1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Where is Glenn ?????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I hate to say oh Good but I thought he posted an update.

Hopefully just busy and not anything bad. :)

4. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Sorry...yes, just busy. Didn't even get to watch much football today. And I have to do something with Lauren tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll get to replies and the next update.

5. englishrose47

As lomg as you are OK, just a touch of Marvitis!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

6. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

:lmao: That made me laugh -- "Marvitis"!

Okay, so now I find myself sitting in a Starbucks, so maybe I have some time to do replies.

7. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Well, good. I'm glad you're not surprised. I'd hate to disappoint you. ;)

I don't think I want to even know what that is....I don't recommend that you do a Google Image search on that. :eek: And now that I've said that, I know you will. :lmao:

Exactly! Well, except for the Pastie part. :laughing:

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Hi Vanessa! It was so cool (and I'm so glad that we didn't have another disappointment that night), and something that our family will remember for a very long time. :goodvibes

Our tooth fairy just has short-term memory loss and can't remember to get the job done before going to bed. :rolleyes:

Thanks. (Smashing your face into the bottom ain't so hot either. :headache:)

Dennis the Menace is a good comparison...."Hiya Mister Wilson!"

Yeah, I don't know what they can do about that.

:drive:

Gee thanks, Squidgy!

Yeah, it was. It coulda been a great wave to ride, too...had I caught it.

And that was just the kiddie pool. ;)

Yep. I hated to be that way, trying to sneak away from this little kid, but it got downright annoying!

A whole days-worth of miscellaneous "stuff".

Yes, and 1.666667 hours sitting at traffic lights.

Somewhat!

I forgot to mention in the chapter that my nephew is becoming quite the avid surfer. He didn't want to come to visit us that day because the waves there aren't (usually) up to his standards, but he was pleased with them after he got there. I guess anything big enough to "maytag" me (as Capt. O informed me) is a decent wave for a surfer.

Yeah, like I said to Squidgyness above (no, that's not my name for God, I mean a reply earlier in this post :rotfl2:) I hated to have to ditch the kid, but both James and I had had enough. :scared:

9. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thank you MissLiz.

Not my best moment.

Exactly...sounds like you've been there.

All the benches filled up, and I think we just waited a little bit for the line to die down before Lauren went and got some marshmallows.

My girls already knew "Baby Shark" from summer camp...I'm not sure if they learned anything new. Actually, they would make good cast members to host the campfire sing-a-long. :)

My favorite visit from the tooth fairy was one time when Lauren lost her tooth at school, brought it home in her coat pocket, and forgot to take it out. In the morning, she was sad that she'd forgotten about it, but the tooth fairy had found it and left money in her pocket. :teeth: ;)

Here's what I'm picturing --> pixiedust: Only the pixiedust is no-see-um's. :rotfl2:

Looks like I have to borrow Pat's smiley. [​IMG]

This is a free-form test, so you can insert that on your own, if you choose. (And it would be the correct answer.)

Yes, the tooth fairy can get burned-out. Ours is looking to take a sabbatical.

I'm not sure where they'd put a pocket protector on their wizard robes, but yes. [​IMG]

10. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Not a problem. I've been going slow for you. :rolleyes2

Yep, checked that off the list.....Relax by flying kite -- DONE! :hyper: :laughing:

It made me laugh too.

I think that particular course be handled by almost any age! (Which is probably what they were going for.)

Brace yourself! :lmao:

He swears it's true, and he's told it to me a couple of times.

It was a highlight of the whole trip! So cool. :thumbsup2

We just can never seem to get everything we need in one trip....just this past Saturday we ended up going to the grocery store 3 times. :faint: We would've never made it as pioneers, who only went to town like once every six months.

Oh, they were huge for that little pond. :rolleyes:

Thanks for coming back to post that; I just saw your update on your thread too. I'm glad you guys are okay. Bless you for helping out. You're a giver! :goodvibes

You'd think we could plan better! Ay carumba.

Your list of places to get to is pretty long! :laughing:

11. englishrose47

Google Cornish Pasties and you men can get your minds outta the gutter :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

12. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I can't help it if you never said "Cornish"!

13. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

The road you went down looking for Supercuts would have freaked me out. I love horror films and would have thought Leatherface was going to come out. :scared1:

Sounds like fun at the beach. Miranda would have annoyed me. I like peace and quiet.

The campfire sounds like fun too.

14. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

Ever since reading that last update I have been having urges to write HufflePuff Milk on all the almond milks we have in our fridge.
    Ahhh that video is hilarious! So that's why I can't digest lactose...

Good work with the fish! They may be on the small side but the last time I went fishing my rod got stuck up a tree, so you're still beating me! :confused3

15. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Now there's a great idea for a horror movie -- a haunted GPS that steers its owners to their untimely demise!

It would have been scary, but it was still a little after 9am or so. I don't think those psycho guys are up and slaying before noon.

I think she was a little much for just about anybody to take.

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Feel free to do so! I'm glad you liked the video, I thought it was hilarious too.

You sound like me -- I measure success in golf by how many balls I lose, and success in fishing by how many snags I get. :thumbsup2

17. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Weve now come to our last morning at Vero Beach. Saturday, June 23rd. One of Judys must dos for this portion of the trip was to walk on the beach at sunrise. Because Im such a loving and supportive husband, I agreed to accompany her&although she was probably smart and asked me earlier in the trip. If shed have asked me as I was waking up that morning, it probably wouldve been a tough sell. Anyway, by 6:15am, we were out, taking in the sunrise. (Note  there are no touch-ups or filters on these pictures.)

I think I took this near the Green Cabin rental shack, but Im not sure what the rope is on the right side of this picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like this one. I might have to soup it up on Instagram.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were one or two other people out on the beach that morning also.

[​IMG]

There were some fresh turtle tracks from nesting activity overnight, and a sea turtle person was out on this 4-wheeler, identifying them.

[​IMG]

Heres a false crawl, where she turned around and headed back to the ocean. It really looks like a machine made these tracks, doesnt it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was kind of funny. This turtle volunteer guy was trying to mark this new nest, but it was right on top of an existing one. I said something to him about it and he said, yeah, shes got the whole beach and she picks this spot, right on top of another nest! It was a bit of a challenge for him to mark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mess of nests! They must like this spot.

[​IMG]

Time to starting heading back, to get ready for the day.

Shows over folks. Move along. Nothing to see.

[​IMG]

Judy paused to take a picture of these flowers. While she did that, I sat down on a bench.

[​IMG]

Apparently, I shouldve looked at the bench first.

[​IMG]

j j k So take a good look at my face. Youll see my smile looks out of place. If you look closer its easy to trace&the tracks of my rear. j j k

[​IMG]

I didnt think that Id taken any good pictures of the front of the resort, since it started raining when I was doing my photo stroll on our first morning, so we went out to take a couple.

[​IMG]

I needed my own picture of the sign.

[​IMG]

I took a picture of the covering over Peter Pans tunnel. This entrance to the resort is just to the right of this picture. Behind the fencing along the left side of the picture, is the ramp that we walked down to get to the tunnel.

[​IMG]

Another shot of the front of the resort. That oughtta do it.

[​IMG]

This is the front of the building that our suite was in. You can see how low the clearance is to the underground parking.

[​IMG]

Other than that, my notes for this morning say, check-out info now comes to your smartphone e-mail. So, I dont have a picture of that notorious folio paper that they slip under your door on check-out day. I guess thats better? :confused3

Up next: Where are Poppy and Gram?!
    Link to next chapter

18. MissLiz

MissLiz DIS Veteran

4 Judys

Ooh, actually I change that to 5 Judys! 5 Judys...final answer.

19. MissLiz

MissLiz DIS Veteran

Now that I've got that Count impression done, I can comment.

I love the turtle tracks! They do look like someone drove a tractor or something around the beach. Funny.

I love the dawn pictures! Maybe I should try to sucker my DH into a beach walk at dawn sometime. It seems so peaceful.

The clearance to that parking area looks a lot smaller than the main building clearance. Do you need to have a Barbie Jeep to fit through?

Sitting on a wet bench is something I would totally do. At least it was early enough that you had a chance of it drying before anyone saw it...well, until you posted a picture of your rear on a public forum, but whatever.

:rotfl2:

20. onelilspark

onelilspark DIS Veteran

Since MissLiz changed to 5 Judy's, I'm going to stay at 4 Judy's. Even though I think MissLiz is right!

The sunrise is so pretty! I should drag Geoff out of bed one morning so we can do that. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the idea :laughing:

21. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

6 Judy's...........

And no, that is NOT just saying one more hoping I am right.....