(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Is ROFR the new Grand Floridian DVC resort?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

I can't say why all the resorts are being done in stages, however it's not the first time when they have done something similar in stages. For example that whole new resorts computer system they installed last year, it was done in stages for each of the resorts and not at everyone during the same time. So I guess doing it like that is better then doing all the resorts at once, incase something goes wrong.

4. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

For each of my previous Club Level stays at the Boardwalk Inn, their IPO Cast Members have always sent us the same welcome e-mail and pre-planning form which I then fill out and send back to them.

5. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Right of First Refusal. It is a resale contract. The new one at GF will be interesting, but if this one goes thru, we will be good with a week each at BLT & BWV a year. I'm sure we'll stay there eventually, but GF is a monorail away and I still get a 5 min walk to MK.

6. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Thanks for the info CR ResortFan! I just found out today that I am going to be at WDW for two nights in May. I will be at Port Orleans FQ, so I will make sure to post a bit when I get back about the new channels. I am so excited to have the chance to go to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. It's a happy dance day! :banana:

7. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

:rotfl: I feel silly now! :rotfl: I sat here trying to figure out what that stood for!

I am SO interested in the new DVC at the GF, but every time I ask DVC about it they say they don't know anything yet. Enjoy your stays!

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Don't feel silly - do you know how many acronyms the DIS must use that not even the CMs know? I once said, "ADR" to a CM from the WDTC when I was making a room reservation and she asked me what that was:upsidedow. I've been using a made-up acronym on the GF thread: DVCCV which means DVC Construction View, which is my made-up term for the once beautiful LV/Poly/Chapel view from the RPC:sad2:. You never know, the new GFDVC might in fact end-up ROFR...

9. srutko1226

srutko1226 Earning My Ears

Thank you!

10. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

No need to feel silly. I can't keep up with them. I have to re-read them a few times and guess in the context. I just hope the contract comes thru by May so I can get book Easter week at the 11 month window.

11. robinsegg

robinsegg DIS Veteran

Hi!
    Been reading on here, and are just about sold on a standard CL room! We would go Nov. 2013, but have a question about Innkeeper's Lounge: When it closes, is there no longer any access? Or is there just no longer any service? I ask because we will have a 1yo, and wonder how to handle it if he/she doesn't sleep well at some point. Just wondering if I would need to go to the lobby, or if the IL would be available for me to sit with an awake baby :)

12. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Their lounge is open everyday from 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM and at 10:00 PM they close the doors for the evening. However just outside the lounge is a couch so if you ever needed to you could go over there if your child is not able to sleep.

13. WDWKOOK

I'm contemplating changing our STD CL room to a Garden Cottage/Suite for our upcoming 3-night stay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Cottage?

14. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Like I said before when I got a tour of one I personally didn't like their set up and the fair walk when going to the lounge. So after seeing it we then switched our December 2010 reservation from a Garden Cottage/Suite to a Standard Club Level Room.

Plus those are more expensive then the Standard Club Level Rooms and Deluxe Club Level Rooms, even with 35% - 40% Room Only discounts.

15. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Of course you didn't like Boardwalk, you are "CR fan for life". Are you even allowed on other threads? :rotfl: I hope you know I'm joking.

16. WDWKOOK

:yay:Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing:rolleyes1

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?

17. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

That staircase is the same exact one I used when going from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor, which also happens to lead outside to where the Garden/Cottage Suites are located.

So now that you reserved it I assume that you and your husband are ok with not staying on the actual Club Level floor and being farther away from the lounge.

Also don't forget there is no covered walkway if it happens to rain, so you will get wet when walking back to your room.

18. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Yes I know you were joking.

19. WDWKOOK

We don't mind being far from the lounge, but we always prefer being on a secured-access floor. Since BWI's CL floor isn't exclusively CL-only anyway and the cottage has its own private entrance, I don't mind as much that it's not on the CL floor.

At WL and the CR, for example, the CL floor is secured, CL-only, which we prefer, but BWI isn't set-up like that. And, it's not like the cottage is on a separate floor somewhere else, like 5 of the Deluxe rooms. It has its own private entrance which is nice and unlike BWI's CL floor, there won't be anyone above us;)

We may find that the additional cost wasn't "worth it," so trying it out for just 3 nights is an acceptable level of risk for me.

20. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I agree that for 3 nights it's worth to try it and at least you still have your Standard Club Level reservation for this August if you don't like the Garden/Cottage Suite.

Now even though the 4th floor is not a 100% Club Level floor like the CR or WL and the fact three of their Standard Club Level Rooms are located just before the door which leads into secure hallway, at least all their other Standard Club Level Rooms are located on the secure side. Plus you are guaranteed to get a room on the secure side if you want a Garden/Epcot view, since the three rooms located before that door are of the Boardwalk view.

21. robinsegg

robinsegg DIS Veteran

Hi!
    Some more questions:

1. In a Standard CL room, just exactly what "perks" do we get? I know we get access to the lounge, but what else comes with it?

2. Is there a favorite room request that we should consider or avoid? We will be there the week after Thanksgiving.

3. Is Boardwalk or Courtyard view generally considered better?

4. Are children (over 10) allowed in the Innkeeper's Lounge without parents?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.