City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

I hate to say oh Good but I thought he posted an update.

Hopefully just busy and not anything bad. :)

englishrose47 said:
Where is Glenn ?????

Poolrat said:
I hate to say oh Good but I thought he posted an update.

Hopefully just busy and not anything bad. :)

Sorry...yes, just busy. Didn't even get to watch much football today. And I have to do something with Lauren tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll get to replies and the next update.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.........again, that could have been the case multiple rounds but you just happened to choose that one for modifying that rule.

BTW, when you DID show up to score the contest, I was the ONLY one who always did and STILL had the correct answer. Everyone else had changed theirs to something else and no longer had the correct answer.........

But again, not surprised............

Well, good. I'm glad you're not surprised. I'd hate to disappoint you. ;)

Listen to him carry on !! I will give him a Pastie !!!!:rotfl2:

I don't think I want to even know what that is....I don't recommend that you do a Google Image search on that. :eek: And now that I've said that, I know you will. :lmao:

You are a sore loser Marv !! :rotfl2: If you weren't soooo busy with your CSI equipment to micro examine each pix you mighta been first !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Now poor Glenn is scratching his head ( prolly still sand in it ) saying PASTIE:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Exactly! Well, except for the Pastie part. :laughing:

I'm so glad you got to see a turtle nesting. What a special experience.

Hi Vanessa! It was so cool (and I'm so glad that we didn't have another disappointment that night), and something that our family will remember for a very long time. :goodvibes

The last time Danielle lost a tooth the tooth fairy was a no show. I don't know if she has outgrown it yet but we sure have.

Our tooth fairy just has short-term memory loss and can't remember to get the job done before going to bed. :rolleyes:

Sorry for your tumble in the water. I hate the feeling of not knowing which way is up.

Thanks. (Smashing your face into the bottom ain't so hot either. :headache:)

Sounds like your Miranda was the female version of Dennis the Menace. Danielle was always very talkative too. When she was little she would talk to other people in the grocery store aisle since I was too busy concentrating of shopping.

Dennis the Menace is a good comparison...."Hiya Mister Wilson!"

The campfire sounded fun except for the no-seeums.

Yeah, I don't know what they can do about that.

Looking forward to the drive to Disney.

:drive:

Another great update!

Gee thanks, Squidgy!

Sorry about the tumbles mind, that must have been a nasty shock.

Yeah, it was. It coulda been a great wave to ride, too...had I caught it.

I'm about as clumsy in the water as I am out, so I've experienced sand face and pool headbanging far too often on vacation for my liking.

And that was just the kiddie pool. ;)

I think we've all encountered an unwanted talkative friend on vacation before... So awkward! Even as a child I hated the constant questions. Sometimes they'll sneak up on you when you least expect it ;) It's tolerable for a while, but boy can it start to wear on your patience! Glad you slipped under the radar at the campfire!

Yep. I hated to be that way, trying to sneak away from this little kid, but it got downright annoying!

Wow, there's a whole lot going on in this one!

A whole days-worth of miscellaneous "stuff".

I'm glad you were finally able to accomplish all the needed errands, even if it did result in approximately an extra 94 miles of driving, or whatever it ended up being.

Yes, and 1.666667 hours sitting at traffic lights.

All in all, it looks like a fun, somewhat leisurely day.

Somewhat!

Even despite the wipeouts, I think that's awesome that you and James got to try to ride some waves in. :rotfl2::rotfl:

I forgot to mention in the chapter that my nephew is becoming quite the avid surfer. He didn't want to come to visit us that day because the waves there aren't (usually) up to his standards, but he was pleased with them after he got there. I guess anything big enough to "maytag" me (as Capt. O informed me) is a decent wave for a surfer.

I'm sorry you got a new unwanted friend at the pool. I'm sure you're right, she's probably just a social little girl who is on vacation with her parents and just looking for a friend. That doesn't make it any less annoying though. :rotfl2:

Yeah, like I said to Squidgyness above (no, that's not my name for God, I mean a reply earlier in this post :rotfl2:) I hated to have to ditch the kid, but both James and I had had enough. :scared:

Great update!

Thank you MissLiz.

Sorry about the tumble! There is no way I would have been able to right myself if that happened to me.

Not my best moment.

Sorry you got stuck with Miranda. Anytime we've been stuck with a child like that, I spend the whole time trying so hard to get away and then I feel so stinking bad about it when the child finally leaves.

Exactly...sounds like you've been there.

I'm glad you went to the campfire. We really enjoyed it, but we also have two younger girls. Ours was a lot more packed, so maybe you didn't have to wait in line as long to get your smores fixin's. We learned a couple new songs that from ours. We still break out into "Baby Shark" all the time.

All the benches filled up, and I think we just waited a little bit for the line to die down before Lauren went and got some marshmallows.

My girls already knew "Baby Shark" from summer camp...I'm not sure if they learned anything new. Actually, they would make good cast members to host the campfire sing-a-long. :)

I have never thought to do that! Man, that would have been a great save. Kids have given up at this point.

My favorite visit from the tooth fairy was one time when Lauren lost her tooth at school, brought it home in her coat pocket, and forgot to take it out. In the morning, she was sad that she'd forgotten about it, but the tooth fairy had found it and left money in her pocket. :teeth: ;)

I swear around the fire is the worst. However I still have another no see um story coming up that surprised even me!

Here's what I'm picturing --> pixiedust: Only the pixiedust is no-see-um's. :rotfl2:

many good things in this chapter...but ill comment on this since no one else appeared too.

im just going to say, im sure, they were all thinking the same thing as you mister innocent?;)

Looks like I have to borrow Pat's smiley.
smilie_x_056.gif

Isn't there a d) all of the above option?

This is a free-form test, so you can insert that on your own, if you choose. (And it would be the correct answer.)

Wow, your Tooth Fairy stinks. I'll have to let James know about the other options available. You'd think Tinkerbell would be able to find Vero Beach. :confused3

Yes, the tooth fairy can get burned-out. Ours is looking to take a sabbatical.

So that's the nerd dorm?

I'm not sure where they'd put a pocket protector on their wizard robes, but yes.
nerd.gif

IMG_0095.jpg
[/QUOET]

I'm not sure James is gonna like the haircut he gets in there. :scared:

A haircut with a filet knife!

Been there, done that. This is also known as being "Maytagged". :rotfl2:

That's a perfect term! That's it exactly! :rotfl2:

I guess it was either that or spike her soda with Ny-Quil. And then you'd have to worry about lawsuits and everything.

Her parents were probably lawyers.
reeling-smiley.gif

Good ol' Maryann, coming through for you even when she's not there. :thumbsup2

She's everywhere, I tell ya.
smiley_superman2.gif

I think I spotted the lie!

No lies on this thread. Plenty of artistic license maybe. :rolleyes:

Best-written part of the whole chapter.:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Move and TV show quotes are a great way to write funny stuff! You should try it! :lmao:

Hey - once again, WAY behind!

Not a problem. I've been going slow for you. :rolleyes2

The beach day looks like so much fun. Few things are more peaceful than flying a kite at the beach.

Yep, checked that off the list.....Relax by flying kite -- DONE! :hyper: :laughing:

I must say, I HATE feet. However, the feet-picture exchange was AWESOME!

It made me laugh too.

The mini golf looks like a lot of fun, although incredibly brief. :laughing: Hmm, I wonder if my daughter is old enough for mini golf yet. That could be a fun new activity! If it took longer than 5 seconds…..

I think that particular course be handled by almost any age! (Which is probably what they were going for.)

I have to admit that I enjoyed the towel drama. :laughing: There is always a LOT of drama here, and I can’t even imagine what it will be like when DD hits the tween and teen years. :scared1:

Brace yourself! :lmao:

Love your BIL’s mouse story! :rotfl2:

He swears it's true, and he's told it to me a couple of times.

What an amazing experience to see the sea turtle up close like that. I can’t even imagine! I didn’t realize they were so big either.

It was a highlight of the whole trip! So cool. :thumbsup2

Ugh - errands on vacation. YUCK!

We just can never seem to get everything we need in one trip....just this past Saturday we ended up going to the grocery store 3 times. :faint: We would've never made it as pioneers, who only went to town like once every six months.

Love those tiny fish y’all caught! :thumbsup2

Oh, they were huge for that little pond. :rolleyes:

We had no problems at all through the storm, our lights flickered a bit, but nothing serious. Thank you for asking and thinking of us! :goodvibes As I'm sure you know, that was not the case for much of NYC and Jersey. It's been a hard hit and it will take a long time to get back to normal. I may be going out to the Rockaways (where all those homes burned to the ground) to help serve on Tuesday.

Thanks for coming back to post that; I just saw your update on your thread too. I'm glad you guys are okay. Bless you for helping out. You're a giver! :goodvibes

Great update! Looks like a very relaxing and enjoyable day...aside from the errands. Errands and vacation are just frustrating! Been there!

You'd think we could plan better! Ay carumba.

The campfire looks like fun!! We really need to get to Vero. :scratchin

Your list of places to get to is pretty long! :laughing:

Well, good. I'm glad you're not surprised. I'd hate to disappoint you. ;)

I don't think I want to even know what that is....I don't recommend that you do a Google Image search on that. :eek: And now that I've said that, I know you will. :lmao:

Exactly! Well, except for the Pastie part. :laughing:

Google Cornish Pasties and you men can get your minds outta the gutter :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The road you went down looking for Supercuts would have freaked me out. I love horror films and would have thought Leatherface was going to come out. :scared1:

Sounds like fun at the beach. Miranda would have annoyed me. I like peace and quiet.

The campfire sounds like fun too.

Ever since reading that last update I have been having urges to write HufflePuff Milk on all the almond milks we have in our fridge.
Ahhh that video is hilarious! So that's why I can't digest lactose...

Good work with the fish! They may be on the small side but the last time I went fishing my rod got stuck up a tree, so you're still beating me! :confused3

The road you went down looking for Supercuts would have freaked me out. I love horror films and would have thought Leatherface was going to come out. :scared1:

Now there's a great idea for a horror movie -- a haunted GPS that steers its owners to their untimely demise!

It would have been scary, but it was still a little after 9am or so. I don't think those psycho guys are up and slaying before noon.

Sounds like fun at the beach. Miranda would have annoyed me. I like peace and quiet.

The campfire sounds like fun too.

I think she was a little much for just about anybody to take.

Ever since reading that last update I have been having urges to write HufflePuff Milk on all the almond milks we have in our fridge.
Ahhh that video is hilarious! So that's why I can't digest lactose...

Feel free to do so! I'm glad you liked the video, I thought it was hilarious too.

Good work with the fish! They may be on the small side but the last time I went fishing my rod got stuck up a tree, so you're still beating me! :confused3

You sound like me -- I measure success in golf by how many balls I lose, and success in fishing by how many snags I get. :thumbsup2

Weve now come to our last morning at Vero Beach. Saturday, June 23rd. One of Judys must dos for this portion of the trip was to walk on the beach at sunrise. Because Im such a loving and supportive husband, I agreed to accompany her&although she was probably smart and asked me earlier in the trip. If shed have asked me as I was waking up that morning, it probably wouldve been a tough sell. Anyway, by 6:15am, we were out, taking in the sunrise. (Note  there are no touch-ups or filters on these pictures.)

I think I took this near the Green Cabin rental shack, but Im not sure what the rope is on the right side of this picture.

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

I like this one. I might have to soup it up on Instagram.

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

There were one or two other people out on the beach that morning also.

IMG_5876.jpg

There were some fresh turtle tracks from nesting activity overnight, and a sea turtle person was out on this 4-wheeler, identifying them.

IMG_5877.jpg

Heres a false crawl, where she turned around and headed back to the ocean. It really looks like a machine made these tracks, doesnt it?

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

This was kind of funny. This turtle volunteer guy was trying to mark this new nest, but it was right on top of an existing one. I said something to him about it and he said, yeah, shes got the whole beach and she picks this spot, right on top of another nest! It was a bit of a challenge for him to mark.

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

A mess of nests! They must like this spot.

IMG_5887.jpg

Time to starting heading back, to get ready for the day.

Shows over folks. Move along. Nothing to see.

IMG_5888.jpg

Judy paused to take a picture of these flowers. While she did that, I sat down on a bench.

2012-06-23071108.jpg

Apparently, I shouldve looked at the bench first.

2012-06-23071136.jpg

j j k So take a good look at my face. Youll see my smile looks out of place. If you look closer its easy to trace&the tracks of my rear. j j k

IMG_5889.jpg

I didnt think that Id taken any good pictures of the front of the resort, since it started raining when I was doing my photo stroll on our first morning, so we went out to take a couple.

IMG_5890.jpg

I needed my own picture of the sign.

IMG_5892.jpg

I took a picture of the covering over Peter Pans tunnel. This entrance to the resort is just to the right of this picture. Behind the fencing along the left side of the picture, is the ramp that we walked down to get to the tunnel.

IMG_5893.jpg

Another shot of the front of the resort. That oughtta do it.

IMG_5894.jpg

This is the front of the building that our suite was in. You can see how low the clearance is to the underground parking.

IMG_5895.jpg

Other than that, my notes for this morning say, check-out info now comes to your smartphone e-mail. So, I dont have a picture of that notorious folio paper that they slip under your door on check-out day. I guess thats better? :confused3

Up next: Where are Poppy and Gram?!
Link to next chapter

Now that I've got that Count impression done, I can comment.

I love the turtle tracks! They do look like someone drove a tractor or something around the beach. Funny.

I love the dawn pictures! Maybe I should try to sucker my DH into a beach walk at dawn sometime. It seems so peaceful.

The clearance to that parking area looks a lot smaller than the main building clearance. Do you need to have a Barbie Jeep to fit through?

Sitting on a wet bench is something I would totally do. At least it was early enough that you had a chance of it drying before anyone saw it...well, until you posted a picture of your rear on a public forum, but whatever.

:rotfl2:

Since MissLiz changed to 5 Judy's, I'm going to stay at 4 Judy's. Even though I think MissLiz is right!

The sunrise is so pretty! I should drag Geoff out of bed one morning so we can do that. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the idea :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter