved every square inch of it. The gorgeously themed lobby, the street performers on the Boardwalk at night, the proximity to Epcot!!!! :lovestruc I had been to the resort before on previous trips, but this time I was seeing everything through new eyes and was trying to take in more of the details.

The pool looked amazing. The DVC model villas were gorgeous. Dinner at ESPN was yummy. And we got to watch Illuminations from the bridge to Epcot (thanks CRResortFan for that tip! :thumbsup2).

I cannot wait for my first stay at BWV (tentatively scheduled for Jan. 26, 2013. Just waiting for my points to be loaded into Disney's system to make the reservation). In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you and your upcoming trips to the Boardwalk!
It's great that you enjoyed visiting there and that you liked the ESPN Club, which is my favorite restaurant in WDW.

You're also welcome about the tip for watching Illuminations and I was happy to help.

I hope you enjoy staying at BWV and that your dates will be confirmed, so let us know when that happens.

1) You also get a private check-in in the lounge or the desk area by the Innkeeper's Club door. Plus the BWI IPO Cast Members will make your ADR's before you arrive.

2) Both times I stayed in a Standard Club Level Room (Dec 2010 & Dec 2011) I requested a Boardwalk view and I happen to get #4223 both times that comes with a Boardwalk view.

3) I wouldn't say either view is better because it depends on what each person likes.

4) I believe kids need to be at least 16 to be in the lounge by themselves, however I can't remember if that's the correct age.
Just a few other CL perks:

~Robes
~Automatic nightly turndown service
~If ever you need anything or have any problems when you're at BWI, you can call directly to the CL desk for help rather than calling a call center somewhere else
~The CL desks have free DVDs you can borrow

Also, I thought at WL the rules of conduct sign mentioned that guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult or else I wouldn't have allowed DD 12 at the time to go to the lounge alone.

The Garden Suites are nice, and I am sure that you will have a great time, but I hope you aren't disapponted by the "security" aspect.
The cottages do not have their own private entrance - anyone can walk past them either to just walk around, or use the quiet pool which is adjacent to the cottages. Not only can BW guests gain access to this area, but anyone just visting the hotel can see the garden suites (from the outside obviously) if they wanted to. In this respect the cottages offer "less security" than if you were staying on the 4th floor. While only half of the 4th floor is CL, to get access to the CL rooms and lounge you still need to pass by the CL desk when it is manned, and when there is no one there you need to use you card to gain access. Yes I realize that you can gain access to the restricted area on the 4th floor by using the stairs from the 3rd floor, but I have have stayed CL at the CR and have had people (who were not staying CL) get off the 12th floor after I used my card in the elevator "just to take a look around", and no one stopped them.
In any case enjoy your stay at the BWI.
I understand completely what you're saying about the security aspect. I suppose what I was trying to convey is that as far as WDW CL "security" is concerned, I would put resorts like WL, RPC, Poly, YC/BC and the CR higher up on the "secure" list than BWI and AKL because they have CL exclusive floors and/or buildings with keyed-access in the elevators/doors. I understand that BWI's CL does have a keyed-access door on the 4th floor in order to get to most of the CL rooms, but not all, and half the 4th floor rooms are non-CL. I also understand that CL at BWI was an afterthought and that's why it's not configured like most WDW CLs. But, they do have a desk outside the door which is manned, so that's a nice touch. Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy":confused3.

I guess I rationalized the non-secured access to the cottage because I figured if I booked a Deluxe room, then I had a 50% chance of being assigned a room on the 3rd floor anyway. And, even in a STD CL room which I had booked, there was a slim chance that we might not be behind the Innkeeper's Club door. At this point, I should also mention that I have been known to change resorts/room types when the mood strikes me. So any rationalization I might provide now for having switched to the cottage, might not apply tomorrow:rotfl:

Thank you for the well wishes for our trip, carlton the bear.

I bet you're really excited to get yourself booked at your new home away from home. Keep us updated!

Also, I thought at WL the rules of conduct sign mentioned that guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult or else I wouldn't have allowed DD 12 at the time to go to the lounge alone.
I just looked at the welcome letter all Club Level guests get when checking into the Boardwalk Inn and it said kids under 10 need to be in the lounge with an adult.

WDWKOOK said:
Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy":confused3.
Yes they all have a white picket fence.

WDWKOOK said:
~The CL desks have free DVDs you can borrow
For the record the DVD's are available to borrow at the desk inside the lounge and not at the desk by the Innkeeper's Club door.

Aren't all the cottages behind a white picket fence? I suppose that provides a little more "privacy":confused3. ....At this point, I should also mention that I have been known to change resorts/room types when the mood strikes me. So any rationalization I might provide now for having switched to the cottage, might not apply tomorrow:rotfl:
I am so excited for your GS ressie, KOOK. I toured one back in '08 or so, and I am sooo looking forward to having a good reason to pull the trigger and book one but mostly it's just DH and I sharing a room these days. I can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2 ....The white picket fence is something at least, and so cute too! :cutie: ......So you've been known to changes resorts/room types as the mood strike you, ehhh? Funny, me too. :goodvibes

I am so excited for your GS ressie, KOOK. I toured one back in '08 or so, and I am sooo looking forward to having a good reason to pull the trigger and book one but mostly it's just DH and I sharing a room these days. I can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2 ....The white picket fence is something at least, and so cute too! :cutie: ......So you've been known to changes resorts/room types as the mood strike you, ehhh? Funny, me too. :goodvibes
I'm glad you approve, MAGIC! I've pretty much run out of BWI/CL options at this point so that might mean I'm done fiddling with that reservation.

The more I thought about the Deluxe room, there just doesn't seem to be enough difference to make that upgrade "worth it". If there were an additional person who needed a pull-out than it would be great, but it's really just another TV, coffee table, pull-out and chair which is very nice, but probably wouldn't enhance our 3-person stay much. I decided to take the big leap with the cottage when DD asked if we'd have two bathrooms like we had at WL last summer:worship:. (But, I knew better than to tell her I changed - just in case;)) Two bathrooms is awfully nice with a teenage girl... We'll see how we feel about it and I'll report back in about 17 days:yay:

:yay:Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing:rolleyes1

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?

WDWKOOK, That sounds like such fun to stay in the cottages. I will look forward to hearing about your stay. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!

WDWKOOK, That sounds like such fun to stay in the cottages. I will look forward to hearing about your stay. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!
Thank you, Gwynne! I know that if I don't try it, I'll wonder about it for our upcoming summer anniversary vacation. I'm very honest with reviews, so I'll post from BWI and let everyone know.

What room do you have booked for your BWI stay?

Thank you, Gwynne! I know that if I don't try it, I'll wonder about it for our upcoming summer anniversary vacation. I'm very honest with reviews, so I'll post from BWI and let everyone know.

What room do you have booked for your BWI stay?

It will be great to read your review when you get back.

We're in a Standard CL room. We are so excited to be returning to Food and Wine this year. :yay:

I'm glad you approve, MAGIC! I've pretty much run out of BWI/CL options at this point so that might mean I'm done fiddling with that reservation.

The more I thought about the Deluxe room, there just doesn't seem to be enough difference to make that upgrade "worth it". If there were an additional person who needed a pull-out than it would be great, but it's really just another TV, coffee table, pull-out and chair which is very nice, but probably wouldn't enhance our 3-person stay much. I decided to take the big leap with the cottage when DD asked if we'd have two bathrooms like we had at WL last summer:worship:. (But, I knew better than to tell her I changed - just in case;)) Two bathrooms is awfully nice with a teenage girl... We'll see how we feel about it and I'll report back in about 17 days:yay:
Besides the extra TV you forgot about the guaranteed Boardwalk view and the chance of a bigger balcony, if you were given a room on the 3rd floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter