• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we finally made it! We finally arrived at boardwalk villas at around 230 Saturday morning. We're in room 2107 which faces the main entrance to the resort. View is blocked by shrubs, but we're just here to crash. Room is I'm great shape, and staff here couldn't be nicer! Had lunch at Beaches and Cream across the lake, and had a great dinner at the Wave at the Contemporary. TOTWL wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but still plenty busy.

Saw a couple of your groups in our adventures, one of them a huge group if about 80 people! For the most part, they were pretty well behaved , except for the few annoying kids that had no chaperone. No worries though, it was a great first day here!

Will be checking into a 2BR later today since the in-laws are starting to come in today. Feel free to ask any and all questions, I'll try to check in throughout our stay here!
Let the fun begin! Thanks for checking in with us and I hope you have a great vacation!

Hello all. I recently booked my first stay at BWI (April 2013) and we will be staying in a club level room (first time for that too). I just received a welcome email from Disney's Itinerary Planning Team with a very high level description of what they offer.

Can anyone who has stayed in a club level room let me know what type of things they typically request of the IPO before arrival? Along the same lines, can you describe some of the services offered by the club level concierge staff you typically utilize during your stay?

I want to be sure I get the most out of my club level stay but am a little unclear about what exactly the staff can do for me.

Thanks! :)
Nice to see you over from the CR thread;) and congratulations on booking your BWI/CL stay for 2013. I stayed in the Innkeeper's Club in March/April (and other CLs) and one thing I love about staying CL is that if you have any problems or need help during your stay, instead of going downstairs or calling a call center in another part of FL, you can get help from a club level concierge. I also like being able to confirm my room location requests with the IPO in advance of my arrival and have them make recreation and tour reservations for us.

There may be another post with this question but with 95 pages its hard to look through all of them. Does anybody have pictures of the hide-a-bed folded out in the boardwalk villas studio? Is it comfortable for an adult to sleep on?

Thanks!
I don't think that photo has been posted here before, but here is a link to a recent DISboards post on another thread showing photos of the BWV daybed both open and closed:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2925665

Thank you WDWKOOK :thumbsup2
You're welcome!

hi everyone! ive read a few things on here about a secret staircase at BWI. where is it and where does it lead to? i know that the garden suites we are staying in are a bit of a hike to the CL...does this staircase cut the walk down? i have stayed at BWI in a regular room a few years back but I dont recall where the Garden Suites are located. a little over seven months until we go!!:thumbsup2

Nice to see you over from the CR thread;) and congratulations on booking your BWI/CL stay for 2013. I stayed in the Innkeeper's Club in March/April (and other CLs) and one thing I love about staying CL is that if you have any problems or need help during your stay, instead of going downstairs or calling a call center in another part of FL, you can get help from a club level concierge. I also like being able to confirm my room location requests with the IPO in advance of my arrival and have them make recreation and tour reservations for us.

Haha...thanks Kook! Great tip on the room location request. Good to hear from you! :)

Staying BWI for the first time this September with DBF. He jsut returned from a week there with his son, DIL and grandkids. He had a perfect room, 3rd floor almost bove the bakery, and did a lot of scouting for me, since I am in an ECV to see the easiest way to get to places, etc. for me. Not that I would ever doubt my sweetie, but he says there is no way to walk outside from the quiet pool to the pool bar. For me that means I have to go in the building, up the elevator, across on the lobby level, down the elevator on the villas side and out. That sounds cumbersome and crazy. Can anyone verify? Thanks.

Considering BWI for our upcoming December trip. Quick question...is there a spa/jacuzzi at the quiet pool on the BWI side or just the ones at the main pool and the Villas quiet pool?

Considering BWI for our upcoming December trip. Quick question...is there a spa/jacuzzi at the quiet pool on the BWI side or just the ones at the main pool and the Villas quiet pool?

ojef83.jpg

I hope the image came out ok, I don't do these often! :)

This is a pic of the quiet pool on the BWI side.
I never went to the quiet pool, but I believe that is a hot tub there in the back of this pic.

So I have gotten through about half of this thread in the week since my wait list came through! Man! A lot of you are making CL sound appealing!! :) But alas, I have DVC to keep me happy for the time being!

So we are booked "Preferred View - Garden or Pool View." And as I read through the threads, it seems like even some of these rooms get a BW view even though they are not categorized as such. Am I misinterpreting what I'm reading? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the area, as I've only visited the resort once and it was mostly walking along the boardwalk.

All I can come up with so far is that I want a high floor! Can anyone help me with what kind of view to request for the villas? Obviously, I'd love a view of Illuminations or Wishes if that's possible, but I'm very confused!! :confused3

So I have gotten through about half of this thread in the week since my wait list came through! Man! A lot of you are making CL sound appealing!! :) But alas, I have DVC to keep me happy for the time being!

So we are booked "Preferred View - Garden or Pool View." And as I read through the threads, it seems like even some of these rooms get a BW view even though they are not categorized as such. Am I misinterpreting what I'm reading? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the area, as I've only visited the resort once and it was mostly walking along the boardwalk.

All I can come up with so far is that I want a high floor! Can anyone help me with what kind of view to request for the villas? Obviously, I'd love a view of Illuminations or Wishes if that's possible, but I'm very confused!! :confused3

With BWV, the BW view is a specific booking category for DVC points only. You could get the Village Green with Preferred, Garden or Pool which looks out on the grassy area between the BWI and BWV towards the boat dock.

We love the BW and have stayed many times at BWV and a couple of times at BWI. I just took the plunge and booked a BW Garden Cottage Suite. It's a very last minute decision, only 30 days out, but DH and I will be there for our 30th anniversary. Love the info I'm finding here about the lounge offerings. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a cottage with a balcony.

There is a jacuzzi with the quiet pool. Just beware of the extracurricular activities taking place occasionally:scared1: My DD and her friends were only 11 at the time, so did not really need the education. One of them proceeded to announce "This is the quiet pool, not the nasty pool!":rotfl: By the time I went and reported it they were gone. Ahhhhh the youth of today;)
Any other time the area is a relaxing place to be. DD and her friends like to swim there more than the busier Luna Park. I am a germaphobe so I don't set foot in public swimming pools or hot tubs but I like the quiet time.

The quiet pool is nice. I really enjoyed it when I was there in March. The most people there at one time numbered 7! Only 2 kids and they were well behaved.

NOW....the hot tub:confused3.....was AWFUL. I hope it's been repaired. The jets were very weak and the hot tub was really a "not so hot" tub.

We love using the quiet pool/hot tube. We prefer that area way over the big pool. We too have experienced what sfbank has experienced but that didn't stop us from coming back. If anything the more people we had in the party, those individuals got the hint with our displeasure and disappeared.

There is a jacuzzi with the quiet pool. Just beware of the extracurricular activities taking place occasionally:scared1: My DD and her friends were only 11 at the time, so did not really need the education. One of them proceeded to announce "This is the quiet pool, not the nasty pool!":rotfl: By the time I went and reported it they were gone. Ahhhhh the youth of today;)
Any other time the area is a relaxing place to be. DD and her friends like to swim there more than the busier Luna Park. I am a germaphobe so I don't set foot in public swimming pools or hot tubs but I like the quiet time.

We love using the quiet pool/hot tube. We prefer that area way over the big pool. We too have experienced what sfbank has experienced but that didn't stop us from coming back. If anything the more people we had in the party, those individuals got the hint with our displeasure and disappeared.

Eww, are these honeymooners from the cottages? I may find myself yelling "Get a room!" :rotfl:

hi everyone! ive read a few things on here about a secret staircase at BWI. where is it and where does it lead to? i know that the garden suites we are staying in are a bit of a hike to the CL...does this staircase cut the walk down? i have stayed at BWI in a regular room a few years back but I dont recall where the Garden Suites are located. a little over seven months until we go!!:thumbsup2
I can't recall the exact directions from the GS, but hopefully someone else will remind uspopcorn::

Staying BWI for the first time this September with DBF. He jsut returned from a week there with his son, DIL and grandkids. He had a perfect room, 3rd floor almost bove the bakery, and did a lot of scouting for me, since I am in an ECV to see the easiest way to get to places, etc. for me. Not that I would ever doubt my sweetie, but he says there is no way to walk outside from the quiet pool to the pool bar. For me that means I have to go in the building, up the elevator, across on the lobby level, down the elevator on the villas side and out. That sounds cumbersome and crazy. Can anyone verify? Thanks.
That does sound like a bad route, but I can't recall a sidewalk going from the QP to the pool bar. Hopefully, someone else will knowpopcorn::

:wave2:Hi, Kathy. Nice to see you over here.

We love the BW and have stayed many times at BWV and a couple of times at BWI. I just took the plunge and booked a BW Garden Cottage Suite. It's a very last minute decision, only 30 days out, but DH and I will be there for our 30th anniversary. Love the info I'm finding here about the lounge offerings. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a cottage with a balcony.
You can email the IPO to verify that your balcony request is in your reservation. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary:love: and get a GS with a balcony, Jeannie!

:scared1::sad2:

two more days until we return to the BWI. I cannot wait to see all my "family" at the Innkeeper's Club!!

KerryCM-Have a good visit-sorry we are just going to miss again :rolleyes: I am in single digits!:dance3:

I think that's right. I know I exited to the BWI quiet pool and couldn't find my way out to the Boardwalk. I asked a housekeeper that was headed to the Cottages and she told me I had to go back into the hotel and come out through the lobby. I agree with you; it is cumbersome and crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter