1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Somewhere, just in the last month or so, I found a simple diagram of BWV Boardwalk-view room locations. It's a diagram, not a photo, presented as if you're looking at BWV from the lake, and shows boxes stacked up to represent the various rooms. The room types are color-coded to show what kind of room each one is e.g. dedicated studio is one color, lockoff studio is another color, etc. and the room number is also shown.

I want to share that link with DD - we've scored a GV for next January :yay: and I want her to know where our villa might be! We're the planners for our trip and so excited - it will be our first full-family trip since January 2007, and we've added a SIL and a DGD since then! pixiedust:

Do you know where I can find that diagram, or something similar???

TIA! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ahutton

ahutton WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

For those of you down there now, how is Luna Park pool? Is it open gain?

4. Cecile716

Cecile716 Earning My Ears

We depart for BWI this coming Sat., March 9 for a week. We just received a letter from Disney in the mail this weekend telling us that the Luna Park pool will not be open during our stay :( . Other than that minor disappointment we are PACKED, AND READY TO FLY. So looking forward to warm weather and the incredible flower and garden show awaiting our arrival.

Does anyone who has stayed CL at BWI know if they have IPOD players in the rooms?

5. EMHDad

EMHDad DIS Veteran

Staying at the boardwalk in Jan. We are flying in on marathon sat. (11th) and staying til the 18th. When do the christmas decorations come down? What is the pool temp like?

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They should be all gone by the time you arrive.

7. SnowWhite3

SnowWhite3 Earning My Ears

Did they mention when it will be open again? I have heard you will be able to visit SAB, so thats good:) We are 35 days out ourselves so I am curious. First time for us so I am unsure about the ipod players, but I feel like the clock radio would play the ipod at AKL, but not 100% sure on that.

8. Cecile716

Cecile716 Earning My Ears

Hi Snow - I believe the letter mentions "mid-March" as the open date for the Luna Park pool. So you should be fine for your visit.

9. disneychic33

disneychic33 Mouseketeer

I am staying March 16-23 and I also received the letter. I don't know if it will be closed the whole time or not, pretty sure those dates are mid-March though.

10. marmar

marmar Mouseketeer

The xmas decorations are "planned" to be gone by then. But we were there several years ago in a horrible cold snap. (It snowed on the half-marathon). The grounds folks were so busy trying to save plants that they did not get to the outside decorations until after the marathon. The indoor decorations at the resorts were gone though

11. PrincessShanShan

PrincessShanShan Mouseketeer

I was there marathon weekend of 2010 and 2011 and some of the Christmas decorations were still up both years.

12. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

I also received the letter, my sister & I are staying March 17-19. It doesn't effect us cuz we never use the pools.

13. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

We are here now. Luna pool is closed, but it has been too cold to swim anyway. They are shuttling people to SAB or one can walk over there. We have a 5th floor standard view and it is perfect. We overlook a garden and can see illuminations at night. If we lean over the balcony rail a bit, we have a decent view of Wishes, too. I asked for morning housekeeping during our stay and that has worked great. We went to EE at Epcot this morning and our room was serviced by the time we retuned shortly after 10:00. It's been really lovely.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. Sandi

Okay, I just walked by the Luna park pool and propel are swimming and using the slide. However, there is also a lady shuttling people to sab.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

15. ckrisie

ckrisie Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a while but we were just able to book our honeymoon with a split stay at BWV renting points TODAY! :cool1:

Thank you all for your questions and answers hopefully by Jan next year I will be an expert and will be able to impress my new hubby with all this great info.

16. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:confused3
    Thank you for letting everyone know, but I hope they don't find out about this at YC/BC;). This might be the perfect situation for Pixarmom!

:welcome:
    How exciting that you'll be there for your honeymoon! Are you getting married at WDW?

17. WDWKOOK

Here is the BWV Room Finder Chart that might help you and congratulations on booking!

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=table&tableid=6

18. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

Here is the link:
    http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44982179&postcount=1

Denise

19. WDWKOOK

20. dunangst

dunangst Mouseketeer

Is the Luna Park pool open for good now? I was transferred from the front desk to recreation services and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion. We are arriving on March 30th and curious to know if rehab is done...not if pool is closed due to cold weather at WDW. Any help appreciated.

21. Sandi

It is open now. I saw it with my own little eyes. Today is our first good weather day, and many people are using the pool and the clown slide. They don't typically close pools for cold weather, there just aren't any life guards and they close off access to the slides. Yesterday we woke to 35 degrees and it got to about 60. Today I think we hit 77 by about 2:00. Tomorrow doesn't look so good. Those of you coming later this month should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.