(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge wine drinker myself, but LOVE the picture with the wine glass. Excellent.

Hi everyone!

We (DH and I) will be staying at BWI for the first time this December! We are very excited. The only other deluxe we have stayed at was GF for our honeymoon and we loved it, but we want to try different resorts. Other than GF, we have only done values (which we enjoy). I'm so excited to be staying at an EPCOT resort! Are there any "must-dos" when staying at BWI? We will be there for 9 nights and really want to take it all in! :)

Jellyrolls! It's become our new must-do evening activity.

Seriously, you're going to love BW. Just remember to take the time to take in the details of the resort. Sit on the rocking chairs near the lobby and watch the people below. Watch Illuminations one night from the benches down near Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall. And the early mornings on the BW are just gorgeous.

Enjoy all the amazing food options in the Epcot resort area (don't forget the Swan and Dolphin, their restaurants are amazing!).

When you watch Illuminations in the World Showcase, wait for people to clear out after the show. There's nothing like having the WS to yourself as yo leisurely stroll back to your resort.

Enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Thank you for posting your photos and menu, pixarmom:thumbsup2

Not a huge wine drinker myself, but LOVE the picture with the wine glass. Excellent.

Happy to post! I'm not the best photographer, but it's fun to share some happiness from BWI!

For those who prefer a different beverage, here's my coffee on the balcony!

DSCN0034_zpse59dedbe.jpg

Love all the "must-dos." I'm going to compile them later today for the first page - thanks!

pixarmom, what's in that coffee?:coffee:

My DW and I are going to stay at BWI for the first time this year. She is going to run the Wine and Dine Half Marathon with 2-3 of her coworkers. I would run it but recently dislocated my knee cap which has put training on hold for at least 9 weeks. Grrr.. The pictures that everyone has posted are awesome. We are really excited. We have stayed at POFQ, All-Star Music, and CSR. This will be our 4th trip to Disney World in our 4 years of being married. Obviously we are very committed to keeping up with the tradition that we started on our honeymoon.

WDWKOOK said:
Congratulations on booking! Will you be at the resort to utilize the lounge? Will you use the IPO?

I think that Pixarmom posted a photo of the menu. Let me go find it.

Yippee! There is entertainment on the BoardWalk which is lots of fun and little shops to wander in to. Walking to Epcot and DHS is so convenient. You can also eat on the BW, YC/BC and Swolphin. You can also walk to Fantasia Gardens golf. Also, there is a Hess gas station right across the street from BWI, should you need something.

can you walk safely to the hess?

Six more sleeps until we're at BWI. DH is being a total sport (he is not a Disney guy); he woke me up with "6 more sleeps" this morning. :cool1:

Anyone there now who can report on the progress of the pool and the Bakery?

Hi Sandi :wave2: Knew I could find you here... :goodvibes Did DH repeat the "countdown of sleeps" since then?? :upsidedow Love it! :cool1:

Have a wonderful time! Happy anniversay! :cheer2:

Hi Kook!! :wave2:

Hi Sandi :wave2: Knew I could find you here... :goodvibes Did DH repeat the "countdown of sleeps" since then?? :upsidedow Love it! :cool1:

Have a wonderful time! Happy anniversay! :cheer2:

Hi Kook!! :wave2:

Janet, you're the best! :thumbsup2 As you can tell by my text a little while ago, my DH is doing the countdown of sleeps. Every day I get an e-mail at work with the number of sleeps left. Down to 3!

I am so looking forward to BWI. It is a bit of a splurge for me and I'm going to drink it all in! We'll actually spend some time at the resort because DH is not a theme park guy. It will be a much different vacation than those I take with my DD at Pop. It's great how Disney offers something for everyone!

Kook, this thread has been terrific. I so appreciate your keeping it up to date and full of such useful information. You made my planning easy peasy! :cheer2:

Stayed at BWI Feb 9-17 and LOVED it. Had a 5th floor room looking over the garden suites with a fantastic view of IllumiNations.

I am so excited! I just changed our reservation in May from POR to BWI for ten nights. Does a small adult fit on the day bed? Anything I shouldn't miss?

I am so excited! I just changed our reservation in May from POR to BWI for ten nights. Does a small adult fit on the day bed? Anything I shouldn't miss?

YAY!!! :cheer2: We're currently booked for POR as well, and I'm missing my BWI. Take me with you!!! Ha ;)

teacher31 said:

Congrats! We went from CSR to BWI CL. :)

We upgraded to SVCL are all of these rooms on same floor as lounge? What floor is that? Do we have a better chance of not facing the parking lot and having a balcony?

Thanks

Stayed at BWI Feb 9-17 and LOVED it. Had a 5th floor room looking over the garden suites with a fantastic view of IllumiNations.
Sounds perfect! I love that view.

Congratulations!

I believe I've read that the BWI daybed isn't intended for adults, but I don't have any personal experience.

We upgraded to SVCL are all of these rooms on same floor as lounge? What floor is that? Do we have a better chance of not facing the parking lot and having a balcony?

Thanks
There aren't any parking lot views with a CL room. The STD CL room is the only standard-sized CL room you can book. It can be a view of the BW/Crescent Lake or the Gardens/pool/Epcot. You can place a view request in your reservation by emailing the IPO. The STD CL rooms are located on the 4th floor, which is the same floor as the lounge and all rooms will have a balcony.

Sounds perfect! I love that view.

Congratulations!

I believe I've read that the BWI daybed isn't intended for adults, but I don't have any personal experience.

There aren't any parking lot views with a CL room. The STD CL room is the only standard-sized CL room you can book. It can be a view of the BW/Crescent Lake or the Gardens/pool/Epcot. You can place a view request in your reservation by emailing the IPO. The STD CL rooms are located on the 4th floor, which is the same floor as the lounge and all rooms will have a balcony.

This makes me a VERY happy girl! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter